Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

226What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina and Gabe took a ride south to his House to get some of his clothes and stuff.
She got home around 6 and we all had something different.
Gabe had a fish dinner, and tina had a doughnut.

I made myself a ham and cheese with lettice and tomato, and cheese and onions, on a hoagie bun, drizzled with olive oil and vinegar. Black pepper salt, and dry oregano. Oh, it surely did hit the spot.Oil drippage and all! LOL

Absolutely no thoughts for what to have for supper tomorrow???

There are a couple Corned Beefs in the freezer. I could go for a corned beef with some diced boiled potatoes with green onions and butter... And green beans with browned in butter and oil bread crumbs. Ummmm Haven't had them in at least 25 years or so. Mom used to make the beans like that.

All that could change...so we shall see. ( I never get what I want anyway )

227What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:48 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara, sorry about the sale falling through.

On another note, I'm glad everyone got over the political stuff regarding immigrants.

228What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:00 am

Niagara Visitor

Thanks.  Regarding political stuff regarding immigration.............. our family is international and colourful, by marriage, by adoption. Two adopted bi-racial children, two Americans by marriage, a Trinidadian by marriage, lots of Canadians for friends, and all with a bunch of Germans whose family background is both German and Romanian. We're pretty close to a United Nation.  Great fun, and always interesting conversations and food.

Brother-in-law from Trinidad and his family have always been into policing.  His father was Chief of police for Trinidad and Tobago, Ken was a police officer, but really is a very talented musician.  His children are into policing, his eldest son being with the RCMP and on our Prime Minister's personal security detail.  We all feel very safe when they are around!

P.S. We speak German, English, French for the French Canadians from Quebec, "Trinidadian" and sometimes a mix of all of them.

229What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Zucchinipancakes5

230What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Zucchinipancakes2

231What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, man! Just as good as potato pancakes but with less carbs. Absolutely yummy looking.

I made chicken chunks with homemade peachy BBQ dipping sauce, mixed vegetables and jasmine rice as per request. Then there was ice cream for dessert.

232What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 IMG_1568-1

no mayo potato salad.

233What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 IMG_1620-1

BBQ chicken.

234What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, are you having an 'indoor picnic' tonight?

We had bacon cheeseburgers on the grill (well, I had a plain burger….) and creamed (cut off the cob) corn due to Josh can't eat corn on the cob with braces on his teeth.

Tori and I just got done baking a batch of crinkle chocolate-chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

235What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Roast beef tomato cheese mayo on a had roll. green onions to nibble on between the sandwich bites..... All full and droopy feeling.
Gabe and tina had spaghetti with meat sauce.

236What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Niagara Visitor

Not for eating today, but I have two, yes two large pots of pickeral/pikerel carcasses on my stove simmering away to make stock for seafood chowder.  Son and nephew (nephew's first time ever going fishing) got two 12  pound pickerels on Saturday in Lake Erie.  Son, the fisherman, called and asked did I want the carcasses for stock????  Well yes, I love chowder, did not have a pot big enough to take both of them  12 pounds is a lot of fish carcass!

Danny sure is making good use of the very expensive filleting knife we gave him for Christmas one year.  He loves to share, I knew that the $130.  for the knife was a good investment.

Nephew, the vegetarian wants to try the chowder when I make it.

Gotta be honest, though, I really do not like the smell in my kitchen right now.  I'll simmer some cinnamon sticks in the morning.

Last edited by Niagara Visitor on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

237What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:Thanks.  Regarding political stuff regarding immigration.............. our family is international and colourful, by marriage, by adoption. Two adopted bi-racial children, two Americans by marriage, a Trinidadian by marriage, lots of Canadians for friends, and all with a bunch of Germans whose family background is both German and Romanian. We're pretty close to a United Nation.  Great fun, and always interesting conversations and food.

Brother-in-law from Trinidad and his family have always been into policing.  His father was Chief of police for Trinidad and Tobago, Ken was a police officer, but really is a very talented musician.  His children are into policing, his eldest son being with the RCMP and on our Prime Minister's personal security detail.  We all feel very safe when they are around!

P.S.  We speak German, English, French for the French Canadians from Quebec, "Trinidadian" and sometimes a mix of all of them.

Sounds like you have a wonderful family, Niagara! Thanks for telling us about them.

238What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK... on this Tuesday it will be "Beth Burgers" on the grill.
Tina may throw a couple of Stuffed Bell Peppers in the Toaster Oven...
..."M A Y ! "that is...

It's a little humid with 80º out today, and it slows things down a bit, so I don't know how
Tina will feel after her shopping and her hair appointment at the Beauty Parlor.

The A/C is on so we are at least comfortable.

239What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

it is a LOT humid here.70/80 %. My windows are fogged up.I went to the mailbox.I could not even take a breath.There is no air. I do not turn off my air till end of October... What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 387840482 If it were 80 I would love that..

240What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am fixin salmon patties lol

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 4966761738_2e1bb48211

241What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had chicken alfredo and green beans for supper. It sure is different cooking for kids again….

when did kids get to have an opinion on what's for supper? LOL I suggested adding some baby spinach for color and taste and they BOTH vetoed me. How does that happen???

242What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Niagara Visitor

Kids get to vote, in my opinion, when they do the cooking. You cook, I'll eat. I cook, you eat what I cook. Simple solution.

243What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well... the stuffed peppers got blown out of the water.
Tina had chicken soup she made yesterday, with egg drop noodles. Yuck!
Too slimy and runny for me.

Then we had "Beth Burgers" I grilled outside. They were so good.

No dessert yet. I do have waffle batter that has to be used. Like For snack tonight! hahahahaha

Got ice cream, and fresh blueberry's too!

I'm gonna have a nice hot coffee, and two coconut macaroons to hold me over.

244What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:54 pm

NormM

NormM

I got some individual sized Bobolini pizza crusts and put out some onion, mushrooms, Italian sausage, Pepperoni, hamburger, red and green bell peppers, jalapenos, fresh mozzarella. fresh basil, and black olives and let everyone make their own. Charlie put some leftover french fries from take out he got yesterday on his.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

245What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I got some individual sized Bobolini pizza crusts and put out some onion, mushrooms, Italian sausage, Pepperoni, hamburger, red and green bell peppers, jalapenos, fresh mozzarella. fresh basil, and black olives and let everyone make their own.  Charlie put some leftover french fries from take out he got yesterday on his.

French Fries on Pizza?? Well I gues so; because they put ziti on pizza around here anyway. They even put those tortellini with alfredo sauce on pizza.

246What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Niagara Visitor

Steak on the grill, as well as some delicious fresh Ontario corn. I don't care how many times someone tells me that grilled steak is bad for me. I'll just die a little sooner, and happier because of eating steak!

247What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Steak on the grill, as well as some delicious fresh Ontario corn.  I don't care how many times someone tells me that grilled steak is bad for me.  I'll just die a little sooner, and happier because of eating steak!

Sounds Good Lore, but I thought you were a Pike or Pickerel fan!  lol! 

248What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 am

Niagara Visitor

I like fish, it was definitely hubby's favourite. However, if I could only have protein, my choice would be beef! Again, not hubby's favourite. Fish that my sons catch of course are special.

I made a very big batch of seafood chowder today using the two large pickerel that Danny and his cousin caught on Saturday. Now, as far as soups goes, seafood chowder is my all time favourite! Whoever thought of adding cream to a soup deserves at least a Nobel Prize!

249What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:I like fish, it was definitely hubby's favourite.  However, if I could only have protein, my choice would be beef!  Again, not hubby's favourite.  Fish that my sons catch of course are special.  

I made a very big batch of seafood chowder today using the two large pickerel that Danny and his cousin caught on Saturday.  Now, as far as soups goes, seafood chowder is my all time favourite! Whoever thought of adding cream to a soup deserves at least a Nobel Prize!

Well, I'm sure that the flavor of that chowder would be delicious and heavenly good!
Would be something great to even look at, as the spoon is in action, and scooping all that golden goodness.

Now I forgot that Tina bought me some sea scallops. I am thinking of making a seafood sort of chowder (thanks to your inspiration ) and also adding some cod fish. Ummm.... I want nice bite size pieces of celery in the chowder too,
I would be the only one eating it....Tina hates scallops. She may eat the diced potatoes though.

One way or another....those scallops will be cooked tomorrow.

250What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 10 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:29 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

I live scallops very simple:
Pan sautéed for a couple min.
quick pan sauce with butter, lemon, white wine and parsley....

I also love a veggie rice pilaf with it.
I quickly sauté shallots, celery, carrots (all diced small) in butter;
add to the raw rice and let it cook away!
I cook the rice in chicken stock instead of water

along with a small salad, this makes one of my favorite meals!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum