Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long?

+3
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got some bacon ready to go into the oven ~ BLT's on the menu for tonight.

I got a couple heirloom tomatoes at Fresh Market and I'm hoping they will taste like tomatoes even though they are strange colors.

I just finished making a very small bowl of macaroni salad to go with the sandwiches tonight.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Good start for the month of June....
?? Clueless for what to have here??

Something light.

Bugster2

Bugster2

They have just slapped a 6pm curfew on the whole county tonight. I haven't heard much about about violence or looting but the San Bernardino DMV was set on fire last night and there was some looting.

I have a can of Der Weinerschnitzel chili that i am going to try on hot dogs tonight. Some cheese, mustard, onion and it should be good.

Cookin Lore

I just can't comprehend what is going on in your cities. I am not a praying person, but I think I'm gonna start.

Picked up three rabbits today to make all the dinners I have promised to people. I'm going to be busy!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight we did have the BLT's & macaroni salad.....

The tomatoes I got at Fresh Market were just OK. I really miss my good Midwest tomatoes!

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? 06_01_11

Bugster2

Bugster2

The hot dogs were good. The chili wasn't too hot and Joe wolfed down 3. Made more cookies for dessert.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:I just can't comprehend what is going on in your cities.  I am not a praying person, but I think I'm gonna start.  

Picked up three rabbits today to make all the dinners I have promised to people.  I'm going to be busy!

What is funny is that I saw on the news that the protest have hit England. London, Manchester and Cardiff.

They have shop owners that had their stores damaged and looted in Santa Monica boarding up their stores. The owners have come together and are going to sit front and back of their stores. They are armed with guns.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was Ramen noodle soup tonight. Then, Tina breaded the cubed steak to have as a side to nibble on. I had a half a sandwich of bologna and mustard on pumpernickel bread.
Oh..... eggplant rollatini. from the butcher / deli shoppe.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Just a reminder, friends.....

If you enter our forum and see a post by a 'new member' who posts a link to another site to 'check out this recipe - I think you'll like it'......

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK

This usually happens in the middle of the night. When I get up I find I have notification of a 'new member' and I am then able to go in and delete the posts and the member.

But I just wanted to remind again that this is an 'invitation only' site. If you know of someone who would be a good fit with the rest of us, just let me know and I'll not delete them. If I don't know who they are, and especially if their posts include links to other sites, they will be deleted immediately.

Cookin Lore

Protests (although no riots/destruction) also in major cities in Canada.  In solidarity, but Canada is not blameless either.  My sister is married to a black man and has definitely also experienced racism.  So, so sad.

Last edited by Cookin Lore on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Bugster2

Bugster2

As long as there are people, there will be racism. It is something, that I believe, can never be eliminated,

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:As long as there are people, there will be racism. It is something, that I believe, can never be eliminated,

I said the same thing Deb, and have always said it.

Cookin Lore

Two rabbits are just about finished in the oven. Pot of red cabbage is done, and divided up in containers. Yukon gold potatoes are roasting in the oven. DIL's dad gets one dinner, 87 year old uncle another one. I will have one. I'm delivering, cause in this era of Covid19, I surely can't have them here for dinner. I would prefer that, but what can we do, right???

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:Two rabbits are just about finished in the oven.  Pot of red cabbage is done, and divided up in containers.  Yukon gold potatoes are roasting in the oven.  DIL's dad gets one dinner, 87 year old uncle another one.  I will have one.  I'm delivering, cause in this era of Covid19, I surely can't have them here for dinner.  I would prefer that, but what can we do, right???

And I'm sure the gentlemen would love to come and share the meal at your home, Lore, but (considering the ages....and vunerability for just being out and about) they will be more than happy to have a home-delivered meal to savor for a couple days. I'm sure everyone appreciates your effort.

Cookin Lore

Yes, the gentlemen have also known each other for many years.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Italian wedding soup is done ( thanks to Tina ).
I just had a cup as a test sample. Ummm! Good!
Beer brat and Italian sausage by Johnsonville to try for supper tonight.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday I put one of the frozen Provencal marinated steaks in the refrigerator to thaw for today. Cooked it over charcoal and it couldn't have been tastier! We both like it sliced thin across the grain so it's super tender. We split a baked sweet potato, I cut the corn off two cobs of fresh Florida sweet corn and made another batch of Grandma's Summer Salad.

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? 06_02_12

NormM

NormM

I have an outlet in the downstairs bathroom that has a breaker switch that has been shutting off and it also shuts down the only outlet in the garage where the old refrigerator is located. When I push the reset button it does not switch back on right away. i have to wait a few hours before the button will work. The refrigerator in the garage finally died completely and I think it was what was causing the shutdown. A new smaller refrigerator was installed today and I hope that will end that problem. We had 5 Guys hamburger tonight. [img:4a64]https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/18/54/56/75/20200610.jpgJune, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? 20200610

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

You sound like me, Norm......gotta have that extra refrigerator/freezer.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ribs on the grill tonight ~ red beets & sweet potatoes, too.

Too hot to cook in the house so outside it was.

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? 06_03_11

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina threw a lump of beef she found in the freezer, in a pot, and she simmered it all day in its juices. DD made strawberries with cake crumb topping. ( bitter ). Needed more sugar.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? Img_1915
Here it is.... Fork tender, and tasty. I couldn't believe it...

bethk

bethk
Admin

I knew Dane would be happy with salmon for his supper ~ but I'm not a fan. I don't even like the smell of it, and that's why I cook it on the gas grill on a grill mat. But then I was in a quandry of what to fix for myself. And that's when I remembered the stone crab claws I bought when we went to the fish market about an hour west of here in Homosassa, FL. I've never fixed it before so I did a couple 'youtube' videos to get some ideas.

It was a PITA to crack ~ the shells are either super thin or super thick. So, if you give it a good 'WHACK !!!' it shatters into a mess. And if you don't hit it hard enough it's hard to break apart.

But I will say, once I got it figured out ~ I cracked & broke it all apart and put it into my 'butter dipping dish' ~ and reheated it when I finally got done ~ it was really tasty. I've only had it served to us in a restaurant once and they served it cold. Didn't care for it.....I didn't think it had any flavor. They served it with a 'honey-mustard' dipping sauce and that is definality not a favorite of mine.

Steaming to heat:

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? 06_04_10

Crab supper:

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? 06_04_11

Salmon for HIM:

June, 2020 ~ What we're cooking all day long? 06_04_12

Cookin Lore

Yummy! Yummy! Yummy those crab claws. I love crab just with some butter!

I have two small pork chops waiting to go on my indoor grill. Yumm! Local asparagus to go with them.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe had a huge burger for lunch and says he isn't going to eat for 3 days. I had some leftover lasagna.

Katie went in for a mamogram at 4:30, promptly had an attack of narcolepsy and ended up in the hospital. She called to tell us what happened but doesn't know what hospital she is in. Her blood pressure was very high so they are running some tests. I hope they keep her over-night because she won't be able to drive and I can't drive at night. That means Joe may have to go pick her up and then the two of them go back tomorrow to get her car. It is probably still in the dr's office parking lot. I hope it doesn't get towed or broken into.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum