Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda, that meal looks fit for a king.

I love the curved serving platters. "Round and Round We Go; Where we stop, nobody knows! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

well, the house smells good with two small Cast Iron pots of Halupkie cooking nice and slow in tomato sauce.

At least there is potato salad left over to go with the halupkies.

Asparagus for the veggie.

I cannot believe it is 4:45 ALREADY. Wow! Where did the day go?

I tripped and fell on my side and shoulder this morning while I was fighting with a 6 foot alligator.
I grabbed him, but while I bent his head back, he flipped away from me, and so I jumped to re grab him, but fell down. ( ALL THIS IN A DREAM THIS AM ) hahahahahahaha....Thank goodness no broken bones, but knee and shoulder hurts like heck. No  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673 

Barbara101

Barbara101

Cast Iron pots of Halupkie cooking nice and slow in tomato sauce.

I thought you could not cook tomato's in cast iron..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote: Cast Iron pots of Halupkie cooking nice and slow in tomato sauce.

I thought you could not cook tomato's in cast iron..

These are both enamel coated.
One is a le cresue whatever, and the other is a Denmark enamel coated one.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just woke up from a nap......tough life I lead.

I'm gonna run over and pick up Carside To Go ~ a nice Oriental Chicken Salad

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 1374264_10152249194955299_1380146682_n

I picked up asian food lol I do not like the sticky clumped up rice they make. It has been so long since I did that.I don't even remember.I do know that my homemade is usually better.

This was really really good.Bet I am hungry in a hour... geek

bethk

bethk
Admin

I do go pick up Asian food once in a while. I found a place that has good egg rolls and crab Rangoon ~ fried foods I hate to do at home. The house still smells like burned sweet potato fries from this noon....ewwww. I don't like when that happens. It sure would help if Dane could install a vented to the outside range hood instead of that dumb microwave with a fan that just blows the stink back in my face.

NormM

NormM

I took the kids out to eat today. I ordered a 'London Broil" steak. It turned out it was a fancy name for cube steak.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I do go pick up Asian food once in a while.  I found a place that has good egg rolls and crab Rangoon ~ fried foods I hate to do at home.  The house still smells like burned sweet potato fries from this noon....ewwww.  I don't like when that happens.  It sure would help if Dane could install a vented to the outside range hood instead of that dumb microwave with a fan that just blows the stink back in my face.

Beth...if the stove / microwave exhaust is on an outside wall, there should be no problem venting the thing.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth...LOL

Check this out! Does this remind you of someone?
Crude way to chop onions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVlbdap3L_s

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Beth...if the stove / microwave exhaust is on an outside wall, there should be no problem venting the thing.

Nah, of course it isn't.....he's gonna have to go up through the cabinets & the ceiling, into the attic and then connect with a roof vent. The wall behind the stove is block so it's only up and then out.

Naturally, I'll wait a while before whining about it ~ but it'll happen someday.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Beth...LOL

same way you hack a pie crust, isn't it?

Hahahahahahahaha!

lol! January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 1838020472 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Beth...LOL

same way you hack a pie crust, isn't it?

Hahahahahahahaha!

lol! January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 1838020472 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673 
 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673 
You get 5 stars for the correct answer.
Now pick up your prize and don't come back. January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2787578702 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hemin and hawin over here as to the big question....What to cook for tomorrow??

I had a serious discussion with me self, and I have thoughts of Macaroni and cheese. Tina makes it good with Land O Lakes cheese, butter and a little milk, and GD loves it.

I have some frozen fillet steaks and they are great, but being soooo cold out, we could forget grilling them outside.
Then I got the brainy Idea,"Why not grill them on the coleman portable BBQ Grill we have.
It's propane, and I could set it up on top the stove and use the exhaust hood to pull out the smoke.

That is the plan so far. Tina doesn't care for too much steak because it is hard for her to digest it, but I could throw on the porta-grill a burger just for her, and I have some frozen from the Omaha Steak Place that our friend Mary got us as a Christmas gift.  Very Happy   January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 512660330 

bethk

bethk
Admin

what a sad group we are....

here's Jimmy, up at midnight, plannin' on what he can cook after the sun is going down 15 hours later.....

lol

Barbara101

Barbara101

I bought 6 whole chickens @.89lb.Hate cutting them up.yuck & gross.

when I buy one or 2 overpriced ones at Publix I have them split.

while putting them in the freezer I had to move 2 big hams.Hummm ham. geek January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 3593629538 

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:what a sad group we are....

here's Jimmy, up at midnight, plannin' on what he can cook after the sun is going down 15 hours later.....

lol

I get that.. January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 4165659054 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 3470128989 

bethk

bethk
Admin

whole chickens at a great price....I'm jealous.

Ridiculous price here....like $1.39/lb. FOR WHOLE CHICKENS

I love putting on my gloves and cutting up a bunch of chickens. That's the day I make stock.....AND plan to have chicken wings on the grill. Hate spending over $2/lb on WINGS.

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:whole chickens at a great price....I'm jealous.

Ridiculous price here....like $1.39/lb.  FOR WHOLE CHICKENS

I love putting on my gloves and cutting up a bunch of chickens.  That's the day I make stock.....AND plan to have chicken wings on the grill.  Hate spending over $2/lb on WINGS.  

yeah I don't pay that for whole .I have bought some at Publix on a whim.Only because no one had them on sale.

Last time not to long ago, Food Lion had them (wings) for $1.99lb. I bought 3 huge trays of them.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK! .... Are the chicken girls finished?

I would like to eat my eggs without having to think of chickens! LOL

Uncle Tony Stopped eating eggs, when his sister put the eggs in the oven to hasten up the hatching. She went outside to play and forgot the eggs in the oven. The house stunk, and Uncle Tony opened the oven door, and there were the broken eggs, and all the chicks laying dead with their mouths open.
He said, "Look They are all happy because they are laughing!" .....It was then that he realized the chicken came from the egg.
With that, he never ate eggs. He did eat chicken though!!.... hahahahahahah

He was like only 6 or 7 at the time, and he was only here in America for 2 years.
He was definetely a "Green Horn!"

Barbara101

Barbara101

My Bro & I did not eat any chicken for years.Him longer then me.When we where little,maybe 6 or 7 IDK.My Grandad wrung the necks of our backyard chickens.It was a bloodbath  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 9 652761166 then when they wanted chicken for dinner my grandma would hunt the thing down,grab it ,chop its head off.That would flap all over the place.Man that is something that sticks in a kids head. No eating chicken for us.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, my sadistic uncles laughed like crazy when those headless chickens chased my brother and me around behind the garage....Grandma would have hit 'em with her broom if she knew they were choppin' off the heads in front of us kids.  She didn't like that nonsense of scaring children.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

When Tina lived with her Grandmother after the flood, there was a rooster that HATED Tina. He would wait for her to get out of school, and as she started across the field from the house, she would have to run like heck.
One day, she was outside after church, and it her church clothes. The darn rooster jumped on Tina's back, and spurred the heck out of her.

Well that Sunday, Grandma chopped his head off, and they ate him for supper.
Tina said she can remember yelling at that cooked rooster,"See See See...Grandma took care of you!"

bethk

bethk
Admin

and that's the truth...

only thing to do with a mean chicken is to eat 'em.

They're actually pretty intelligent birds, but they do decide they do not like certain people, for no known reason. I use to think it was the people who were afraid of birds until I saw a Bantam hen go after my dad every day. She was small but she made pretty good soup.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well.... The steaks are out for today. The portable grill is way way in the corner of the spare room downstairs, and it would take me 1 hour to move their _ _ it just to get to it.

SOoooo! Tina made a spinach soup with baby meatballs and we will have spinach ravioli with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum