Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. 10277292_10152085481002344_7206410469586346893_n

I have made this before & loved it.

2JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You always make it look so beautiful ~ and you take such care in the prep. Impressive.

We went with Lyn & Bill to the last polo match of the season and then out to eat. Then back here and the guys had peach pie alamode for their dessert. I've got one last piece left that I need to find someone to eat for me.

3JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Looks delicious Barb.
Cheese in it??? ....

4JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You always make it look so beautiful ~ and you take such care in the prep.  Impressive.

We went with Lyn & Bill to the last polo match of the season and then out to eat.  Then back here and the guys had peach pie alamode for their dessert.  I've got one last piece left that I need to find someone to eat for me.  

We do the same thing here. That last piece of pie will sit and nobody wants it. but..... If I throw it out, everyone wants it.

5JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

Looks delicious Barb.
Cheese in it??? ....

Yes. Just parm.The hardest part is slicing every thing.

6JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

Looks delicious Barb.
Cheese in it??? ....

Yes. Just parm.The hardest part is slicing every thing.

I'll bet, besides the Parm, some grated Swiss would be good.

I would just scoop it out with a big serve spoon.

7JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina threw a small loaf pan of lasagna together, and baked it in the toaster oven. It was good, and no meat. I don't like meat in my lasagna.

Ooops... forgot....a fluffer nutter for dessert. There is fresh apple pie, but we are all pied out! haaaaaaaa

8JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had cut a chicken breast into cubes before freezing so it was easy to thaw and then marinate in a soy based sauce. Chicken kebobs, vegetable "spaghetti" and a cucumber strip salad with an Asian dressing....

JUNE... What's for Dinner. 060214

9JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. 10298781_10203631426577306_936495746336088208_n

I made lasagna in a small baking pan & baked it in my toaster oven..Perfect.. cheers

10JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, where did you get that idea???

ah....maybe post #7 ???

This is such a great place to get ideas!

Looks delicious. And the salad, too!

11JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE... What's for Dinner. 10298781_10203631426577306_936495746336088208_n

I made lasagna in a small baking pan & baked it in my toaster oven..Perfect.. cheers

Isn't that somethin?
Tina mommy made it yesterday the same way.
In the toaster oven.

I told Tina...if it is really hot out, and the A/C is on, I could put the toaster oven on the deck / porch.

12JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight it was take-out from a new Chinese place, and sorrowfully, not good.
Hong Kong Palace where we get and like the food, is closed on //monday's. bummer!!!

13JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yup stole Tinas idea.. JUNE... What's for Dinner. 3602300868 JUNE... What's for Dinner. 3593629538 JUNE... What's for Dinner. 2876911673 

14JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:yup stole Tinas idea.. JUNE... What's for Dinner. 3602300868 JUNE... What's for Dinner. 3593629538 JUNE... What's for Dinner. 2876911673 

No No.....It's not Stole, it's Share!

15JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We started doing and eating something we haven't had in years!

Cottage Cheese with Canned Peaches, and the syrup. OMG...so good!
I had a small cup style dish, but I'm thinking of more later on.

16JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I buy cottage cheese every week.I put in chopped fine veggies.Or pineapple.Or any fresh fruit I have.Or sugar free jam..

17JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:09 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

My mom use to love cottage cheese with corn relish spooned on top.

Of course, she also fixed and ate peanutbutter and dill pickle sandwiches ~ so what the heck do I know if cottage cheese with corn relish is any good ???

JUNE... What's for Dinner. 2876911673 

18JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:56 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

you know some people use cc to make their Lasagna,stuffed shells,etc.I just don't see that.Has to be ricotta for me.

19JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

instead of ricotta (which I cannot use), I make a mixture of a 'meltable' cottage cheese, egg, parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella and give it a blitz in my mini chop to make it smooth and well mixed. The mixture mimics ricotta somewhat but isn't as dry and the texture is something I can eat.

20JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:25 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

but isn't as dry ??? so do you just use it from the container as is? I always mix eggs or egg in mine.

21JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

no, I mix the ricotta with the egg and parmesan. It's the texture I cannot get down. Strange, I know, but just not pretty to sit across the table from me when I get it in my mouth.....ewwwwww

(sorry for the graphic.....lol)

22JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was going to cook my homemade sauerkraut tonight....until I tasted it. A can of Silver Floss Kraut was in the pantry ~ 'just in case'....and the case was: no good sour taste in my homemade. Glad I didn't waste anything more than some cabbage and salt. It sat on my countertop with a cheesecloth cap for four weeks and has been in a closed jar in my refrigerator for probably 2 or 3 weeks. Even after rinsing, it just tastes like salty cabbage. So, I won't be making that again. I don't think a quart jar on the countertop is enough to properly ferment. That's probably why Grandma used lots of heads of cabbage and a huge crock in the 'fruit cellar'.

But, supper was good just the same. Knockwurst w/sauerkraut, Penzey seasoned green beans and the most amazing tasting baby Yukon gold potatoes, smushed & then browned in evoo & a bit of butter, simply seasoned with a little s&p.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. 060314

23JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was a messed up day. DR. chit.... with my vision. over 600.00 and I still cant see out of them. They placed the progressive Segment height in the wrong line of sight.

The opthamologist is senduing me to a neurological opthamologist .... all bull crap...

Anyway, Tina cooked pork steaks with onions and potatoes, and braised it slow.
we ate that with corn, and applesauce. g o o d

Had apple pie alamode. I had vanilla ice cream, and Tina had her favorite...chocolate.

I serviced the A/C system for the main house system, and it's running now. It was hot 77º and but so humid.

24JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I was going to cook my homemade sauerkraut tonight....until I tasted it.  A can of Silver Floss Kraut was in the pantry ~ 'just in case'....and the case was:  no good sour taste in my homemade.  Glad I didn't waste anything more than some cabbage and salt.  It sat on my countertop with a cheesecloth cap for four weeks and has been in a closed jar in my refrigerator for probably 2 or 3 weeks.  Even after rinsing, it just tastes like salty cabbage.  So, I won't be making that again.  I don't think a quart jar on the countertop is enough to properly ferment.  That's probably why Grandma used lots of heads of cabbage and a huge crock in the 'fruit cellar'.  

But, supper was good just the same.  Knockwurst w/sauerkraut, Penzey seasoned green beans and the most amazing tasting baby Yukon gold potatoes, smushed & then browned in evoo & a bit of butter, simply seasoned with a little s&p.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. 060314

Looks great. Maybe you could have rinsed the kraut and it would have been less salty. Or like Tina does...she rinses it a little, and then browns it with onions slow.Black pepper too! ...

25JUNE... What's for Dinner. Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:no, I mix the ricotta with the egg and parmesan.  It's the texture I cannot get down.  Strange, I know, but just not pretty to sit across the table from me when I get it in my mouth.....ewwwwww

(sorry for the graphic.....lol)

When I was stationed in Puerto Rico, we could not get ricotta in the bx.
We used dry cottage cheese, and tina doctored it up with other cheese.
We loved it, and it was the fine curd.

I always add one whole egg, and two egg yolks to my ricotta . Parsely and shredded mozzarella and grated romano cheese...and I always add salt to the mix.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum