Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

251What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 am

Niagara Visitor

There was a lot of "meat" left after Danny filleted the large fish, heads looked really fearsome, but Oh, those "cheeks" on them. I added two cans of baby clams and some scallops also. Large onion and chuncks of celery too.

252What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:I live scallops very simple:
Pan sautéed for a couple min.
quick pan sauce with butter, lemon, white wine and parsley....

I also love a veggie rice pilaf with it.
I quickly sauté shallots, celery, carrots (all diced small) in butter;
add to the raw rice and let it cook away!
I cook the rice in chicken stock instead of water

along with a small salad, this makes one of my favorite meals!!!

hahahahah.... I guess you people near Boston like simple
things, but Gee ...How you made your tea is beyond me...
For goodness sake... "Throwing it in the Haa...Baa..!"  Talk about a flow through tea bag! LOL LOL

No...all kidding aside. That is exactly how I do my scallops, only I omit the paaasly, and just sprinkle with red paprika a tad bit!

253What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

tonight, by special request:

Chicken wings, buttered noodles and corn (off) the cob.

actually, the request was for just noodles and corn, but I insisted they pick a protein. Grumpy old Grandma. Dumb rules.

LOL

254What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The chowder is cooking slowly and the house smels awesome.
I used the scallops, and muscles instead of clams...
Instead of making a rue and etc., I am going to use some cream of mushroom soup the cream it.

I will pull out the cooked muscles / shells, and tweak them out of their shells, so I could just dig in and chow down.
Withe a loaf of Italian seeded and braided bread ...and butter, It's going to be grrreat, as Tony The Tiger Would Roar!" ....

The last thing would be to garnish it all, with the chopped green onions I have in a dish all ready!

255What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy ~ wipe off your chin. Yer drooling' !!!!

LOL

Boy, that sounds DELISH.

256What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy ~ wipe off your chin.  Yer drooling'  !!!!

LOL

Boy, that sounds DELISH.

Beth.... I will swear, and I don't, usually,
But... I just removed the muscles and shells are in the garbage...and I tasted it with just a teaspoon. I will say, ( not boasting ) but It came out deliciously good.

The muscles were the ones in the flat frozen box sealed in heavy plastic with garlic and butter sauce. The Campbells cream of mushroom was perfect , and not too creamy. I added a can of College Inn Vegitable broth for the liquid.

Tina is tasting it now, even though she won't eat scallops or muscles.
She said it was delish, even though she ate only the broth and the potatoes.

I will post the recipe later

257What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie wants to finish the pizza stuff tonight.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

258What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And to think, Jimmy, the inspiration just popped into your head this afternoon after Lore gave a description of HER seafood chowder….that's why I love this place!

Norm ~ sounds like an easy way to go tonight.

259What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Skirtsteak3

skirt steak..

260What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That skirt steak looks perfectly cooked ~ just long enough to stop the "Moo-ing"! Strips of steak on a tiny bit of fresh bakery roll (to soak up the juices) would be a perfect meal for me.

We're going to go out to some restaurant the children picked. Dad left $$ ~ he figures if they are on vacation the children should be able to go and do what they like, too. Pretty cool.

261What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That skirt steak looks perfectly cooked ~ just long enough to stop the "Moo-ing"!  Strips of steak on a tiny bit of fresh bakery roll (to soak up the juices) would be a perfect meal for me.

We're going to go out to some restaurant the children picked.  Dad left $$ ~ he figures if they are on vacation the children should be able to go and do what they like, too.  Pretty cool.

Pretty darn good parents there Beth!
It's like us. We always took care of the kids too!
If we ate steak....they got steal too!

God Bless.... Enjoy, and have a great time.

262What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a hunk of bread and some pieces of pepperoni and cheese for lunch. Tina bought meatball mix at the ShopRite. They are all meat and 85% lean. They are like lead balls. I ate one, and could hardly swallow it after chewing.
The meat is too lean. What the heck is the matter with them?
I guess some people think they are good. Too Dry!

I have No Clue for MY OWN Supper. The Tina and her uncle are having a egg omelet with ham.

There is liverwurst in the fridge. Maybe a nice sandwich on rye bread.

263What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had no supper. Just a piece of blueberry pie.
Lousy crust... King Arthur pie mix in a box... garbage flour tasting thin bland crust.

I like my own crust... basic lard crust.. blueberries were great though.

264What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well, I have an addendum to add to the just having blueberry pie for supper.
DD was down the shore today at Seaside Park, NJ...and she brought home 4 huge slices of pizza.

Run of the mill; nothing special pizza from the boardwalk, but I had two slices, and it filled me up fine.

265What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:36 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Poor Jimmy. No good eats. Sad I could not eat that late. In fact I do not eat past 7.30 or 8. And when I take my meds before bed ,,with water of course , I have to get up 3 times. Evil or Very Mad 

I have a bunch of odds & ends in the fridge, I am making a anti pasta salad.

266What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:37 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Poor Jimmy. No good eats. Sad I could not eat that late. In fact I do not eat past 7.30 or 8.  And when I take my meds before bed ,,with water of course , I have to get up 3 times. Evil or Very Mad 

I have a bunch of odds & ends in the fridge, I am making a  anti pasta salad.

I can't eat that late anymore either... If I do, I have to be up for at least 5 hours till it digest's. Last night I went to bed at 230 am. pale 

267What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:49 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina went on the Bus Trip with the church, to the Sands in Bethlehem, PA to hopefully win some money. hahahahaha,....
SOOooo! I am going to make someBeef Stew. I will brown the beef cubes, and finish in the slow cooker.

268What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

How in the world do you stay up that late? My poor body clock STILL insists on getting up and out of bed by no later than 6:00 AM. And the only 2:30 these eyes see is the one that comes after lunch!

Tonight was Josh's pick for supper. He chose steak & baked potatoes on the grill ~ I picked a nice piece of sirloin and it came out a perfect medium rare. Thank goodness they both like it cooked that way. We also had steamed broccoli.

I taught Tori the way her Mom ate a baked potato when she was little. Smush the potato out of the skin & mash on your plate with s&p, then butter & s&p on the skin to eat FIRST. Yum. It's still a favorite.

269What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Antipastosalad

antipasto salad.I will most likely be looking for something eat ,in a hour..

270What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:How in the world do you stay up that late?  My poor body clock STILL insists on getting up and out of bed by no later than 6:00 AM.  And the only 2:30 these eyes see is the one that comes after lunch!

Tonight was Josh's pick for supper.  He chose steak & baked potatoes on the grill ~ I picked a nice piece of sirloin and it came out a perfect medium rare.  Thank goodness they both like it cooked that way.  We also had steamed broccoli.  

I taught Tori the way her Mom ate a baked potato when she was little.  Smush the potato out of the skin & mash on your plate with s&p, then butter & s&p on the skin to eat FIRST.  Yum.  It's still a favorite.

Sounds familiar waking up! Not Me! Tina!!!..... She is up 630 / 7 and is on the computer and reading the paper on line.
There I am, still waking up at 9 / 930. But... I actually go to bed at 2:30 / 3:00 AM. so I get 7 or so hours of sleep. The only thing is, I don't find myself in the recliner asleep taking a nap at 3:30 / 4:00 pm like somebody else I know that lives here. hahahaha
Now...as far as Uncle Gabe...( That's a different story ). He's in bed 1030...up at 9 and sitting at the table for breakfast, and then all the rest of the day, it's sleep and tv and sleep and tv.

~~~... Everyone throws their potato skins out...and I scoop them up, and butter them, and eat them frist too! Loads of butter and salt though!

271What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Antipastosalad

antipasto salad.I will most likely be looking for something eat ,in a hour..

That's like me. I ate stew and like 3 slices of bread with butter. I'm just relaxing (producing fat! hahaha) and thinking of something else to eat later.
My thoughts are, I have braunshwager in the plastic tube. Seeded Rye in the freezer. And fresh Garlic pickles I made the other day. Ummmmm!!! Burp*

272What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:36 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The beef stew was good. Everyone sopped it up with the juices.
Usually I thicken the juices to make a light gravy, but Gabe doesn't like Gravy.

Tina was so mad that the beef was not chuck, as marked. She grabbed two packages, and I used only one. She didn't have her glasses, and didn't see the beef in the boat.

She said, these new kids in the meat room, have no clue what cuts of meat are.
They would flip out, if they had to prep a whole side of hanged beef on the hook; which is not done in the supermarkets any more. All the parts are cryovacd and com in for the butchers to just trim and put it out in the case.
She may even take the other package back, and show the meat room manager so these kids put the right labels on the meats. Actually I made the stew with chunks of top round. Thank God I let it simmer mostly for 6 hours in the crock pot. It was still dry, but at least lean.

Finished the boo berry pie for dessert.

Tonight... I had a bedtime snack. A ham and cheese on Rye....and a nice kosher garlic pickle that I made a couple day's ago. It's 1:30 am now; so I will have to wait till 3 or 4 before I can get to sleep.
I have to wait for this snack to digest a little, or I will be up all night. LOL

273What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:13 am

NormM

NormM

I have seen steaks mis-labeled at the Walmart in the town I used to live and the one time I got some real thin sliced beef at the Walmart here, it was so tough and stringy that I suspect it was a very low grade of meat or also mis-labeled.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

274What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bedtime snack. A ham and cheese on Rye....and a nice kosher garlic pickle ...

I would have had the cheese & skipped the rest. At maybe 9pm..

275What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 11 IMG_1545

chicken breast under there lol.Even tho I am IN today 108` I still wanted cool food.110` Sunday..I am staying in for sure.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum