Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 13]

126JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nothing fancy. Kielbasi and onions with potatoes.

Very satisfying meal.

And burpe too! Smile 

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 G60o

127JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:
thighs..yellow rice,green beans.No I am not sick of them yet.. I love you 

I don't think I've ever gotten sick of home grown beans. They always taste so good. And there are a million ways to use them. I like them blanched with shallots or red onions, dill, evoo and lemon for a salad. Then again with almonds or pecans or hazelnuts. Leftovers fried up in bacon fat with corn to caramelize in a cast iron pan....

the list goes on and on...keep picking and they'll keep growing. Only bad part are the darn mosquitos.

but you know that.

128JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Nothing fancy. Kielbasi and onions with potatoes.

Very satisfying meal.

And burpe too! Smile 

well we can certainly tell it was a 'happy meal' for you! Nice comfort meal.

129JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:10 pm

NormM

NormM

It has been a nice day here today. It was windy earlier and my tomato plant got blown over and broken at the stem even though I tied it up a few days ago. Charlie and Cassie are helping her cousin pack up for a move. They made dinner for me. We had T-Bone steaks, mixed vegetables cooked through but crisp and seasoned with Jalapenos and Creole seasoning, fried sweet potatoes and a dessert that was layered fruit, cake and whipped cream.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

130JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:23 am

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 10277292_10152085481002344_7206410469586346893_n

I have made this before & loved it.

That looks amazing. Potato, zuccini, tomatoes? Or something else? Please elaborate, I would love to do this for a dinner soon.

131JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Norm...sounds like a tasty steak and meal

Barb....Yep! That's a fine photo of a winner casserole.

I sent Daughter a pic of my new Hair Doo! she said, "Dad WTH Happened!"
She said I look like "Charlie McCarthy"

SOOooo...now I am off to chaange my Avatar for a while!

132JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:
thighs..yellow rice,green beans.No I am not sick of them yet.. I love you 

I don't think I've ever gotten sick of home grown beans.  They always taste so good.  And there are a million ways to use them.  I like them blanched with shallots or red onions, dill, evoo and lemon for a salad.  Then again with almonds or pecans or hazelnuts.  Leftovers fried up in bacon fat with corn to caramelize in a cast iron pan....

the list goes on and on...keep picking and they'll keep growing.  Only bad part are the darn mosquitos.

but you know that.

Beth! I'll bet you never had them with plain bread crumbs?.....

My Mom made them so my brother would eat them and not G A G .

She would Brown the bread crumbs in oil and butter, and mix that into the hot beans. OMG they were so good!
She called them, "Crumby Beans!"

133JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:27 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:I sent Daughter a pic of my new Hair Doo! she said, "Dad WTH Happened!"

She said I look like "Charlie McCarthy"

I howled over that crack, Jimmy!

134JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:44 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

That looks amazing. Potato, zuccini, tomatoes? Or something else? Please elaborate, I would love to do this for a dinner soon.

NH all it is ,is yellow squash sliced,zucchini sliced,red tomato sliced, I had 2 yukon potato that needed to be used so I added them.I made each a pile.lol. Then I olive oil the dish. Just lay them in the dish like you see.Little bit of oil brushed on.Salt/pepper & small bit of thyme. Hand full of grated parm.Baked 30 minutes..

135JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have ribs for today,,, in the slow cooker they go..Also going to do a chicken,roast stove top or boil.

136JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:56 am

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:That looks amazing. Potato, zuccini, tomatoes? Or something else? Please elaborate, I would love to do this for a dinner soon.

NH all it is ,is yellow squash sliced,zucchini sliced,red tomato sliced, I had 2 yukon potato that needed to be used so I added them.I made each a pile.lol. Then I olive oil the dish. Just lay them in the dish like you see.Little bit of oil brushed on.Salt/pepper & small bit of thyme. Hand full of grated parm.Baked 30 minutes..

Thanks. I do oven roasted veggies quite often when I have company, so versatile to make, and not a last minute thing to have to take off the stove, these will be a lovely new variation, also as a take-along for a pot luck!

I bought a condo in a large building, and it looks like there are pot luck lunches quite often. I plan to become active in this new to me community once I sell my farm and go on to the next step in my life. Hit a significant b-day last week, let's only say that it's past the 60s Smile  so it's time to try new things again! Smile 

137JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:That looks amazing. Potato, zuccini, tomatoes? Or something else? Please elaborate, I would love to do this for a dinner soon.

Thanks.  I do oven roasted veggies quite often when I have company, so versatile to make, and not a last minute thing to have to take off the stove, these will be a lovely new variation, also as a take-along for a pot luck!

I bought a condo in a large building, and it looks like there are pot luck lunches quite often.  I plan to become active in this new to me community once I sell my farm and go on to the next step in my life.  Hit a significant b-day last week, let's only say that it's past the 60s Smile  so it's time to try new things again! Smile 

Happy Belated Birthday Niagara ....!"

138JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

This morning, I marinaded London broils.

Gonna have them, and Tina is making Italian Wedding Soup!
DD is coming over, and she is making a Quiche Lorraine for us.

139JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Belated Birthday, Lore ! There are so many fun and exciting things ahead if we are just open to new friends and their ideas. Living in a populated area offers many more opportunities for enjoying peer activities.....much easier than being way out on the farm, isolated from people on a day to day basis.

140JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided to pull all the ingredients for Barb's zucchini/tomato casserole out of my vegetable drawer. Every time I looked at her pic it made my mouth water. I did make it a little more 'my way' by adding some panko crumbs to the grated parmesan & thyme to sprinkle over the top. I like a little crunch.

It's in the toaster oven now. We'll see how nicely it goes with a grilled chicken breast.

141JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 10314011_10152138529840848_6187858873344027521_n

slow cooker ribs then grilled for 20 minutes.messed up the grill big time. JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 1838020472 

142JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ribs look good, Barb. What else do you have to do tomorrow besides cleaning the grates? LOL

Here's my casserole - YOURS was much, much prettier. But it was tasty so that's all that matters to me.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 ZucchiniTomatoCasserole

We had grilled chicken breast, the zucchini & tomato casserole, a tossed salad and the rest of the toasted baguette.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 061514

143JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 10329261_10203101220685020_1269857271775915496_n

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Succatash3

144JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ribs look good, Barb. What else do you have to do tomorrow besides cleaning the grates? LOL

I should stay the heck in.another 95` day.With very high humidity. I really don't need anything.However I am STILL looking for a sofa.I may just stop looking.Hate all the crap that goes with buying something. I tell ya if we had a Ikea here I would just buy from them.use it a few years ,junk it,buy another one..

145JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

your dinner looks great. JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 3602300868 

146JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had a nice dinner for fathers day.

Maria was in a tizzy. Her BF was having a dilemma with one of the poor pigs.
She was trying to give birth, and she was too weak to push out the piglets.

She was only a year old, and much too young for birth.
Lenny tried to help her internally, but it is turning out they may have to end it all.

Anyway... there was so much leftover London Broil, and what is shown on the pictures, is the leftovers. Son Jimmy wasn't around. He is in the Bahamas. LOL

Maria made Quiche 3 different kinds.

We had a ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery, and a cake from Weis supermarkets.

there were buttered noodles too.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 6kfc

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 L2ch0

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 G8bz0

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 3hrh

147JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:19 am

Niagara Visitor

No dinner for me today, I was still full from lunch. My children took me to The Keg for a combination lunch. Mothers' Day, fathers' Day, my birthday, son Danny's birthday. We missed going out for Mothers' Day because hubby had been placed in palliative care, my b-day was Jun11, son's June 13, and today was Fathers' Day. The first fathers day for my sons without having their father.

I had the special, a top sirloin steak with what they called seafood Oscar. Shrimp and scallops in a Bernaise sauce. Very tasty, but not worth the $45.00. The shrimp and scallops were very tiny, but their patio is awesome, nice wicker furniture with comfy pillows to sit on, so I guess that the price of the meal has to cover that too.

It was a really nice visit with both sons and daughters-in-law.

148JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:57 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:No dinner for me today, I was still full from lunch.  My children took me to The Keg for a combination lunch.  Mothers' Day, fathers' Day, my birthday, son Danny's birthday.  We missed going out for Mothers' Day because hubby had been placed in palliative care, my b-day was Jun11, son's June 13, and today was Fathers' Day.  The first fathers day for my sons without having their father.

I had the special, a top sirloin steak with what they called seafood Oscar.  Shrimp and scallops in a Bernaise sauce.  Very tasty, but not worth the $45.00.  The shrimp and scallops were very tiny, but their patio is awesome, nice wicker furniture with comfy pillows to sit on, so I guess that the price of the meal has to cover that too.

Glad you had a nice time with the kids, and I'm sure it was well worth it!

I do that sometimes. I'll eat a lunch that is so filling, that I don't even want to think of food for supper.

I had a cup of Italian wedding soup that Tina made today, and I usually have a piece of bread with soup; or crackers.
I didn't, because it would spoil my supper (as mom used to say).

149JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:No dinner for me today, I was still full from lunch.  My children took me to The Keg for a combination lunch.  Mothers' Day, fathers' Day, my birthday, son Danny's birthday.  We missed going out for Mothers' Day because hubby had been placed in palliative care, my b-day was Jun11, son's June 13, and today was Fathers' Day.  The first fathers day for my sons without having their father.

I had the special, a top sirloin steak with what they called seafood Oscar.  Shrimp and scallops in a Bernaise sauce.  Very tasty, but not worth the $45.00.  The shrimp and scallops were very tiny, but their patio is awesome, nice wicker furniture with comfy pillows to sit on, so I guess that the price of the meal has to cover that too.

It sounds absolutely lovely, Niagara. And don't worry about the cost. Our kids don't think a thing about it. Just think how lucky you are to have such considerate children who want to spend time with you. That's a tribute to you and their father because of the example you set for them as they grew up.

150JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:29 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:We had a nice dinner for fathers day.

Maria was in a tizzy. Her BF was having a dilemma with one of the poor pigs.
She was trying to give birth, and she was too weak to push out the piglets.

She was only a year old, and much too young for birth.
Lenny tried to help her internally, but it is turning out they may have to end it all.

Anyway... there was so much leftover London Broil, and what is shown on the pictures, is the leftovers. Son Jimmy wasn't around. He is in the Bahamas. LOL

Maria made Quiche 3 different kinds.

We had a ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery, and a cake from Weis supermarkets.

there were buttered noodles too.

Jimmy, you should have put the "free Meal" sign out in the front yard....geesh! what an enormous amount of food.

And poor, poor Jim, Jr. ~ unable to come because he's in The Bahamas! How awful for him & his wife.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum