Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner?

+3
bethk
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 19]

176"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:41 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:Whole Grain spaghetti    "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 411572088 "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 2876911673 had it once,threw the box away..

yes greenb/peas and corn and root veggies have high carbs.no banana for me or citris except lemon/lime juice..slack on apples and lots of fruit. most berries are the lowest.

no grains that much for me. oatmeal, thats it.

wwflour is out for me..I bought almond and coconut flour very $$ and did not like the way it worked up..most type 2 like it though.I ended up throwing it out..

I would rather do without then try to make something  'just like;' and it isn't..

Tina picked up a cabbage today to do the same thing, only with bow tie pasta for me, and elbow macaroni for her likes.  NO pasta lol.. BTW I eat cabbage ALL the time brings down my ### really fast.. Fried or slaw.With or without pork..

[size=18][/Barb....I must have weird taste! I love that cardboard taste!
Tina said I can have the cabbage fried with whole grain pasta.[ size]

Jimmy, I do like the whole what pasta from Barilla or Ronzoni. It has a good flavor..

177"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:42 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Niagara Visitor wrote:This weekend is our Thanksgiving weekend.  Family coming over tomorrow for chicken wings for some, turkey breast for others.  Sprouts and squash casserole, salad, oven baked potatoes.  Ice cream for dessert.  No pumpkin pie in this house!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!! cheers

178"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

IDR lol.. I had it in my freezer.Still great..I went in a fish market ,that is now closed..I LOVE LOVE grouper.I am going to look when I go to Harris Teeter tomorrow.

I used Paul P blacken Fish rub..Forgot how good his stuff is..RIP... Crying or Very sad

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 916rfdWunL._SY450_

179"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:58 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, I just realized something....It sounds as if we are ganging up on you about the diabetes..

We are, in fact, not ganging up on you. We care about you! We want you to be healthy!! Some people have a bit more experience or a bit more knowledge than you do---at this point in time..please take all of this experience/knowledge under consideration...We love you! We want you to be here for a long time!!

From what I can tell, the diagnosis of diabetes is a life changing thing. It challenges the way you look at food. It challenges how you adapt to a new life style of eating..

it is not good, but Jimmy, you can do it!!

We are all trying to help you...

As Beth has said: Your insurance allows for nutritionist counseling...Go see a nutritious!! Make your Doctor order it!! Some do go overboard, but see what they have to say...
Do your homework...read up on it...
I know you can do it...

As Beth and Barbara have stated, it changes your life...

and you have to keep checking your blood sugar to make sure it is not too high or too low.....spikes are not good for you..
You will then be able to know which foods and how much of them you can eat without a spike....

feeling tired, exhausted, muscle cramps can all be attributed to a spike in blood sugar---or not...

Please try.. I know you are, but you need a little bit more information to help...

affraid

ok--I am off my soapbox   "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 911454047     "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 1297124391

180"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 3593629538 what Beth said..That is not right that you do not test right or know how to put in a strip.Don't you test Gab?

I know your insurance pays for nutritionist too.

The problem, is the Dr I go to, is my cardiologist. He is waiting for my 6 week blood work to make a determination. I'm sure he will give me a script If I ask him.
Medicare should pay something toward the machine?

Oh! and i poked the side of the finger ...not the vein!!! I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote vein. Probably thinking of the arm, where the tech takes blood in the vials to send to the lab.

181"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 12074771_10200804417830708_6690328832705929654_n

Blacken grouper OMG good..
Blackened grouper, it doesn't get much better.  That's the only fish I ate when I was on my catamaran adventure in the Bahamas last March.  Captain John kept on spearing it, and that was fine with me.  Grouper and the Carribbean Lobster or crayfish.  Yummy to both!

182"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I ended up buying a Kitchenaid over the range microwave. I spent hours going over reviews. What clinched the deal was that Lowe's was having a Columbus day sale so I got it for $200 less than what everybody else was selling it for. With free delivery. My DH will install it. He refuses to pay someone else to do it.

183"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:26 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Medicare should pay something toward the machine?

They are free. I have never paid for one.Go to another doc.. Gp is fine..

6 weeks affraid Oh hell no..Mine are on the spot and any that are not onsite ,only take 24hrs or so.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Barbara101 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

184"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Niagara Visitor

I have a Panasonic microwave over my stove, and am looking to have it removed.  I hate having it there.  Whenever I am cooking, the micro is dripping with moisture and I don't like the fact that it is lower to the stove top than I am used to.  I will get a plain exhaust fan, and stick a microwave into my pantry.

185"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Kitchenaid

Is made by whirlpool.

186"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, I just realized something....It sounds as if we are ganging up on you about the diabetes..

We are, in fact, not ganging up on you. We care about you! We want you to be healthy!! Some people have a bit more experience or a bit more knowledge than you do---at this point in time..please take all of this experience/knowledge under consideration...We love you! We want you to be here for a long time!!

From what I can tell, the diagnosis of diabetes is a life changing thing. It challenges the way you look at food. It challenges how you adapt to a new life style of eating..

it is not good, but Jimmy, you can do it!!

We are all trying to help you...

As Beth has said: Your insurance allows for nutritionist counseling...Go see a nutritious!! Make your Doctor order it!! Some do go overboard, but see what they have to say...
Do your homework...read up on it...
I know you can do it...

As Beth and Barbara have stated, it changes your life...

and you have to keep checking your blood sugar to make sure it is not too high or too low.....spikes are not good for you..
You will then be able to know which foods and how much of them you can eat without a spike....

feeling tired, exhausted, muscle cramps can all be attributed to a spike in blood sugar---or not...

Please try.. I know you are, but you need a little bit more information to help...

affraid

ok--I am off my soapbox   "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 911454047     "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 1297124391

I appreciate all the help and concern from everyone. This is all new to me, and hopefully, I will get under control.

Tina was in a rush this morning to beat the traffic where she was going, and she didn't see the test end was in the gun the wrong way. The code was no blood no blood sample..... She takes Gabes, and no problem, LOL LOL.... So then I followed the instructions, and it worked perfectly. I was the one who set the unit up and showed Tina how to test her and Gabe and everybody who was around that day. hahaja

187"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Niagara Visitor wrote:I have a Panasonic microwave over my stove, and am looking to have it removed.  I hate having it there.  Whenever I am cooking, the micro is dripping with moisture and I don't like the fact that it is lower to the stove top than I am used to.  I will get a plain exhaust fan, and stick a microwave into my pantry.

Me too.Landlord wanted to put one over my stove..OH No.. grease catcher.

188"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

http://www.onetouch.com/onetouch-ultra2

Jimmy, I have 4 of these. Free. Never paid for one.

http://www.onetouch.com/onetouch-delica-lancing-device

Best thing ever. absolutely do not feel it.pain free......

189"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

After doing hours of research I came to the conclusion that the over the range microwaves are all crap. Nothing is good anymore. We thought about a hood but don't have any room on the counter or cupboards for a microwave. I could have cleared a shelf but then where is that stuff going to go? I already have 3 sheds outside that are full and I use all of it at one time or another. I could go the minimalist kitchen route, but then I couldn't cook.
Yes, I know KA is made by Whirlpool and I am hoping I will get a few years out of it before it bites the dust.

It is currently 104 degrees and I am not cooking anything tonight. Everyone is on their own.

190"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Niagara Visitor

I am on the search for a new washer/dryer also.  Bought a set of top of the line Sears Kenmore a year and a half ago.  Stacking units.  I hate them also.  So, in order to get some side by side fitted into my laundry closet in the condo, I have to go to the smaller Bosch/Miele/Electrolux units.  They are now all condensing dryers, not vented.  So, while looking at the washers, I spoke with a salesperson about the micro.  In the condo, the exhaust for the microwave is not vented, so all it's doing is circulating the air, not removing any of the steam.  That's why the micro drips water when I am cooking.  I think the solution is stop cooking, right???

191"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 pm

NormM

NormM

I saw that Paul Prudhomme just passed away.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

192"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

He was quite a cheerleader for New Orleans....although he was single handlely able to cause the over-fishing of redfish in the gulf....all because he came up with that blackened redfish dish. He's so thin in the last pics of him but he was a gi-normous size for years. I can remember when he had a TV cooking show and he was in a wheelchair to cook because he could no longer stand. What a horrible time that must have been for him.

193"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have his cookbook signed by him.. Opps should have said autographed.

194"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 pm

NormM

NormM

Rich Davis also died. He was creator of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

195"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:24 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Bad day for Icons

196"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:33 pm

Niagara Visitor

Oh, I am so saddened to read that Paul Prudhomme died.  My favourite seafood dish when I want to impress people is one of shrimp stuffed with crab from his book "Seasoned America."  I have made it several times and everyone loves it.  It is a wonderfully presented dish.

197"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My sister had quite a scare. Her son who is in college had a seizure and stopped breathing. His roommate performed CPR and got him breathing again. He was taken to the hospital, had every test known to man. No brain tumors or anything. The doctors think it was a combination of extreme dehydration, no sleep and Adderal for his ADD. They said it was the perfect combination. His EEG still showed some seizure activity and a protein breakdown so he had to have his kidneys flushed and will have to take anti-seizure medicine for a year. He also can't drive for a month. It never ends with her boys. There is always something that happens to them. She is worn out.

198"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That is quite a scare for any parent. (Not to mention the son....)

I hope he recovers without any complications. Many times, considering the combo of factors, the seizures will be a one-time event. Sure is scary, though.

199"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:31 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It IS a total nightmare..... we know.
Our daughter had gran Mal seizures all of a sudden when she was in 11th grade.
There was a brain virus caused by infected sinus cavity. They gave her dilantin in the hospital, and shot her up with Adavan to simmer her down. Little did they know, she was severely allergic to dilantin. We nearly lost her twice.

We had her to 4 different hospitals. The last place we sent her, and lived there every other week end, was in New Hampshire at a place called Lakeview .... A center for severe brain injuries, and the like. They found out she was allergic to dilantin and weened her off of it, and then introduced her to tegretol and she was cleared to come home after 4 months.

That took one big toll out of our lives, but we never let our daughter alone while she was in the local hospitals.

200"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:03 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

What a nightmare Jimmy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum