Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun!

+4
Cookin Lore
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

cookingirl

cookingirl

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 F02d5c10
November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 12b16310
November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 D3769f10November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 F02d5c10
November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 12b16310
November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 D3769f10

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your meal looks delicious, Cyn!

What did you have in your cranberry thighs?

bethk

bethk
Admin

It took me a good part of the day to get my kitchen back in order ~ so much to wash, pack up (I have a lot of things packed in original boxes for easier storage) and put away in cabinets, either up high in the kitchen or out in the cabinets in the garage.

I just couldn't face having leftovers tonight. When Dane got home I said, "I think it's an Outback night....." and he agreed beef sounded good. I had their 6 oz. sirloin with a baked potato & side salad and he had a huge burger with bacon, cheese & all the fixin's. It was all pretty tasty.

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight I had a small lamb roast, it turned out perfectly med. rare, made a Greek salad and rice. Supposedly Greek rice from one of my cookbooks!"

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_26_19

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanksgiving clean-up day.

I've got the turkey carcass and assorted vegetables in a pot to turn into turkey stock for soup, etc. later.  What doesn't get eaten today will get frozen (turkey meat) or tossed (leftover vegetables).  

I have a feeling the pies will get tossed.  Neither of us are eating them....((sigh)).....so sad neither of us wants or needs the excess of the leftovers.

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_27_20

bethk

bethk
Admin

I really don't care for turkey so there won't be any turkey leftovers for us tonight. Dane had a hot turkey sandwich for his lunch so I think he's had enough, too.

But I am going to reheat the mashed potatoes & green beans to go with some braised pork steak. I think I'll even reheat (and thin out) the creamed onions to go on the beans because I really liked that ~ but Dane didn't even want to try it at Thanksgiving. He's not big on sauces in any form.

There is pie left but I don't think either of us will have any.....well, we'll see.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper was pretty tasty ~ so glad I decided on braised pork steak instead of reheating any of the leftover turkey.....just the thought made me sad.  The pork was surprisingly tasty with the addition of a little of my cranberry sauce with bits of orange.  The mashed potatoes required quite a bit of half & half to get them creamy again ~ but that's a good thing!  The beans weren't overcooked the first time around so they were still pretty tasty on re-heat ~ and I did really like the creamed onions added.

Even the cabbage slaw was still tasty.  I credit that with the fact that there is just a small amount of dressing and it's fairly 'light' to begin with.  The dried cherries were a lot softer by today.

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_27_21

cookingirl likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Even though I had pork last night it's what I saw when I opened the freezer this morning ~ after I got my turkey stock put into containers and stashed in the garage freezer.

It was the package of trimmings from the pork tenderloin I cleaned up a couple weeks ago.

Turned it into Sweet & Sour Pork.

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_28_14

NormM

NormM

I used up the last of the turkey and made tetrazzini with green beans, deviled eggs, dinner rolls. I didn't get a chance to take any pictures.

bethk likes this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds good, Norm. I've been thinking CHICKEN tetrazzini should be on my menu soon.

I was talking with my daughter and we both said next year we think we should do bone-in rib eye steaks for Thanksgiving. She likes turkey as much as I do. LOL

NormM and cookingirl like this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Sounds good, Norm.  I've been thinking CHICKEN tetrazzini should be on my menu soon.  

I was talking with my daughter and we both said next year we think we should do bone-in rib eye steaks for Thanksgiving.  She likes turkey as much as I do.  LOL

Years ago we were in the rabbit business.  Raised and sold them commercially.. There was a sort of conference to promote rabbit as a food, and I made rabbit tetrazzini.  Somehow, rabbit has not really caught on in North America except with some ethnic markets.  People can't get past the cute fluffy furry thing!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Rainbow trout stuffed with rice, mushrooms, onion, dill and lemon. Potatoes are my attempt at potatoes Anna, my pan was too big, so they just ended up as little potato medallions. And, steamed sprouts and carrots."

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_28_15

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_28_16

bethk

bethk
Admin

I found a package of beef short ribs at the grocery store today that looked really good. I thought I could braise them and have them with the last of the leftovers from Thanksgiving. Today was the absolute LAST day anything made on Thursday could be served.

And actually, it was pretty tasty. The short ribs were tender and tasty and went well with the leftover dressing and parsnips & carrots from Thanksgiving.

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_29_12

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was talking with DD#1 this afternoon and I told her I had some skin-on boneless chicken thighs for supper but didn't know what I was going to fix with them.  She mentioned it was just her and Tori for supper (at different times as Tori has soccer practice and has to eat early) so she was making Rice-a-Roni with her chicken breasts.

PERFECT!  I checked the pantry and there was a box of my Rice-a-Roni ~ that San Francisco Treat!

What can I say? I LIKE Rice-a-Roni and I like Stovetop Stuffing.  And jello.  And boxed cake mixes.

And probably a few more things that I can't think of right now.

My boneless, skin-on thighs got put skin side down in a cold cast iron skillet.  It gets put on medium and the fat renders off and the skin gets crispy.  It gets turned for just a couple minutes on the skinless side, just to be sure it's completely cooked.  Tonight the skin wasn't as crispy as I like so I put the thighs on a little rack under the broiler in the toaster oven to get them crunchy.  Came out pretty tasty.

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! - Page 6 11_30_15

bethk

bethk
Admin

November thread closed.....(can you believe it's December already??)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum