Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 19]

101 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Bugster2

Vacuum cleaners are cat eaters in our house. When we start to pull the vacuum out of the closet the cats scatter to parts unknown.

It was around 2:30am and I can't remember if I was half asleep or fully asleep, but suddenly there was this loud boom with all kinds of clattering. I was sure one of the cats had tried to climb up onto something. I went into the kitchen and looked around, and then I saw it. The bar refrigerator door was wide open with all of these cans spewed out on the floor. Apparently one of the cans of soda froze and exploded. What a mess. There were chunks of frozen soft drink all over the floor and fridge. Fortunately, it was a diet coke and the mess wasn't sticky. After the clean-up I couldn't go back to sleep. When I finally dozed off around 5am I was rudely awakened by one of Roomie's cats when she decided that she wanted to bed down on my face. I gave up on the sleep.

102 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Barbara101

there is chicken in there too. lol

103 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:08 pm

bethk

Admin
Roasted supper tonight.....chicken breast, potato and carrots/parsnips/onions

I think my oven might have a mind of it's own. The last 5 minutes (when I took the chicken out to rest before cutting it) everything was just lightly brown, including the potatoes. In 5 minutes it went to black....not terrible tasting, just not very pretty. Strange, though. Maybe I need to get a thermometer to set on the rack when I'm using it.

104 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I wanted steak, and now I don't. Good that I didn't thaw it out.
I want rice something....but too many carbs.
Maybe an egg omelet, or scrambled egg & cheese. Sigh! .....

If I can find it....we have that low carb gluten free spaghetti someplace. That I would like!

105 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Roasted supper tonight.....chicken breast, potato and carrots/parsnips/onions

I think my oven might have a mind of it's own.  The last 5 minutes (when I took the chicken out to rest before cutting it) everything was just lightly brown, including the potatoes.  In 5 minutes it went to black....not terrible tasting, just not very pretty.  Strange, though.  Maybe I need to get a thermometer to set on the rack when I'm using it.

Looks good Beth! .... Looks like the chicken started to get crispy edges though!

106 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:07 pm

bethk

Admin
The chicken was pretty dry....you might even have eaten it. It just wasn't my night for cooking, I guess.

107 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The chicken was pretty dry....you might even have eaten it.  It just wasn't my night for cooking, I guess.

I'll eat it if it's dry! I like chicken dry and blackened.

108 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Niagara Visitor

Friend and her 13 year old daughter were supposed to be coming for supper and a swim tonight.  I had Hungarian Goulash and noodles ready.  And a salad.  Then daughter wasn't coming, so on the spur of the moment I went to my neighbour next door, a single nurse, we've talked in the hallways a few times.  I had seen her come home from work about an hour earlier, knocked on her door and asked her for dinner.  She loved it, we had a lovely dinner, great conversation between the two younger ones, and we had some fabulous mango ice cream with raspberries and blueberries for dessert.  And, of course, some great Niagara wine!

109 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:43 pm

NormM

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
NormM wrote:I have a leather love seat and sofa. 4 of the 5 seats recline.  One of the cats always sleep on the top of it when I am watching TV. One day the other cat attacked it while it was sleeping.  She jumped off as quick as she could, leaving a couple of scars from her back feet.  Nebraska Furniture Mart has a marker that will cover the scratches but I haven't got it yet.  That is the only animal damage done to them so far.

Yeah! .... when a cat takes off in a flash, they dig those back claws into anything that's there. My leg was a catapult start line when Tina started the vacuum cleaner one day. With all the fat on my lap / legs, I could not believe how deep those hind claws dug into me, and caused such bleeding. Scared me more than it did the cat.

I have a few reminders of the cat leaving some place on my person in a hurry too. She usually looks back at me with an expression that seems to say "sorry"

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

110 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:11 am

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
NormM wrote:I have a leather love seat and sofa. 4 of the 5 seats recline.  One of the cats always sleep on the top of it when I am watching TV. One day the other cat attacked it while it was sleeping.  She jumped off as quick as she could, leaving a couple of scars from her back feet.  Nebraska Furniture Mart has a marker that will cover the scratches but I haven't got it yet.  That is the only animal damage done to them so far.

Yeah! .... when a cat takes off in a flash, they dig those back claws into anything that's there. My leg was a catapult start line when Tina started the vacuum cleaner one day. With all the fat on my lap / legs, I could not believe how deep those hind claws dug into me, and caused such bleeding. Scared me more than it did the cat.

I have a few reminders of the cat leaving some place on my person in a hurry too.  She usually looks back at me with an expression that seems to say "sorry"
Yet Mine won't move for chit when you want them to. Like waiting for them to go outside on the porch, and holding the door open forever.

111 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Bugster2

I just saw this and it made me laugh. I am posting it here so everyone can see it. Scroll down to the video.

http://food52.com/blog/14184-how-to-peel-an-apple-in-3-seconds?utm_source=tastingtable.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange_module

112 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:37 pm

bethk

Admin
Bugster2 wrote:I just saw this and it made me laugh. I am posting it here so everyone can see it. Scroll down to the video.

http://food52.com/blog/14184-how-to-peel-an-apple-in-3-seconds?utm_source=tastingtable.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange_module

I've seen that on another you tube.....somehow I don't think I'm coordinated enough to do that.....but it looks like fun with food!

113 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Barbara101

No buns for me.. It is not the end of the world.

114 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I just saw this and it made me laugh. I am posting it here so everyone can see it. Scroll down to the video.

That is funny. I was peeling apples for Tina the other day so she could make apple pies. I have that crank that gets gripped to the table, and it cores, cuts, and peels the apple. I love it. It works great.

115 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:48 pm

bethk

Admin
Good looking supper, Barb. Sort of a smorgosbord!

Panko fried cod, spinach, green beans & potato crowns.....

116 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Good looking supper, Barb.  Sort of a smorgosbord!

Panko fried cod, spinach, green beans & potato crowns.....

Cod is my favorite. I like the way the panko crumbs are not too thick. Just enough to give that crunch to the fish! .... Ummm!

117 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a 1/2 of a stuffed pepper. Mexican corn. Still hungry. Maybe some eggs later.
That's all I had to eat since 3 crackers to take my pills in the morning.

118 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I had a 1/2 of a stuffed pepper. Mexican corn. Still hungry. Maybe some eggs later.

Jimmy if you plan for some low carb meals and have it in the house, you will be prepared . You also will not be hungry.

Make a menu and have Tina buy what you can and should be eating. I know you can cook.lol. I would not have eaten 1/2 pepper, I would have made it without rice and had 2.. pig

Breakfast ,if I am lazy ,I have yogurt and fruit. If I am not lazy I make bacon,eggs, or crust free fritta or quiche.Veggie omelet with cheese and or veggies. I had one this morning,omelet with  mex cheese and leftover taco meat and a bit of salsa and avocado.

I am not preaching but just trying to help you to eat right..

119 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I had a 1/2 of a stuffed pepper. Mexican corn. Still hungry. Maybe some eggs later.

Jimmy if you plan for some low carb meals and have it in the house, you will be prepared . You also will not be hungry.

Make a menu and have Tina buy what you can and should be eating. I know you can cook.lol. I would not have eaten 1/2 pepper, I would have made it without rice and had 2.. pig

Breakfast ,if I am lazy ,I have yogurt and fruit. If I am not lazy I make bacon,eggs, or crust free fritta or quiche.Veggie omelet with cheese and or veggies. I had one this morning,omelet with  mex cheese and leftover taco meat and a bit of salsa and avocado.

I am not preaching but just trying to help you to eat right..

Thanks for the help Barb. See...you taught me a good thing about no rice in the pepper, and I could eat two! .... The ones Tina made were the Stouffers frozen ones. Way too much rice. No
Was it not the sour dough bread that you had mentioned has less carbs, or slow carb absorption??.... I do like whole grain breads.

120 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth.... Tina went with her uncle to PA to see his sister (95 y/o )
She went on the side of the house, and miraculously, there were vines of tomatoes growing, all criss crossed that no one really planted. They were there from previous years. The seeds that is.
And guess what? ..... they were all green as green could be! I am going to make a canned salad with some of them. I know you bread and fry them....right?
There are like 13 or 16 medium ones.

121 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:01 pm

NormM

We had chili tonight.

122 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

WOW.... A Lot of Condiments there Norm.
Are there radishes that I believe I see there?

123 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Barbara101

124 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:34 pm

NormM

Yes. Radish, avocado, jalapeños, green onions, cilantro, sour cream, red pepper flakes, tomatoes and cheese.

125 Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Barbara101

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum