Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

276JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Pizza was OK.

We just found one.... near a dr's park that used to be the A&P supermarket.
A Pizza joint that makes a great thin crust pizza. Only thing, is take 4 people out, and two 16" large pies would barely feed two. The crust is so thin, I could eat a whole pizza pie easily myself. And then some!...hahahaha

I make it thin crust, but with a thicker edge crust.

BTW... Tina and I, we don't ever fold our slices of pizza. It throws out the taste IMO.

I like to bite with tomato cheese on top, and bottom crust on bottom of each bite.

Boy! I could suck down a pizza pie right now, I am so hungry.  Laughing 

277JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:56 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:tangerine vinegar oh yum. I have to find some of that.

Sounded good to me as well, Be.  

Barbara101 wrote:I buy romaine more often then any lettuce.It last the longest in the fridge.LOVE LOVE grilled R.

It does indeed last the longest. We loved it grilled also, Barbara.

278JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:05 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:It is one of those acid days for me. Been taking Pepcid, Maalox, Pepto and milk with not much relief, so I am not hungry tonight. My DH, Roomie and I went down to Laguna Beach and went into the shops. Ran into a couple of crazies who were yelling to no one in particular. My DH and roomie went to a restaurant on the sand which was nice but the meal, not so much. DH had a burger that cost $13 and was not very good. Roomie had eggs benedict that was only middlin". I didn't eat and was glad I didn't because the bill came to $40. I don't like spending that on crummy food. We came home and went to bed for a nap. No one wants dinner tonight.

Sounds like an expensive chitty day bugs.

Tina had that this afternoon. She swears by Zantac for relief. Especially at night when asleep. She has to sleep in the recliner too; so the g e r d doesn't back up and choke her. pale  No 

I have had my thyroid tested and yes I am hypothyroid and take a daily pill.

bugs.... ever get the thyroid function tested?

279JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:05 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

And that folks is why I make my own pizza........... JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 2825942945 

280JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Photo5

281JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yummy. If I didn't already have my supper ready to go I'd make some of those, too.

282JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

well I am still hungry lol so something else will be made.

283JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here's what was in the works when I saw your post:

Grilled Pork 'Porterhouse' chop, baked sweet potato, Penzey seasoned green beans & a tossed salad with a big handful of homegrown grape tomatoes.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 062914

The chop was definitely too large for one so I only had it on my plate for the pic. Dane got the larger 'strip' side and I got the tenderloin and the bone. Boy, I do like pork cooked on the bone - yum.

284JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Dirk did a good job on grilling this.. thick ribeye steak..  love the crust.. I rubbed it with my usual.. cornstarch + salt + black pepper + smoked paprika

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 DSCN9127

285JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, MY, but that looks delicious! I love the grilled onion you have on the side. I think beef and onion are a perfect pairing.

286JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, I forgot....

for dessert I had some rugula cookies (sp???). I went to the Jewish deli and they have trays of them. Oh but they are tasty. I got two with apricot & nut filling and two with raspberry & nut. I asked Dane if he wanted dessert and he declined.....

Well, I asked.

I didn't ask twice.

I ate 'em all. OMG ~ so good!!!

It's been a long while since I have had any sweets in the house. If there is sweet stuff in the house I know I'll eat it. So, I'm better off not making anything.

But those lovely little pastry cookies were absolutely delicious. And I'm glad I bought them.

287JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had the chicken ( Ugh ) from the store...I just heated and cooked it more on the grill covered with foil.

Tina. Gabe, and son Jimmy ate it, but I just had potatoes and cooked spinach like popeye the sailor.

Tina made a blueberry cake. Just took it out of the oven. Can't wait to eat some.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Ju9g

288JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Niagara Visitor

I've been away for a few days visiting a friend from B&B days in New Brunswick We had a lovely visit, I saw the amazing lupins that are in bloom right now. Didn't do much cooking but I got to be the first guest on their brand new pontoon boat. They are on a lake from which they go to the St. John River and from there they could go to the Atlantic and wherever!

Ooops, forgot about the huge snapping turtle that I met on their driveway. I was amazed at the length of that sucker's neck when I picked it up. I was only trying to move it from the driveway into the bush.

Tonight it was grilled sausages and a fabulous salad!

289JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:I've been away for a few days visiting a friend from B&B days in New Brunswick  We had a lovely visit, I saw the amazing lupins that are in bloom right now.  Didn't do much cooking but I got to be the first guest on their brand new pontoon boat.  They are on a lake from which they go to the St. John River and from there they could go to the Atlantic and wherever!

Ooops, forgot about the huge snapping turtle that I met on their driveway.  I was amazed at the length of that sucker's neck when I picked it up.  I was only trying to move it from the driveway into the bush.

Oh, those snappers are rascals. I remember we were up at a lake and mom was bitten by a snapper turtle on the big toe. He crabbed ahold, and wouldn't let go. No 

I love grilled sausages...sounds good.

290JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:41 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:Ooops, forgot about the huge snapping turtle that I met on their driveway. I was amazed at the length of that sucker's neck when I picked it up. I was only trying to move it from the driveway into the bush.

I had to laugh, NV, as I fully expected to see turtle soup on the menu!

291JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:50 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

It's funny but in summer, I'm just not as hungry as I normally am. Brian marinated some huge boneless chicken breasts yesterday in a citrus fresh thyme marinade. They were quite good. He also smoked some baked beans and though they're delicious, I skipped them and ate about a half of a chicken breast.

I asked him today if he minded if I cut up the rest of the smoked chicken breasts and made some cold chicken salad. Like me, it's one of his favorites, so he said to go for it. I mixed sour cream with some mayo (1 to 1), and seasoned it with salt, pepper, dill, grated lemon peel and a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice. I chilled that while I cut up the chicken, onion, green onion and celery (I like tons of celery). Once the mayo mix was cold and I adjusted the seasonings, I cut about 50 cold green seedless grapes in half and added them to the salad. The only thing I didn't have was sliced almonds, which I also like to add. Then I put the salad in the beer cooler to chill a couple of hours. Served it on romaine leaves with some of the romaine chopped up on top of the open leaves.

The salad really hit the spot -- so nice and cold on a hot day. I'm looking forward to sharing it with Brian for lunch tomorrow, as I know it won't last the day.

292JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:
The salad really hit the spot -- so nice and cold on a hot day.  I'm looking forward to sharing it with Brian for lunch tomorrow, as I know it won't last the day.

I'm with you, Crybaby ~ a nice cold chicken salad in the refrigerator! Usually when I have a small amount leftover that is what gets grabbed as the first thing that 'looks good' when either of us want a snack. The other thing that doesn't last long around here is potato salad.

I think the key is the large percentage of chopped celery in either one. That transforms it to something you want to chew on!

293JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol and I could not eat celery for the rest of my life & be fine with it.Only time I buy it or use it is in my plain ole good yellow potato salad.I got so tired of buying the whole thing,using 2 ribs then tossing the rest out. Now I buy pre cut.

294JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had the chicken ( Ugh ) from the store...I just heated and cooked it more on the grill covered with foil.

Tina. Gabe, and son Jimmy ate it, but I just had potatoes and cooked spinach like popeye the sailor.

Tina made a blueberry cake. Just took it out of the oven. Can't wait to eat some.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Ju9g

Jimmy that Tina cake looks awesome  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 3593629538 I have started to use my spring form pans for cakes too.I have dozen of them JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 2855670339 not counting the 3 that fell behind the dryer..I even gave my DD some.
I am fixin to make a Ricotta Blueberry cake.

295JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:42 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

DH and our roomie went to the beach yesterday and didn't get back till 5:30. I would like to go with them but 3 hours is my max and then I am bored. One of Katie's ex Playboy bunny friends posted a recipe for French Onion Soup Mac & Cheese. I thought I would give it a try and it was really good. It had gruyere, cheddar, mozzarella, caramelized onions and croutons. Even my DH, who does not like mac & cheese, thought it was really good.

296JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:It's funny but in summer, I'm just not as hungry as I normally am.  Brian marinated some huge boneless chicken breasts yesterday in a citrus fresh thyme marinade.  They were quite good.  He also smoked some baked beans and though they're delicious, I skipped them and ate about a half of a chicken breast.

I asked him today if he minded if I cut up the rest of the smoked chicken breasts and made some cold chicken salad.  Like me, it's one of his favorites, so he said to go for it.  I mixed sour cream with some mayo (1 to 1), and seasoned it with salt, pepper, dill, grated lemon peel and a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice.  I chilled that while I cut up the chicken, onion, green onion and celery (I like tons of celery).  Once the mayo mix was cold and I adjusted the seasonings, I cut about 50 cold green seedless grapes in half and added them to the salad.  The only thing I didn't have was sliced almonds, which I also like to add.  Then I put the salad in the beer cooler to chill a couple of hours.  Served it on romaine leaves with some of the romaine chopped up on top of the open leaves.

The salad really hit the spot -- so nice and cold on a hot day.  I'm looking forward to sharing it with Brian for lunch tomorrow, as I know it won't last the day.

Beer Cooler??? .... You have a Beer Cooler??? Where's the beer? hahahahahahah

297JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:lol and I could not eat celery for the rest of my life & be fine with it.Only time I buy it or use it is in my plain ole good yellow potato salad.I got so tired of buying the whole thing,using 2 ribs then tossing the rest out. Now I buy pre cut.

Barb..... we take the celery out of the plastic sock wrapper, and wrap it with foil, but leave the leaf end slightly open.
It stays crisp for three weeks in the crisper of the fridge.
Cabbage and lettuce and bell peppers, we do the same. You will be surprised how long they keep crisp.

298JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I put my celery in a large zip lock bag and it stays fine for several weeks. I wish green onions would do the same thing but they start to slime within a week.

299JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Last day of June.....Tina is going to make Breaded chicken cutlets.

French fries, and I guess canned corn.

Son Jimmy is stopping after work to eat.

They can knock themselves out eating it......I will make a tuna salad sandwich or something.

300JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I put my celery in a large zip lock bag and it stays fine for several weeks. I wish green onions would do the same thing but they start to slime within a week.

Foil wrapped green onions help to extend a few days, or I clean them, and keep them in a tall glass in water on the door of the fridge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum