Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have never had a New England boiled dinner before. I have heard of it but don't know much about it.

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy,
Clam bake is usually corn on the cob, clams, potatoes, etc....

My family's Boiled dinner (NE style)
Ham, potatoes, cabbage, carrots...oh, maybe a turnip..
Very similar to corned beef and cabbage..

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, maybe Mom substituted smoked sausage rings for the more expensive ham....

that makes sense, I guess.

thanks everyone for helping me clear this up

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have been wanting Mexican food.Aka Tex/Mex.

Got my avocado.
Got my rice.
Got my flour tortilla
Got refried beans..
enchilada sauce,cheese.No chips so I will make some.

No tacos in the wind either.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been hungry for a fajita type meal but it seems like I cannot convince myself to assemble all the separate items, well, that and the price of avacados lately ~ won't pay over $1 each. That's crazy.

Barbara101

Barbara101

yah they are $1 here too.Hass are the ones I buy.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 Loaded-Guacamole

Guacamole..

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 D1f493e1d738ca0d2de81918a80141fa

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 527542_10152188300930245_1409198884_n

Enchilada

Bugster2

Bugster2

Oh Yum! I am so craving Mexican food.

bethk

bethk
Admin

You should have made Spanish Rice.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (sorry, I just couldn't resist.....)

I made Barb's NOT favorite ~ Sesame Chicken with LOTS of sesame seeds.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 011414

Bugster2

Bugster2

Lasagna tonight with garlic bread. It is hot here today, 'bout 85°. I couldn't think of anything else to cook.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was hamburgers for supper. Tina made sliced and fried potatoes, and I had corn on the cob frozen in the husks, and wrapped in foil.. I threw them in warm water...shucked them, and boiled for 3 minutes. They were very good.

I took photos, but the image shack cant upload them because the file has been moved ?????

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 Loaded-Guacamole

Guacamole..

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 D1f493e1d738ca0d2de81918a80141fa

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 527542_10152188300930245_1409198884_n

Enchilada

Darn they look amazingly good. Ummmm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I fixed the upload file problem.
Here is the todays supper.
Now take note of how small the burgers are. I had to put two on my bun. They were flattened out and bigger than the bun when I started cooking them in the fry pan covered.
I removed the cover to flip them over, and My Eye's came out of my sockets when I saw how they shrunk, and the pan was full of boiling WATER.
Waterburgers!! :LOL\ I added chili sauce on mine, and would you believe we were out of ketchup.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 4k0a
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 65ap
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 Eem8
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 Ywfv

bethk

bethk
Admin

Baby Burgers ! Works great for a Ladies' Luncheon....not so sure for Jimmy's Supper ~ LOL

But you lost that burger under all the sauce!

The potatoes are how I like 'em....nice and crispy, like flat French fries.

Barbara101

Barbara101

hummm burgers , fries,  corn.. on the grill.Looks like my dinner plans are in. January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 3267860543    January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 512660330

We may be a small bunch here but our food fixin is great.. January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 2453703928 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boy, ain't that the truth?

Without you guys I'd probably just have oatmeal all week long!

You are all my inspiration!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Boy, ain't that the truth?

Without you guys I'd probably just have oatmeal all week long!

You are all my inspiration!

Yeah! They were supposed to be Beth Burgers, with a slice of onion on top, and ketchup.
I had to change to a fakeburger because we had not one drop of ketchup, and the onions ( I don't know where she got them ) were hard to chew.
They cook ok, but NOT to eat. I had to nibble on them on the side.
I had three ears of corn, and I cut them in half to Stretch em out, and Nobody wanted any. Tina had a small piece. I wound up devouring the rest.

I guess it's because I forgot to say,"Don't forget to leave room for corn!"

Today there came the Big Morning ? Question ? "What's fer supper!"

I said " Hows about a nice stew?" ... Tina's eyes gleamed.
She's on her way to the hair dressers, and on the way back, she will pick up Onions / carrots / and celery which we are all out of. She's picking up a nice Italian bread to sop up the gravy juices.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote: She's picking up a nice Italian bread to sop up the gravy juices.

That's the best part!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote: She's picking up a nice Italian bread to sop up the gravy juices.

That's the best part!

That's 1/2 of the best part!
The other 1/2 ..... is the butter atop the bread! hahahahaha

Barbara101

Barbara101

Boo hoo. Sad I have not had good Italian bread since I left Baltimore.  Crying or Very sad 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Boo hoo. Sad I have not had good Italian bread since I left Baltimore.   Crying or Very sad 

Brother used to live in Catonsville, and he would always be able to get good Italian Bread.
He brought us those Boboli from a friend in Baltimore City, and the guy was trying to market them. They were in a cardboard box when he would bring them to us.
Now the guy has a business. We used to make pizza's out of them.
When they first came out, they were just plain. Now they have different flavored ones and the cheese ones are great.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

16:47:05
OK... all is on track. Tina browned the beef cubes, and has the Stew cooking on the stove top.
It surely does smell good in this house.

Only thing, ( and I won't complain ) is she threw the celery in just cut in half.
The carrots too! ... The carrots are easy to cut smaller, but the celery, is a pain. I will probably have to use a knife to make it smaller. See....They don't eat the celery. I am a celery lover.
I guess when someone else takes the time to cook, it leaves no room to tell them how to cook or cut the ingredients. I'll just smile as I bite through the butter on the bread.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm having leftover NE Boiled Dinner....not my favorite thing, leftovers, but I'm not a whole lot hungry but I need to eat something so I don't wake up at 3:00 a.m. and think I need something to eat. So, no pics tonight.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 1098340_10153102041725385_650189175_n-1

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 1289969_10201344368745172_1638198756_n

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 1098340_10153102041725385_650189175_n-1

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 6 1289969_10201344368745172_1638198756_n

Gee Oh Gosh! ... Whata Big Bad Burger That Is. My Jaw is sore thinking about how I would get that bite in my mouth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum