Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

301What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth... Here is an example recipe for a 7 to 8 pound chicken in a convection oven. You will have to scroll to the marmalade roasted chicken recipe.

Other sites say the chicken will brown evenly and to watch it doesn't brown too much.
It can never be brown enough for my liking.

http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/kitchenequipment/expertadvice/convectionoven/recipes/food/views/Roast-Chicken-and-Root-Vegetables-with-Mustard-Rosemary-Sauce-105685

302What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was leftover roast beef and I had a sandwich on a kaiser roll. Lots of mayo, and my pickles on the side.
Tina made a tomato and meatballs sauce. She said no flavor. She was right. I told her it was the garlic. She got this huge garlic, and I tried to tell her she may have better used onion. It's the small garlic cloves that have the flavor....... In one ear, and out the other...amen.

DD brought over a blueberry cake...

Tina bought peanut butter cookies market baked. That was dessert.

303What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Andrea and I made pizza on the grill last night. She had never done that before and didn't usually have pizza in the summer because of the ovens having to be on. She has a killer recipe for dough that was really nice to work with - didn't have any problem with it not relaxing enough to press out thin.

We smushed our dough on pieces of non stick foil and then cooked on the grill grates. When brown and cooked on one side, flipped just to dry the 2nd side. Then into the house for toppings. Back out to the grill to complete the browning on the bottom and melt the cheese. She even put her pizza stone on half the grill to test if there would be a difference in the crust (which there really wasn't).

Everyone liked their pizza. Everyone got their own, with the toppings they wanted. The crust was nice and crispy, much like a wood-fired oven made pizza tastes.

We had a simple arugula w/basalmic & evoo salad along side.

304What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had a dream I made steak Diane   What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 2876911673 So guess that was a hint for dinner.  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 3267860543

305What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

You never know where inspiration will strike so you have to be aware of everything!

Sounds good.

306What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Andrea and I made pizza on the grill last night.  She had never done that before and didn't usually have pizza in the summer because of the ovens having to be on.  She has a killer recipe for dough that was really nice to work with - didn't have any problem with it not relaxing enough to press out thin.

We smushed our dough on pieces of non stick foil and then  cooked on the grill grates.  When brown and cooked on one side, flipped just to dry the 2nd side.  Then into the house for toppings.  Back out to the grill to complete the browning on the bottom and melt the cheese.  She even put her pizza stone on half the grill to test if there would be a difference in the crust (which there really wasn't).

Everyone liked their pizza.  Everyone got their own, with the toppings they wanted.  The crust was nice and crispy, much like a wood-fired oven made pizza tastes.

We had a simple arugula w/basalmic & evoo salad along side.

That was a good test with on the stone off the stone pizza.

One thing though....Gotta keep checking that crust bottom; because it only takes 2 minutes to burn in between peeks.

I used to heat the grill, and the stone, and all the B/S sliding it on / off the stone....and all the drippage, or slippage. Found out, 500 degree or more grill, the pizza cooks the bottom crust just as crispy as on the stone...but quicker in some instances. Depending on what items are on the pizza. If the topping starts getting too brown...I just slap a oiled or non stick foil sheet loosley on top.

307What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 10432943_1490143647893073_8902176962422252241_n

308What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good looking steak, Diane…..er, I mean, steak diane, Barb!

We had burgers on the grill, some heated canned baked beans and a tossed salad.

Andrea and I wanted pickles with our burger but she can't find Packo Sweet Hots around here. But we DID find a national brand - Wickles Pickles. Pretty close. They actually were a bit firmer than the Packo pickles. I'd buy 'em again.

309What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina cooked Rouelads ( I don't know the spelling ) but they are a German recipe of thin steak with mustard lathered on (as Beth Says ) and onions and bacon raw.
Rolled up and tooth picked to hold them together, then browned in cooking oil. Water added, and braised for an hour. Then adds gravy slurry to thicken, and simmered slowly for another 3/4 hour. there is supposed to be a pickle spear rolled up, but we do not like the pickle.

She made baked rigatoni with ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Son Jimmy won't eat the steak like that.

And N O W .... Tina has two Pumpkin Pies Baking in the oven.
Taking advantage of the cool weather. Y A Y !

Happy Pre-Pre-Pre Thanksgiving Y'all! hahahahahaha......

310What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

more zucchini  cheers 

fried noodles with zucchini

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 67

311What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:more zucchini  cheers 

fried noodles with zucchini

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 67

Holy cow, you are on the zucchini kick today.

Looks good. Would you believe, I had no zucchini this summer.! pale 

312What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yummy looking zugetti….at least that's what I'm calling the zucchini spaghetti now days. What a clever way of cutting back on the noodles. And with the added chicken, you've made a full main dish meal. Good for you!

313What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's gonna be Shepherds Pie; made by Ms. Tina.

Son and DIL and her Mom are coming for supper.

Jim Jr. ( not a fan of shepherds pie ) and I will have Beth Burgers that I will do on the grill!

Dessert will be pumpkin pies that Tina made last night.

314What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 010-8

Another throwback..Swedish Meatballs.

315What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was too much for me. No breakfast , no lunch, but boy oh boy. Did I make up for it....

Two cheese burgers w onions.... ma big serving of shepherds pie....gosh it was good. Good job Tina. Them a huge pumpkin pie plus 3/4 of a piece that was left over.
Now...the lounging pants go on, and nothing tight around the waist.

Arrrrrrg! .....

316What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went out to Culver's for burgers after the soccer game last night. Tori is a soccer bulldog ~ and she made THREE goals just to show her grandma she knew how! It's a lot of fun watching her go zooming up and down the field….oh, but to have that much energy!

I'm heading back to Florida this noon. Quiet time ahead for the next week or so until Dane gets done working on the house in Ohio and drives back home.

317What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made Momofuku's Milk Bar Crack Pie today. Our roommate wanted to try it. It is sort of like a pecan pie without the pecans and it has an oatmeal cookie crust.

I guess I will make some soup for dinner tonight.

318What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper for me....will be B L T ...haaa it rhymes.

Supper for Gabe...a frozen chicken parm dinner done it the toaster oven.

Tina is in PA. She had to run in to see her 94 yo aunt. She was rushed to the hospital yesterday for a blood clot in her leg. They found it and removed it, but she is in pain now, and even with morphine.

Tina is at my cousins now....so I know she will eat well.

319What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went to the store when I got home after my flight. Supper ended up being some scrambled eggs and a piece of toast.

Well, that was AFTER the two vodka and orange juice.......lol

320What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Cherrytomatocrostini5_thumb3

I snacked..

321What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I went to the store when I got home after my flight.  Supper ended up being some scrambled eggs and a piece of toast.  

Well, that was AFTER the two vodka and orange juice.......lol

Boy! I'll bet after those two screwdrivers, you must have eaten those eggs with such good taste.

Now, you can do what you want, and relax. Flip on the TV and watch some Lucy and Desi movies / episodes.....
God Bless You!

322What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Cherrytomatocrostini5_thumb3

I snacked..

I am pretend snacking on that in my brain. Ummm!

323What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight, I had a BLT and Cheese, on a thin sliced Thomas' Bagel.
I could have eaten two, but I held off, and ate Three (3) Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts freshly made that Tina brought back from Pa. tonight. Yummy!

324What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:18 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

#1 I was to lazy to cook.#2 My fridge is all empty of fresh veggies & fruit & I cleaned out the leftover odds & ends.
I have put off food shopping all week.Today rain but I would rather have that then the heat & humidity.

It rained all day yesterday but I liked it. This morning I hear frogs out there lol more rain for the next 3 days. Suits me fine..

325What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 13 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oooops..... July is gone.

See y'all in august.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum