Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen?

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was Fillet of flounder, linguini, and a garden salad. Looking for dessert now!
Believe me.... I won't forget dessert!

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

There is a Mexican market nearby and they sell meats cut, marinated and ready to cook. Carlos is one of Charliie's car club members is renting a room from us now and donated some pork steaks.  I wasn't planning to cook tonight but grilled the steaks, made a salad and tried Beth's potatoes where she boiled little ones, split them in half and fried them.  We also had store bought banana nut bread muffins.  The picture was taken after dinner. These were leftApril, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 20220421
overs.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had the half rack of ribs thawed in the refrigerator. I took them out this morning and added some rib rub (what I mix myself ~ never comes out the same twice) and put them back in the refrigerator until it was time to bake them.

Sauce was some Sweet Baby Ray's, some Japanese BBQ I picked up a while back and a spoonful of the peach preserves.....not a lot of any flavor to take over but a nice, sweet & sticky glaze for pork.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_25_15

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_25_16

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's Tuesday ~ $2.99/lb. fresh ground chuck day at Fresh Market ~ ~ Woo Hoo!!! They dropped the price back down to $2.99 from the $3.99/lb. they sold it for during the height of the pandemic (and even then, there were times when they couldn't get any supply at all.....)

They had some packages already weighed out so I didn't have to wait in a 10-person line to get service. And it was SO fresh looking! I got two packages and that was enough to make 12 - 6 oz. burger patties. I wrap them individually and freeze. That way I can pull out just two if we're having burgers on the grill or I'll pull 3 frozen patties for a recipe that uses a 1# (ok, so 2 oz. more than a pound). I find it really convenient.

And since I just made burgers the other night I didn't want them tonight. When I was rearranging in the freezer to be able to put the sheet pan of patties in the freezer I saw a container of Italian Beef ~ the Italian Pot Roast I make with the 3 mixes in the Crock Pot. It's sized so it's just right for two sandwiches. I knew I had two of the WalMart bakery rolls in the garage freezer so supper was decided! I even had a few slices of mozzarella in the freezer to grab and let thaw to melt on the sandwiches.

Meanwhile, Dane went out and picked some beans so I even have a vegetable ready to go for tonight.

I love when a meal plan falls together so easily!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper went over well ~ I'm glad I have stuff like that in the freezer. I was only able to eat half my sandwich ~ it's a LOT! But HE said to wrap it up and he'll warm it up for his lunch tomorrow (I also saved him 5 of my Crispy Crowns.....)

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_26_12

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_26_13

NormM

NormM

It was Buffalo Wings for dinner tonightApril, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 20220422
April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 20220423

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Shpaghetts and a sausage link.

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Dr. Day for me today.
HEART is doing ok, so that made a next visit in 6 months. Came home with rest first, then to see what dinner will be. Tina is with a cold / allergies ? Coughing all last night.
No fever; witch is good. THERE IS Ground beef in the crisper, so DD can make cheese burgers...
Scratch that, it will be in the 40's later. Too cold for the grill. Oh well, we shall see.

Had a ham and Swiss for a late lunch.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had an appointment to get a new CPAP machine. It was really kind of creepy. The facility was more like a call center with a number of people making calls, all within view of anyone who entered. The technician who came to get me led me down multiple hallways and we ended up in his 'office' which consisted of a tiny table and the walls were covered with trays of supplies for different machines.

No one suggested I would need to know/use my iPhone App Store (and know what my password is ~ and, NO, I don't have every password in current memory). So, because of that the machine couldn't be programed there.

The 'instructions' were hand written in almost legible handwriting and were very vague. I spent 45 minutes once I got home trying to follow the written instructions before I finally did a google search on my computer to complete the task of programming the stupid machine.

By the time I was done messing around with the thing I was in no mood to cook. Dane was having stomach issues most of the day so he just wanted something light picked up. I ended up getting a carry out from the Chinese place I like....and I've got enough food for at least 2 more meals. They are really generous with their orders.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed out a chicken breast this morning not having any clue what I was going to make. I thought about making chicken cutlets and then, like a light bulb lit in my brain, I came up with an idea for Chicken Parm. I wanted fetuccini with it but didn't have any....so, bucattini (thick spaghetti) was as close as I could get.

I didn't have any marinara sauce in the freezer so a batch got simmered earlier in the afternoon. I usually start with a pound of ground chuck and then add veg & a jar of purchased marinara ~ this time it was some from Trader Joe's. I ended up with two jars and an 8 oz. container to freeze and enough left for tonight's supper.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_28_17

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight. We have reservations at Chop House as a farewell dinner for neighbors who are returning to New Hampshire on Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure they'll be missing the temperatures here once they get there......LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Boy! ...... The food looks good and sounds good Beth.
Yesterday was a recoup from the Dr's visit. Tina is finally on antibiotics .
She was prompted by DD to just call and see if the Dr. would send a script to the CVS pharmacy. She called, and the doc had a conversation with her, and came to the conclusion she was sick. Duhhh!!
Now, I am getting sniffles, so I better watch out.
Tina had Liptons chicken noodle soup with xtra noodles.
I don't know what will be for supper today. I'm thinking maybe chili with rice or spaghetti.. We shall see. <-> <->
########################################

Golly Gee Beth, that E-Pap ? or is C pap,? Machine is a pain.
There is One advertised on TV with no hoses. Just a Little pocket thingy
and does the same thing the big machine does. Did you ever se that ad?

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

No, I haven't seen any ads for different C-PAP machines. I know because of my 'soft throat' that I need the air being pushed in so I can sleep. When I had my sleep study done about 8 years ago the doc said I stopped breathing 180 times an hour.....no wonder I was always tired!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:No, I haven't seen any ads for different C-PAP machines.  I know because of my 'soft throat' that I need the air being pushed in so I can sleep.  When I had my sleep study done about 8 years ago the doc said I stopped breathing 180 times an hour.....no wonder I was always tired!

Oh Golly, I'm glad I didn't get that yet.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Charlie made kimchi stew yesterday which is what he does when Kimchi starts to get too soft. He said we were going to need some more gochujang (pepper paste) So I went to the Korean market and got some and some fresh kimchi and a few other things for dinner. we had spicy pork bulgogi and some radish kimchi. I didn't know we were out of laver or I would have had some with dinner. April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 20220424
April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 20220425

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here we are at the end of the month and it's Saturday ~ ~ Ladies' Lunch Day.

So, the only thing I'll have done that relates to cooking is to remove a container of chili from the freezer and let it thaw on the counter so Dane can reheat it for HIS supper. I know after going out to lunch that I won't want any supper.

Heck, I'm still stuffed from the meal I had last night ~ oh, hey, I just remembered I took some pictures to share. Gotta get them downloaded...........

Be right back...........

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, here are the pics from our 'celebration' dinner at our local Chop House restaurant. Dane & I usually order the same thing: Petite Filet done medium rare, baked potato, asparagus and it comes with mushrooms and a sauce of your choice: Hollandaise, Bordelaise, Kentucky Bourbon Peppercorn, Bearnaise or Creamy Gorgonzola Butter Sauce. My choice is usually the Bearnaise, unless I decide to add the 'Oscar Style' with crab meat & asparagus and then I just go with the hollandaise.

And we decided on dessert ~ since Ellen & Roger were having some (we didn't want to be rude and just stare and drool as we looked at THEIR dessert).

I had my all time fav ~ Creme Brulee and Dane ordered the Pecan Salted Caramel Cheesecake.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_29_15

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_29_16

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_29_17

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 5 04_29_18

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Cincinnati chili over angel hair.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thread closed ~ ~ ~ Move on to May......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum