Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?"

+4
cookingirl
Bugster2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Love Love Love September. Nicer / cooler weather. Lots of harvest cooking to do.
Today will start with bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Maybe some home fries..... If I cook the home fries now, that will speed things up a bit!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm thinking of grating a potato with a bit of onion for a few potato pancakes just for me.....

Gotta check to see if I have sour cream that isn't 'fuzzy'.......(Ewwwwww! What can I say? It happens.)

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

It has been under 90 all week and in the 60's at night. We can sleep without sweating but this weekend it is going to shoot back up into the 100's.

Do you think Halloween will cancelled this year?

Got to go back to the store and buy something to eat since my freezer was cleaned out yesterday. I bought a stick-on child lock that will make sure I close the freezer door tightly. Hopefully, it will solve the problem.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ewwwww!!!!!..... ANTS....Ants are under my computer laptop sitting on the counter here in the kitchen. Oooooo! I'm itchy. Gotta check this out!.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I HATE ANTS!!!

We had a terrible ant problem in our old house. Haven't seen them in here but I have seen these jumbo red ants around the pool. I sprayed every crack and crevice with Ortho Home Defense.

It reminds me of an encounter I had with a lady in Williams-Sonoma. She was very elegant - extremely well dressed, hair and makeup perfect. She just dripped money. She said "I hate granite! You can't see ants on it". She didn't seem like the type who would have to deal with ants.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had some baby back ribs thawed out and just didn't want BBQ ribs. I opened the pantry and right in the front of the shelf was a can of Silver Floss Sauerkraut.......Decision Made!

Pork & Sauerkraut with spaetzle!

Jeanie and her sister stopped by to let us know her house sold after 9 days on the market ~ so they got invited to supper and everyone enjoyed the meal.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" 09_01_12

Bugster2

Bugster2

Carne asada with pico de gallo and guacamole for us. It gave me a stomach ache.

I just saw on the news where a pilot was approaching LAX for landing when he saw a person on a jet pack outside his window. Crazy nut. The pilot said "Only in LA".

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was steamed cauliflower, and leftover cabbage and noodles.
A dixie cup of Breyers chocolate ice cream for dessert.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Geeze Louise! In the last week I've had to delete 8 'new member' entries.

they all had very strange email addresses including 'info' in the address.

Trolls......somehow I think they're up to no good......

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had lunch of shredded zucchini and rice casserole.
It was a keeper, but a little watery even though the zucchini was squeezed out.
Tina did a good job. I ate two scoops of it; so it must be good for me to eat it that much. &&&&& there are no eggs in the recipe. Great.

bethk and cookingirl like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

My BIL bought one of those "Slick Deals" on the net. A Toro pressure washer. I didn't ask how much. They got it and it had no motor. You had to buy that separately but they didn't tell you that. They gave the frame to their gardener.

I am working on a batch of demi glace. I lost my batch in the freezer fiasco.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had lunch of shredded zucchini and rice casserole.
Tina did a good job. I ate two scoops of it; so it must be good for me to eat it that much. &&&&& there are no eggs in the recipe. Great.

I'm interested in how she made the casserole ~ sounds like something right up my alley!

cookingirl

cookingirl

Hey Jimmy!
hope all is well,,,

I, would also b e interested in Tina's recipe... especially if there are no eggs in it.. I can eat Zucchini and rice... but no eggs... although I do have an egg replacement in the house... yuck....

Was there any cheese in it? I cannot have cheese...sigh

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftovers tonight.

This morning I asked Dane to come up with an idea for supper. So it was HIS idea.

Actually, it wasn't bad ~ just the same old, same old. LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I will get the recipe and put it in writing. Tina cut the recipe in half.
There is grated parmesan on top and 1/2 cup in the mix.

I had more for supper along with a meatball and rigatoni.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Hey Jimmy!
 hope all is well,,,

I, would also b e interested in Tina's recipe... especially if there are no eggs in it.. I can eat Zucchini and rice... but no eggs... although I do have an egg replacement in the house... yuck....

Was there any cheese in it?  I cannot have cheese...sigh

Thanks....all is ok. I was discharged by the visiting nurse today.
Tomorrow, I go for a doppler on my legs.
Yes! there is cheese in it. Parmesan.

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
 hope all is well,,,

Wait a minute! Have you been sick Jimmy?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had lunch of shredded zucchini and rice casserole.

I'm interested in how she made the casserole ~ sounds like something right up my alley!
Here is the recipe Tina used. She cut the recipe in half

https://www.daringgourmet.com/zucchini-au-gratin-with.rice/

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
 hope all is well,,,

Wait a minute! Have you been sick Jimmy?

Yeah Debbie. I have cellulitis on my two lower limbs on the shines of each leg.

Bugster2

Bugster2

That's not good. Is it better now? My niece had cellulitis of her eye socket. She had to be hospitalized for more than a week with IV antibiotics and other things. They were afraid she would lose her eye. Take care Jimmy.

Supposed to be 114 this weekend. Hot, but not as hot as the Valley which is supposed to be 115. Fortunately, Temecula isn't as hot as the rest of the county.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:That's not good. Is it better now? My niece had cellulitis of her eye socket. She had to be hospitalized for more than a week with IV antibiotics and other things. They were afraid she would lose her eye. Take care Jimmy.

Supposed to be 114 this weekend. Hot, but not as hot as the Valley which is supposed to be 115. Fortunately, Temecula isn't as hot as the rest of the county.

OMG.... Stay cool, and run the A/C. It's not worth getting heat stroke! God forbid.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I did some cooking lately, D's father passed away 12 days ago (he was 92 and had lived his good life to the fullest), his funeral was yesterday. Whenever D went to spend times with his family, I cooked some easy meals so they would not be bothered with cooking. I cooked Lasagna, some pan-fried chicken, eggrolls and I baked more salami rolls and tuna rolls, they appreciated it very much. His brother and sister came from CA, another brother came from Seattle.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" 11858910
"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" 11861510
"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" 11869810
"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" 11876410

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda,
So sorry to hear that. You have our condolences. God rest his soul.
That was nice of you to make those great meals.

Imelda HL likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, I'm so sorry to hear of Dirk's father passing. Prayers for you two, Dirk's mother and the family.

and of course you were there to help provide some food to keep everyone going. You are such a good wife, daughter-in-law and sister-in-law.....always willing to help out. I know Dirk's mother always appreciates your help.

Imelda HL likes this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:I'm thinking of grating a potato with a bit of onion for a few potato pancakes just for me.....

Gotta check to see if I have sour cream that isn't 'fuzzy'.......(Ewwwwww! What can I say? It happens.)

My niece would say (if something is fuzzy) "Leftovers or science project?"

I was sitting in my favourite chair thinking about what to make for dinner tonight. Feeling I am in my "slump". So, I checked my fridge, found 6 red peppers and two suchinis that need to be dealt with........... so grilled vegetables came to mind. I had two big onions, but no mushrooms, so I went to the grocery store, and some very nice lambchops were calling my name. So, it's going to be grilled vegetables, lamb chops and some sort of rice mixture. I will take some of the vegetables to my brother-in-law, but don't know if my sister can still handle them.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum