Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun!

+4
Cookin Lore
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have to come up with an idea for supper.

(( Yes, I'm STILL in a mind fog for ideas...... ))

But it's a busy day ~ doctor's appointment this noon, prepping for our first Social Club Meeting and there's a load of laundry calling for me to get busy.

I'm sure I'll think of something for supper. Maybe it'll be quick & easy....... (I hope)

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No clue, but maybe eggs / breakfast for dinner ?? We shall see!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

When I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office I spent my time scrolling through pictures from a year ago looking for ideas for supper. Came across one for beef & pea pods that reminded me we like it. So, a quick stop at the store on the way home for a small piece of lean beef and now all my veg & beef is sliced and ready for a quick stir fry.

I've even got my basmatti rice rinsed.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Turned out pretty tasty......

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! 11_01_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Popeyes shrimp popcorn size and breaded and deeep fried.
Leftover cauliflower we had from 2 day's ago. Spome sausage and meatballs left too.

bethk likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I don't remember if I've already posted this, I cooked some Salisbury steak for the first time the other day

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! A0f22810

Some Spinach stuffed chicken breast

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! Aa242c10

Some cabbage with Sauerkraut and beef Kielbasa sausage, I saw Beth cooked this a lot, I added some maple syrup to sweeten a bit, it was so good

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! F9bb2110

I have a pot of pot roast cooked in my IP, that will be our meal for the week

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda ~ I'm glad you enjoyed the sausage & cabbage I make.....and made it 'your own' !

Sometimes it's nice to have someone give you an idea for a meal.

I'm tired of not finding any 'plain' (not flavor seasoned) rotisserie chickens. All I can find lately are 'lemon pepper' seasoned cooked chickens. I know they're small. But the 'traditional' seasoned ones with just basicly s&p make a nice couple meals for us.

But, as I said, I'm unable to find what I want. SO.....I bought a whole chicken, cut out the back bone and cooked it on the gas grill. It was probably double the size of the little ones from the store rotisserie. And it cost more than twice as much ~ but it was pretty tasty and I have a bunch of cooked chicken leftover for another meal.

I'll probably just take it off the bone and then stick it in the freezer until I decide on something to make.

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! 11_02_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had ramen noodles and quiche Lorain and that DD made yesterday.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Roasted Pork tenderloin and fingerling potatoes,steamed cauliflower."

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! 11_02_13

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was going to have reheated Beef & Peapods for supper ~ I even have enough rice to reheat for a meal for two.

Then I got in a conversation with my across-the-street neighbor, Linda, and she mentioned she was going to Orange Blossom Country Club for Liver & Onions special tonight. When I came back in the house Dane asked what we were having for supper and I told him, "Leftover Beef & Peapods ~ ~ UNLESS you'd rather go to Orange Blossom like Linda for Liver & Onions." He said, "Hmmmm, that sounds GOOD!"

So, I went over to see if she was going with anyone (she's a single lady) and she said, "No", so I said, "Good! You can ride with US!"

It'll be nice to have company to chat with AND I don't have to work on reheating anything....

Phew!

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I love Liver and Onions.... and Bacon too!

Supper will be Pork burgers, and scalloped potatoes. Tina is toiling on the cooktop as I write / type.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane & Linda both ordered the Liver & Onions Special.....and I had the Orange Chicken on Rice with green beans/carrots mix (fresh & cooked tender).

WEDNESDAY
Liver & Onions
calf beef liver sautéed with red wine
and sweet onions, mash potatoes,
mushroom cabernet sauce,
served with seasonal vegetables
$12.95

It's so wonderful that no matter what you might really enjoy but don't necessary care to cook, you can find it on some menu or a weekly special at any one of about 50 close-by restaurants.

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Just a salad, had a steak at lunch with some friends, so I figured I better eat some veggies."

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! 11_03_15

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm JEALOUS of your beautiful tomatoes! Really, a GREAT looking salad supper!

bethk

bethk
Admin

This afternoon (BEFORE I discovered we were going to go out for supper) I had mixed up a bowl of the Grape Salad (actually, more of a dessert than a salad.....).

It's SO very easy and really tasty if you have to take a dish for a pot luck or holiday dinner.

I washed and then pulled the grapes off the stems and put them on a couple layers of paper towels to dry, rolling them around a bit to get the moisture off. No need to cut, just use whole. Red or green seedless grapes would work equally well. The 'dressing' was 4 oz. cream cheese (softened at room temperature), about 2 Tbsp. white sugar, 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (I had Vanilla Paste), 1/2 c. sour cream and about 1/4 c. heavy cream or half & half (even milk would probably work). I mixed the cream cheese with the sugar to get it smooth, stirred in the sour cream, vanilla & then enough cream/half & half/or milk to get it to a thin consistency (so it looks like bottled Ranch Dressing.....). Then just pour it over the grapes (I had about 3 cups or so of whole grapes) and stir. Sprinkle in some chopped toasted pecans if you like....(I did) and refrigerate.

That's it.

I don't think I added enough cream because when it got cold and the cream cheese firmed up it was kind of 'clumpy'. I'm glad it was just for us. It's probably a guessing game and you should try it on a small batch just to see what you think before you take a larger bowl to your relatives' house for Thanksgiving Dinner. LOL

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was pork burgers, scalloped potatoes, and cauliflower for dinner.
We had the fresh made applesauce we canned with it.

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:I'm JEALOUS of your beautiful tomatoes!  Really, a GREAT looking salad supper!

Thanks. I went out for lunch with friends visiting the area from British Columbia, had a great steak while in a restaurant overlooking Niagara Falls, so veggies for supper it was. Tomatoes with radish slices between them, cuc chunks, red pepper, onions, half an avocado, feta, lots of parsley, and just oil and lemon juice dressing. "assembling" a salad as I did is more work than just throwing it in a bowl and tossing, though!

Yes, our tomatoes are still good, there are still some field tomatoes around. We haven't had a frost yet. But, it's coming. SOON!

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD#1 lives just north of Indianapolis, IN and she said it was 29° when she went out yesterday morning.

Brrrrrrrrrr!

NormM

NormM

Charlie wanted a crab boil or steak. Two of us can split a steak but it takes at least two pounds of crab for two. We had steak.November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! 20211110
November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! 20211111

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

And knowing you, Norm, you'll probably somehow fit crab into a meal in the next few days.....

(( good ideas are the ones that get stuck in your head....... ))

LOL

If you look at my pic from Monday you'll see it's really close to my pic tonight.....

Leftovers.

November, 2021 ~ Holiday Planning has Begun! 11_04_13

NormM

NormM

Beth, last year crab went on sale for a couple weeks in December. If it does again, I'll get some but a pound of steak will feed two and a pound of crab will feed one.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had turkey sliced and rolled up with stuffing, then ladled with gravy and heated
in the oven. Served with mashed potatoes and corn. More gravy if desired.
I had a ham and cheese sandwich instead. The kids came over to eat also.

bethk likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I came across this picture in a Sharper Image Catalog

https://www.sharperimage.com/view/product/Mighty+Carving+Knife/207016

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I came across this picture in a Sharper Image Catalog

https://www.sharperimage.com/view/product/Mighty+Carving+Knife/207016

We just got the same catalog. They have some weird stuff!

BTW Debbie, how are you feeling?

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made chicken salad with the leftover grilled chicken ~ always a favorite lunch of mine.

The rest of the leftover chicken got shredded and will be turned into Chicken Enchiladas for our supper.

It's a dreary, cool, rainy day here. The enchiladas just sounded good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum