Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

51JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:41 pm

NormM

NormM

I have had a MRI of my head three times. Each time it took nearly an hour and I wasn't supposed to move. Not a place to be if you are claustrophobic.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

52JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:20 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I have had a MRI of my head three times.  Each time it took nearly an hour and I wasn't supposed to move.  Not a place to be if you are claustrophobic.

Wow! Three Times? Holy Cow!

I have had MRI's and CAT scans of the body...( Heart Area ) but never the head.
It was LOUD as heck. ( Now the body scans were a piece of cake, and just some low tone resonance, )

The head thing, the guy said to me,"Are you scared of small places?"
I said, Nope!.... I like being closed in.

Now, he gives me ear phones and says he will play music. All of a sudden, I thought I was being shot at by cannons, and then weird droans with hammering in a cadence.... I said,"Woah!... The song sucks. He said, I didn't staart the music yet!.... I was like,"Is all that cannon fire and drums supposed to be happening?" ... Yep! he said.

He put a pillow under my legs, and that pillow must have been made for a one legged skinny ass monkey. I told him, get another pillow, I'm fat and I need more pillow for my husky sized legs. He said he'd rather not move me now so he doesn't lose position.

Then .... The gurney was so narrow when he slid me into the tunnel, that my upper arms were hurting from resting on the stupid hard plastic.

I was so much in back pain, and my legs were like they were sat on by an elephant, that I couldn't sit up to get off the gurney! hahahahaha

I must say one thing, it gave me one heck of an appetite after I was done!

53JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:14 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

we gotta get you better, Jimmy, so you don't have to do those tests any more. What a crappy way to spend a day.

54JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:07 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I may not have one of those after all.I sure did not go through all that. I was also given a sedative of some sort.cat scan maybe.

I know when I had my bone scan done & the way they put my legs the back pain went away.lol Also came perfect reading so my pain is muscle related.

I sure hope you get fixed up Jimmy..Hey Let Tina baby you for awhile,lord knows you did that for for her..relax & enjoy your rest time...Won't be long till you are back to Honey do list.. JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 3561122519 

55JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:we gotta get you better, Jimmy, so you don't have to do those tests any more.  What a crappy way to spend a day.

Thanks Beth.....

Had the Ultra Sound done at 12:00 today ... easy test.
We went right next door for lunch (Pizza ) afterwards....

Tina is cooking thin sliced chix breast breaded and fried crispy for me.

56JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I may not have one of those after all.I sure did not go through all that. I was also given a sedative of some sort.cat scan maybe.

I know when I had my bone scan done & the way they put my legs the back pain went away.lol Also came perfect reading so my pain is muscle related.

I sure hope you get fixed up Jimmy..Hey Let Tina baby you for awhile,lord knows you did that for for her..relax & enjoy your rest time...Won't be long till you are back to Honey do list.. JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 3561122519 

Thanks Barb...

Tina takes good care of me, but I still try to do things so that honey Dooo list doesn't get beyond the 12 pages already listed. LOL

Son Jimmy is coming over soon to change the filter in the central A/C which is in the attic. Easy access, but I can't see that good and the sciatic flared up slightly. My attic is low head room...like only 5 feet. Sucks for big body's.

57JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

nothing sounds good to eat....thinking maybe a call to the local pizza place to have one delivered.

58JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Med104078_1008_minestrone_vert

Want some minestrone?  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 2876911673 Makes a HUGE HUGE pot full.I will be eating this for days.I gave my puppers a half ladle on their food OMG they licked the bowls clean.Spoiled rotten they are.

59JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks great, Barb. I can bet the girls were thrilled, even if you didn't set a place at the table for them! LOL

We ended up driving down the street to the closest country club for the 'Saturday Night Specials'....he had $22 twin lobster tails and I had $14 prime rib. I was happy to have my craving for beef solved without having to cook it.

60JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Looks great, Barb.  I can bet the girls were thrilled, even if you didn't set a place at the table for them!  LOL

We ended up driving down the street to the closest country club for the 'Saturday Night Specials'....he had $22 twin lobster tails and I had $14 prime rib.  I was happy to have my craving for beef solved without having to cook it.

Beth.... your meals sound great.

Just a ? ... do you and Dane golf??

61JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Med104078_1008_minestrone_vert

Want some minestrone?   JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 2876911673 Makes a HUGE HUGE pot full.I will be eating this for days.I gave my puppers a half ladle on their food OMG they licked the bowls clean.Spoiled rotten they are.

Lookie goodie..

Good crusty bread, soaked in the soup, is a great tasting experience.
It is for me anyway.
I like croutons or crackers swimming in the soup too!

62JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Just a ? ... do you and Dane golf??[/size]

Dane plays golf. Beth does not.....

63JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

101` at noon. humidity 88%  affraid JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 387840482 

Dinner will be fixed stove top..

64JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

101? YIKES! Close all the windows, draw the curtains and turn on the air. With that kind of humidity you can cut the air it is so thick. I can't function outside with that kind of weather. It is the kind where you want to take off your skin and walk around in your bones.

65JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I know. I opened the slider door & it was like opening the 500` oven door.Wall of heat hitting you full in the face.I can only hope my plants will be ok.I will go out much later ,almost dark, to have a look at them.

66JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The rain cooled down the outside temp by about 10° so I decided to brown up the beef brats on the grill. Johnsonville beef brats w/sauerkraut, parsley/chive noodles & asparagus (done in the microwave).

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 060914

67JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 004-2

pan grilled.I am not stepping one foot outside.

68JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:101? YIKES! Close all the windows, draw the curtains and turn on the air. With that kind of humidity you can cut the air it is so thick. I can't function outside with that kind of weather. It is the kind where you want to take off your skin and walk around in your bones.

bugs....walking in your bones is ok, as long as you don't plop on the toilet.

That is something I will never forget!

69JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 004-2

pan grilled.I am not stepping one foot outside.

Looks great... umm...I have thoughts of shrimp and scallops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beth....great choice with the beef brats on the kraut Very Happy 

70JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Don't know what to have for supper.....

Tina's in a crotchety mood for some ungodly reason.....

Had scrambled eggs and fried potatoes for lunch....

IDK ....I give up.

I have split pea and sausage soup in the freezer. Cool enough out for soup....66º now.

71JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Beanspotatoes2

My very own grown by me green beans.  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 3267860543 

72JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Beans4

saute with butter,simple but so good.oh & toasted hazelnuts..

73JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Cool enough out for soup....66º now.

wish wish wish.Not going to see that till Dec/Jan/

74JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Within 5 seconds...Tina changed what's for supper....

She wanted Pizza. So thin crust large pizza pie was the order from take-out.

75JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 3 Beans4

saute with butter,simple but so good.oh & toasted hazelnuts..

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

What a fabulous dish ~ simple, yet 'fancy' with the addition of the hazelnuts. Bet you savored every bite. Great job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum