Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had 117 / 78 when I was at the doc's last week. I don't remember ever getting a reading that low. Must be all my good living....LOL

Then she told me they came out with a new recommendation on cholesterol that the 'bad' isn't 'bad' until it gets to 90. The last recommendation was 30.

What you gonna believe? It's all a game to them, I think.

27What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Simple supper tonight. Had to grill between raindrops.....

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 070314

28What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:20 pm

NormM

NormM

I have always had low blood pressure except for one brief time when they had me on the meds but took me off and it stayed low. Good living had nothing to do with it. Once a girl took my blood pressure and asked if I was upset about something. I said no. She said most people with your reading are about to die. The nurse came in and took again it and said it was low normal.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

29What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I have always had low blood pressure except for one brief time when they had me on the meds but took me off and it stayed low.  Good living had nothing to do with it.  Once a girl took my blood pressure and asked if I was upset about something. I said no. She said most people with your reading are about to die.  The nurse came in and took again it and said it was low normal.

That is something....

A weird thing... Tina always had low low B/P readings, like 104 / 62....All up until she had her right kidney removed. Her pressure within a week went to 149 / 95...
She ever since, has been on medication to keep it under check.

30What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had rigatoni's with sauce... Gabe had spaghetti
Tina had a raspberry danish for supper. She wanted just something sweet.
I did make her scrambled eggs and fried ham for a late lunch. Like at 3:00

Now I have to dry rub the ribs for tomorrow. The DD is such a good kid, but a PITA when it comes to letting us know if they will be here for the 4th.
She said it really is no big thing for us right now. I know why! It's because she has to go to work on Saturday.

It cooled down to 66º outside after some heavy rain. The A/C is off, and I am sucking out the germs in this house with the fan system. That's only because the humidity is down low.
Son Jimmy and wife are up in Boston this weekend. Big fireworks and the Beach Boys will be there. He called me, and said they got there at 2:00 and were watching boats, and the planes taking off a Logan Airport. Nice. Hot there though he said/.

31What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 E2670d5accfbb7cc4600ed11d467f9d5

found a big bag of chicken & veggies mixed up in the freezer.Could have some I put up for my Girls lol.I used the pie crusts I bought for pie,but it went to good use.

32What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I got a load of fresh veggies today,so I plan on minestrone for Saturday that will go to Sunday too.If I turn the air down it will nice & chilled in here so I will fake winter.. What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 1838020472 

33What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 E2670d5accfbb7cc4600ed11d467f9d5

found a big bag of chicken & veggies mixed up in the freezer.Could have some I put up for my Girls lol.I used the pie crusts I bought for pie,but it went to good use.

Looks like bottom crust pot pie? Have to make pot pies for Tina and the kids.

34What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, that looks really good. I don't think a pot pie without a bottom crust even tastes like pot pie.....

more like creamed vegetables.

35What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Yes, that looks really good.  I don't think a pot pie without a bottom crust even tastes like pot pie.....

more like creamed vegetables.

I remember mom used to buy those Bids Eye pot pies.
In the oven, no such thing as a toaster oven.
They were like 39 cents each back then. Lucky to find more than three pieces of chicken or beef.

36What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:I don't know. Hold on, let me go check. Gotta dust off the scale first.
I was 250.6 lbs. and now (drum roll please.... ) 237.5 lbs.
That was in one month. Nothing special. Just cut in half what I normally eat.

Congratulations, JImmy! That's a lot to lose in your first month!  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 4137497845 

37What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:51 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

We're smoking a turkey tomorrow. I made some cranberry orange sauce today (I get extra bags of fresh cranberries during the holidays and throw them in the freezer) and will probably just have Basmati rice and gravy (I have the giblets and neck and about 3 cups of homemade double turkey stock) and a homegrown tomato and cucumber salad. We decided against stuffing since it's so freaking hot outside -- just sounded too heavy.

When Brian went to the store on Tuesday, he planned on buying a frozen turkey breast. He had to ask where they were and when the guy showed him, Brian noticed they were $7/lb.!!!!!! His exact words to the guy was, "My wife would kill me if I came home with this." (I'm surprised he noticed the price but I've been harping on him lately to check out the price of things before he buys them -- I almost died a couple of months ago when he paid $6/lb. for a boneless chuck roast.) They had fresh turkeys, too, which weren't cheap ($1.89/lb.) but seemed downright reasonable when compared to the turkey breast.

38What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:We're smoking a turkey tomorrow.  I made some cranberry orange sauce today (I get extra bags of fresh cranberries during the holidays and throw them in the freezer) and will probably just have Basmati rice and gravy (I have the giblets and neck and about 3 cups of homemade double turkey stock) and a homegrown tomato and cucumber salad.  We decided against stuffing since it's so freaking hot outside -- just sounded too heavy.

When Brian went to the store on Tuesday, he planned on buying a frozen turkey breast.  He had to ask where they were and when the guy showed him, Brian noticed they were $7/lb.!!!!!!  His exact words to the guy was, "My wife would kill me if I came home with this."  (I'm surprised he noticed the price but I've been harping on him lately to check out the price of things before he buys them -- I almost died a couple of months ago when he paid $6/lb. for a boneless chuck roast.)  They had fresh turkeys, too, which weren't cheap ($1.89/lb.) but seemed downright reasonable when compared to the turkey breast.  

Sounds like a Thanksgiving Day feast a little early. LOL

I'm sure it will be delicious...but I would definitely want stuffing.
Ummmm!!!v Stuffing Sandwiches...good good good!

39What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The pork ribs are baking in the oven since 1:00 pm...and they are smelling delicious.
Tina Baked a banana bread.
A/C is off... 64º outside, and breezy. Rain is finished for now.
Supper will be around 6 so I will need a sandwich of something to hold me over till then.

Tina went to "Piggy's Deli" and picked up small containers of potato salad, and macaroni salad....then to KFC to get a container of their cole slaw. I like that. She picked up ( and I have no clue why ) a box of hot wings.
Wet...and drippy, and way undercooked. She will rebake them in the toaster oven. I will not eat them the way they are now. What the heck happened to "Crispy"???

Tina's got a pot of Greek Style CHILI sauce cooking too; so we can have chili dogs and chili burgers.... Yummy Yum.

I better get something to eat, I'm getting hungry!

40What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Hope everyone has a great day.I got up sick. So I have slept most of the day so far.
Potato salad was made last night.I got cherries but the pie will wait.I made upside down peach pie tho.

The rest ??? gosh turkey sounds great. I may do that for when my DS comes.

41What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sick? Gee that is awful. Hope you are better soon.

42What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks Bugs. Think it has to do with allergy.I was nausea & dizzy.Still.So I go easy today.

43What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Potatosaladbig

44What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 10435922_887076314654546_8178255810558671105_n

45What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

feel better barb.

all of a sudden now my throat is sore. Tina was just sick with a snot nosed germy cold.

grrrrrrrr~!!

Had the ribs...bought cole slaw ...mac salad potato salad...

banana bread for dessert.

46What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Niagara Visitor

No cooking today, went out to a fabulous buffet for lunch with my sister. Just some cheese and crackers for supper. There is a relatively new creamery here that makes a fabulous washed rind cheese. Great stuff, similar to a Gouda in consistency, but it has more flavour. I love cheeses with a kick/flavour to them.

47What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:No cooking today, went out to a fabulous buffet for lunch with my sister.  Just some cheese and crackers for supper.  There is a relatively new creamery here that makes a fabulous washed rind cheese.  Great stuff, similar to a Gouda in consistency, but it has more flavour.  I love cheeses with a kick/flavour to them.

Cheese and crackers can be fulfilling for sure.
I love habanero pepper cheese. Cabot makes a very good cheese product.
Did you have any good Wine with the cheese meal?

48What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Niagara Visitor

Yup, some of Niagara's best. Still have some more right now!

49What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Yup, some of Niagara's best.  Still have some more right now!

enjoy it to the last drop! LOL

50What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

A hot diggity dog day for supper....

Chili dogs for me and tina....and  onions and mustard for Gabe.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 O5fq

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Eq7k

AND  As usual..... Jimmy stuffing face.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 2 Dvrf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum