Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer

+4
NormM
bethk
Admin
JanaAZ
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore"

"Dinner Tonight. Some of sons’ caught Lake Erie pikeral/walleye the all fresh Niagara produce, fingerling potatoes and zucchini done in in my new oven, and plain steamed green beans with butter. Fish was pan fried, so that means my stove is now a mess !"

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_09_13

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's Taco Tuesday at my house!

(I have no idea how I came up with the idea on my own......)

But, anyway, I have the one last avocado smushed into guacamole, fresh ground chuck (Fresh Market $2.99/lb. chuck & chicken day) and the toppings cut and ready in the refrigerator.

I think I'll have a taco salad and HE gets to choose from a salad or soft tacos.

I like to give him a choice...... (He chose soft tacos)

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_10_12

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was fried peppers and provolone sandwiches.
Tina had Dr. day today. Cat scans..... pulmonary issues...She is sick.

bethk likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:It was fried peppers and provolone sandwiches.
Tina had Dr. day today. Cat scans..... pulmonary issues...She is sick.

Jimmy, I hope Tina will feel better soon, take a good rest

bethk

bethk
Admin

Prayers for Tina.....hope she's up and about, back to her old self soon.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you ( Tina said ). Smile

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Some Canadian prayers for Tina also.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lyn & I had a 'get-outta-Dodge' day.....drove about an hour south on I-75 to the Wesley Chapel Costco. Nothing amazing we needed. But we found a lovely Mediterranean restaurant to have lunch at. We shared a salad and got sandwich wraps. I should have stopped at the salad as it was more than enough.

It was just nice to get away to different surroundings.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Do you know what Tina's problem is? I hope it is nothing serious. Nothing being cooked around here. Everything tastes bad and I have a terrible upset stomach. If it weren't for the bag feedings I would be dead. I don't want Joe to do any shopping because he refuses to get a vaccine. I used to be a chocoholic and now I can't even look at chocolate. Dr. says it is going to take months for things to get back to normal.

NormM

NormM

We had pork chops for dinner tonight.August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 20210816

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Do you know what Tina's problem is? I hope it is nothing serious. Nothing being cooked around here. Everything tastes bad and I have a terrible upset stomach. If it weren't for the bag feedings I would be dead. I don't want Joe to do any shopping because he refuses to get a vaccine. I used to be a chocoholic and now I can't even look at chocolate. Dr. says it is going to take months for things to get back to normal.

Tina has copd. Her x rays shows no other complications or growths.
Her lung was cut during her right kidney removal in 2002
She has a bad lung infection, and they are treating her with steroids and
with antibiotics. Also, she is using a nebulizer with medications.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Cheater's day today.no cooking. I decided a couple of days ago that I want to try to make sushi. So, yesterday I went to the grocery store for ingredients. Right by the sushi "stuff" both ready made and do it yourself ingredients, is the takeout section. Bought some crunchy, spicy chicken and a quinoa salad made with a lot of ingredients that would be in a Greek salad. Yumm! Today, hopefully sushi!

bethk

bethk
Admin

A small chicken breast and a bunch of vegetables turned into a tasty stir fry tonight. I made brown basmati rice to go with it.

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_12_10

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I grilled some onions, mushrooms, zucchini and peppers today. Dinner was some of them, some oven roasted fingerling potatoes and some fish left over from a couple of days ago. My fave of the grilled vegetables are the onions . They get so sweet!"

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_12_11

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had leftover sausage in tomato sauce from the other day.
Banana bread for dessert.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Not cooking related right now.  It's Friday, Aug. 13.  Don't imagine you lovely  'mericans have heard about this, but every time we have a Friday 13,  there is a gathering of motor cyclists in Port Dover, Ontario.  On the North Shore of Lake Erie............... thousands of bikers in various forms od dress or undress descend upon this small town.  There's one notoriously well known biker who comes from Buffalo, wearing basically a thong.  Very entertaining. NOT!

P.S. on edit. Guess this is similar to what they have in Sioux Falls, SD, but ours is only one day! LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had our daily shower earlier than usual, which helps with my plan for supper.

I thawed a small rib eye steak in the refrigerator over night and it's now sitting on the counter coming to room temperature before being seared on the charcoal grill.

I've got green beans or asparagus to go with a sweet potato to split and that'll be a wonderful Friday the 13th supper!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The meal is cooked...., thanks to Tina.

Salmon patties and Dirty rice from a box mix. We will eat at 5 ....

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

I have a NY Strip steak out do do on my grill.  Think I'll do a sweet potato in the microwave .

I went to plan B as far as a sweet potato was concerned. I had some of the quinoa "Greek" salad left from yesterday and some green beans that needed to be used up. But they went great with the steak. Yumm. sending a picture.

Last edited by Cookin Lore on Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

So happy the rains stopped!

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_13_10

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight"

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_13_11

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight"

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_13_11

On edit. This was a NY Strip steak done on my grill, a little overdone, but overdone steak is better than no steak, right? Fresh green beans, and the last of a deli purchased quinoa salad made "Greek" according to the directions. It was very good, I think a great idea and I will do something similar. Maybe with a rice.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lyn called and asked if we wanted to go to Square1 for burgers tonight......

Oh, gee, do I want to go out instead of cooking??????

So, no cooking here tonight.

(it took me longer to type this than it did for me to say, 'YES', to Lyn! LOL)

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was all ready to make burgers when Dane got a call from neighbor Jim ~ we're going out to Bamboo Bistro with him tonight instead.

((sigh))

I guess we just have to be polite to our neighbors............

Hahahahahahahaha!

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Some delicious Lake trout from Lake Superior, caught by a neighbour here in the condo, veggies done on my indoor grill, pepper, onion, mushrooms and zucchini; couscous with parsley and mint."

August 2021 - what’s cooking in the dog days of summer - Page 3 08_15_13

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum