Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

51What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks good Jimmy. I had them yesterday.

52What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Looks good Jimmy. I had them yesterday.

yeah! I know Barb.... I wanted them yesterday too, but with ribs first, it was too much.

Uncle gabe being diabetic...Tina has to watch his carbs etc.

He loves those sweet potato tater tots. We don't give him white potatoes except a small fries from McDonalds. Every once in a while.

I have no appetite due to this dang throat hurting. I rested today, and it feels a little better. I spray with that chloraseptic throat spray every 1/2 hour.

53What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:28 pm

NormM

NormM

Everytime I ask the kids for suggestions for dinner, they can't come up with anything so yesterday I said would you rather have chili, meatloaf or lasagne and they chose lasagne. Cassie made a spinach salad with raisins and walnuts and some tender crisp carrots.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 DSCN1534_zpsb46dc5f5

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

54What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Everytime I ask the kids for suggestions for dinner, they can't come up with anything so yesterday I said would you rather have chili, meatloaf or lasagne and they chose lasagne. Cassie made a spinach salad with raisins and walnuts and some tender crisp carrots.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 DSCN1534_zpsb46dc5f5

That is some big lasagna alright! .... Lotta stuff inside...wow!

55What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:54 am

Niagara Visitor

Looks great! Years ago, when I was in one of my "I'm tired of making decisions as to what to make for dinner" I came up with this plan. I checked my freezer, pantry, fridge for available stuff to make specific meals. Wrote down things like lasagne, meatloaf, roast beef, fish, etc., each of about 10 on a piece of paper. Folded them, put them into a bowl, and in the morning or the evening after dinner, I had hubby pick one. That's what became the next dinner.

I even had a "go out for dinner" in there! It worked great.

56What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 am

NormM

NormM

Sounds like a great system Niagara.

57What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:31 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

That is the first question brought up at waking time in the AM.
Today it didn't happen; because I am sick (cold) and Tina left for church already whilst I was just getting up.

That Idea Lore, is a great one.

What we will do, if we are undecided, is one of us will volunteer to do a "Survey" in the freezers and cupboards. hahahaha

We did talk about eggplant Parm ....but that may fizzle out when Tina gets back.

OOOops!!... I see Italian sausage on the counter thawing.... Looks like Tina already has a plan?

58What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:36 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

shucks.No Ita. sausage.. What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2787578702 I wanted to make Minestrone today.I am not going out for it either. Would not be the same without it.

59What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:47 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:shucks.No Ita. sausage.. What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2787578702 I wanted to make Minestrone today.I am not going out for it either. Would not be the same without it.

Barb...I wouldnt run out to the store either, but if I had a couple pork chops...I would grind them, and add black pepper / salt / little garlic powder / and fennel seeds....and make sausage meatballs myself.

60What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:55 pm

NormM

NormM

Neither Charlie nor Cassie like Eckridge Italian Sausage. I'd like to find one that they do like because it is hard to make lasagne without it. Maybe it is the fennel seeds they don't like. Cassie says she does not like pork but she likes ham and bacon. And carnitas and bratwurst. When they move out I can start making meatballs, meatloaf, lasagna with sausage again... and chili and taco with chorizo. And stuffing with celery.

61What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh I buy whatever is on sale lol. When I go to Costco I buy theirs.I see no difference .Then again I am not a real Italian  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2876911673 What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2876911673 I bought some in a roll Jimmy Dean or the like. It was a greasy mess.Will not do that again.

62What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:27 pm

NormM

NormM

Jimmy Dean regular sausage was so full of fillers a couple times it fried down to nothing. That has not happened lately though.

63What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:28 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Johnsonville has a decent Italian sausage. Nothing like the kind I buy from a local deli-restaurant but it is ok in a lasagna.
Tonight it will be grilled cheese, if that. My DH and roomie went to the beach and prolly won't be back till after 5PM. Roomie will go straight to bed so all I will have to cook for is my DH.

I just got a call from my BIL. He wanted to know if an all-wheel-drive car is safer than a rear wheel drive car. He is getting his 23 year old daughter a new car. An Infinity Q50. At 23 I was grateful to have a beat-up VW.

64What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Neither Charlie nor Cassie like Eckridge Italian Sausage. I'd like to find one that they do like because it is hard to make lasagne without it. Maybe it is the fennel seeds they don't like.  Cassie says she does not like pork but she  likes ham and bacon.  And carnitas and bratwurst.  When they move out I can start making meatballs, meatloaf, lasagna with sausage again... and chili and taco with chorizo. And stuffing with celery.

My son doesn't like the fennel seeds, but he likes the flavor. I pulverize them in a seed grinder and add it to his sausage.
DD just began to like the fennel seeds, and I or Tina do not like sausage without it.
A lot of Italians use Star Anise in the sausage ground fine. I could do without it.
Also adding powdered bay leaf is one Brooklyn, NY recipe I came upon. Not bad, but have to be careful not too much.

When I make sausage, I do taste tests by frying small amounts and letting it cool first before tasting.

65What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Johnsonville has a decent Italian sausage. Nothing like the kind I buy from a local deli-restaurant but it is ok in a lasagna.
Tonight it will be grilled cheese, if that. My DH and roomie went to the beach and prolly won't be back till after 5PM. Roomie will go straight to bed so all I will have to cook for is my DH.

I just got a call from my BIL. He wanted to know if an all-wheel-drive car is safer than a rear wheel drive car. He is getting his 23 year old daughter a new car. An Infinity Q50. At 23 I was grateful to have a beat-up VW.

All wheel if in snow belt... definetely.

66What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Gosh  I buy whatever is on sale lol. When I go to Costco I buy theirs.I see no difference .Then again I am not a real Italian  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2876911673 What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2876911673 I bought some in a roll Jimmy Dean or the like. It was a greasy mess.Will not do that again.

Oh! You mean from the Jimmy Dean Used To Be Lean "Fat Factory"? hahahahaha

67What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:Gosh  I buy whatever is on sale lol. When I go to Costco I buy theirs.I see no difference .Then again I am not a real Italian  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2876911673 What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 2876911673 I bought some in a roll Jimmy Dean or the like. It was a greasy mess.Will not do that again.

Oh! You mean from the Jimmy Dean Used To Be Lean "Fat Factory"? hahahahaha

it was so bad the grease was red. affraid 

I did not have anything else so I drained & dried it good in paper towels & used it.It was like buying that roll of mystery meat in a  roll.It gets worse buying it in Wal Mart   What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 1838020472

68What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went to Dane's little sister's for the Fourth of July for a cookout, met a bunch of her friends who never knew she had a "big" brother. Funny.

Yesterday we had leftovers. Cleaned out the refrigerator of anything that was safe to eat.

Tonight I baked a chicken breast and made a chicken avocado salad with a basalmic vinegarette. Surprisingly, it was filling and neither of us could completely finish. Phew! I'm stuffed.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 070614

69What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:27 pm

NormM

NormM

It's the flavor or fennel that they don't like. They don't care for tarragon either.

I made taco tonight. I made some guacamole but asked Cassie to jazz it up because she makes it taste better than mine.

70What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Grilled-cornish-hen

Grilled Cornish hen.Half.

71What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Peachskilletcake2

72What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had egg plant parm..////....fried meatballs, and sausage and meatballs in a great tomato sauce. Entenmans doughnuts for dessert.

73What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Niagara Visitor

Sausages or burgers on the grill. We did both, leftover for tomorrow. I bought some potato salad and some quinoa salad at Costco because I was lazy. Potato salad is too liquidy for me, quinoa is o.k. But my home made is better. Both of them. Guess it's back to making it from scratch. Price is good, but not if you end up either throwing it out, or even giving it to the dog.

74What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Sausages or burgers on the grill.  We did both, leftover for tomorrow.  I bought some potato salad and some quinoa salad at Costco because I was lazy.  Potato salad is too liquidy for me, quinoa is o.k.  But my home made is better.  Both of them.  Guess it's back to making it from scratch.  Price is good, but not if you end up either throwing it out, or even giving it to the dog.

Tina very rarely buys macaroni or potato salads from the stores.
She did from this place in town called Piggy's Deli.
Just 1/2 qt. container of each. The potato salad was firm, and not watery.
The macaroni salad was not sweet, and was only lacking salt.
Macaroni is flat tasting if not boiled in salted water.

Other than that, it was ok. Both Tina and I had colds, and were not in the cooking mode. Or should I have said...Mood?

75What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 3 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 am

Niagara Visitor

That was a first time for me for getting either one of those from a store. And, it's the last also!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum