Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking......

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Peppadew3

Bacon,red pepper,broccoli,eggs,cheese.breakfast muffins.

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Peppadew_thumb9

Been up 3 hrs & I need a nap........ Sleep 

bethk

bethk
Admin

do you just make a regular drop biscuit dough and mix in whatever....or is there a specific formula so they cook all the way through? (and, yes, I'm thinking of making them without the cheese ~ LOL)

Barbara101

Barbara101

BRB with recipe..Savory Spinach, Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Cheese Muffins: (adapted from Bon Appetit)

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 cup thinly sliced FRESH spinach leaves or broccoli
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped drained   roasted red peppers from a jar.
I threw in a bit of bacon I had leftover from spinach salad.

Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 standard (1/3-cup) muffin cups or 6 large (3/4-cup) muffin cups with nonstick spray.

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Easybbqchickensandwiches400a

BBQ chicken sandwich.

bethk

bethk
Admin

The sandwich looks nice and juicy, Barb.

Could you copy over your muffin recipe to the 'bread' section so I can find it later when I want it?

Thanks!

bethk

bethk
Admin

My sister-in-law is visiting for a couple days. This morning we had Greek yogurt w/berries (strawberries, blueberries & raspberries) and a piece of that wonderful Publix breakfast bread.

(by the time I thought of a pic, it was gone!)

Barbara101

Barbara101

I bought a spinach salad the other day off the salad bar.HUGE HUGE sliced mushrooms .To many. I took some off to make mushroom omelet this morning.My go to for food items I use some of & toss the unused rest.Works out great.

bethk

bethk
Admin

This morning I suddenly got the urge to have a bowl of oatmeal....added dried fruit mix and pecans. And as long as I had it in the kitchen ~ some Publix breakfast bread toast.

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Brkfst060914

bethk

bethk
Admin

A friend gave me all the fruit & vegetables from her refrigerator when she had to leave town suddenly so I've got an excess of fruit to use up....strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, watermelon. Phew! Wish I had some over ripe bananas ~ then I could make some more of those yummy banana strawberry mini muffins to stash in the freezer. Maybe I'll see what else I can find.

So, anyway, breakfast was something I could incorporate fruit into. Since I ran out of yogurt with last night's fruit parfait (bedtime snack) I thought pancakes would be tasty.

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Brkfst061014

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Kalebroc3

spinach broccoli Frittata. baked in the toaster oven..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yum!

Once you find the right size pan to fit in your toaster oven anything is possible. It's the part of finding the right size because every toaster oven seems to have different dimensions.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made herself a egg.... left 9:30 to get her hair Dooo!

I made myself a fried egg cheese and bacon, on a toasted soft Thomas' Bagel.

I enjoyed every bite with Gusto.

It's hot out today...82º and the A/C is on in the house.

Tina is still at the beauty parlor, so I Know...she will be taking a nap when she gets home. hahahahahahaha....
I keep telling her,"Use Just For Men!" It's easy! .... "no she said. ""One charlie Macarthy is enough in this house!"

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Best_ever_blueberry_muffins

Blueberry Muffins baked in the toaster oven.. JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... 3267860543 

bethk

bethk
Admin

That was an absolute favorite of my girls when they were growing up....of course I made the ones that came in a box....usually on a Saturday morning when I wanted them to pull their behinds out of bed and help clean the house. Nothin' beats the smell of somethin' good in the oven!

Barbara101

Barbara101

it was a mix lol I just added more berries .. Laughing 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Best_ever_blueberry_muffins

Blueberry Muffins baked in the toaster oven.. JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... 3267860543 

Looks like they came out perfect!

Tina made eggs for breakfast. toast w butter, and I'm so full.
I just cannot get motivated today.
Maybe because I woke up miserable today; because my right eye was like sand inside.
Tina went to walmart already, and then to the post office.
Me.....I'm ready for... Sleep  A nappy nappy.

Barbara101

Barbara101

yeah my $20 cheapo toaster oven from Wal M is pretty good.Does not make toast worth a crap tho  scratch lol! 

When my left eye does that I wash it out with baby shampoo.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:yeah my $20 cheapo toaster oven from Wal M is pretty good.Does not make toast worth a crap tho  scratch lol! 

When my left eye does that I wash it out with baby shampoo.

We have the cuisinart oven toaster broiler. Doesn't make toast fast enough. Bagels come out ok. We have to leave a flashlight to see the knob settings and the temperature settings. The font is so small, even GD with great vision cannot see it.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:We have the cuisinart oven toaster broiler. Doesn't make toast fast enough. Bagels come out ok. We have to leave a flashlight to see the knob settings and the temperature settings. The font is so small, even GD with great vision cannot see it.

Don't you just hate that? I really thought when the Baby Boomers started turning 60 that most vendors would tend to make type a bit bigger. I've got to admit that your GD being unable to see it made me feel a bit better.

I've been planning to get a decent sized magnifying glass for us -- particularly for directions on the back of bathroom products (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) and the like. Brian has one of those half-round ones that used to sit on his desk but it's not big enough and it's awkward to hold and use.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:We have the cuisinart oven toaster broiler. Doesn't make toast fast enough. Bagels come out ok. We have to leave a flashlight to see the knob settings and the temperature settings. The font is so small, even GD with great vision cannot see it.

Don't you just hate that?  I really thought when the Baby Boomers started turning 60 that most vendors would tend to make type a bit bigger.  I've got to admit that your GD being unable to see it made me feel a bit better.  

I've been planning to get a decent sized magnifying glass for us -- particularly for directions on the back of bathroom products (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) and the like.  Brian has one of those half-round ones that used to sit on his desk but it's not big enough and it's awkward to hold and use.

The worst thing is the medications. I bought Bauch and Lomb Ocuvite .... and trying to read the dosage and directions. I had to use the big magnifying glass to see. I was like... Are they Chitten me?

Thank god the computer lets me set the size of the page and font size.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:

I've been planning to get a decent sized magnifying glass for us --

Ha Ha Ha .... look at these that I bought. They are settable fro near or far sighted and they cost 29.00 I think?

See the little knobs on each end? there is an adjustment knob for left and right.
They work great but take patience to set them.
I use them for close 12 inch or closer to see fine electrical components or when working on the car to see wire terminals on the plug connectors.

They do work, and if my vision is ga ga'd up for some reason (B/P) or tired, I can use these. They are called ADjustables on Amazon.

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Sxyh

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Xvrg[/quote]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a slice of breakfast bread with my coffee....

BTW, Barb, check your Publix ad. I'm going to stop and pick up a few loaves to put in the freezer, and may even ask at the bakery if they have some that's already frozen (as I think that's the way they store it before putting out for sale).

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... Image9

Barbara101

Barbara101

thx.might do it.great bread..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I don't think I can make it (well, I KNOW I cannot make it....I'm not that talented.....lol) for that price. With all the dried fruit(s) and nuts in it, it costs a fortune to put together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum