Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pizza night tonight.
Everyone ... GD,, Friend Mary, and Tina, all loved it.

I liked it too.....

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 R7o5

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 Gkc5

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 0qfj

bethk

bethk
Admin

PERFECT pizza, Jimmy....just the right amount of sauce, great toppings...perfectly done crust.

yum!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:PERFECT pizza, Jimmy....just the right amount of sauce, great toppings...perfectly done crust.

yum!

Thanks Beth.

I was glad it came out as it did. Even though they were put together lat night, and in a 35º F refrigerator onernight until I took them out to come to room temperature at 5:00, The crust / dough still had raised as it t were proofed fresh and put together fresh.

The crust edges were crispy but edible. Not a bit stretchy and rubbery.

I had three girls as taste testers, and they said It Passed. As you can see,....Mary was enjoying the pizza so much, she kept her eyes closed to enhance the taste. And she has had some of the better pizza's growing up as a child in Manhattan N.Y.City.LOL

Tina made the sauce a few months ago, and it was so good, we froze it.
I used that, and the only thing was GD said,"Pops, a couple tomatoes didn't grind up huh?".... I told her,"See Grandma...she made the sauce!"
It was just tomato pieces that when crushed there were a few pieces.
See how fussy these kids are? ... PITA

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

New Day...Sunday 2014-01-12 14:30:03

No cooking tonight. Going to Sons For Supper. Beef Roast of some sorts.
I ate light today, and just had a English Muffin with whipped butter.

Tina did make a quick jar sauce and meatballs for GD for supper. She starts 5:30 P and works till 9:00P ...She is all bent out of shape, but still she has no room to cry because she ate lunch and is in her room laying around and taking it easy. She has 1 mile to drive to work, so I can't see making a mood out of it!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided on some pork country ribs for my supper - seared & then baked low & slow with half an onion, wedged, and some basalmic vinegar with about a tsp. of brown sugar to glaze it all. The pork came out fork tender and super yummy. I had the last of my butternut squash & some green beans. Oh, and a little dish of pickled red beets just for something cold.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 011214

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 430476_2974281269765_1332613175_n

leftover steak,limpy spinach,cauliflower souffle.

bethk

bethk
Admin

"limpy spinach"......don't think I've seen that word used as a description here before.

Barbara101

Barbara101

well now you have.I wanted spinach salad & had leftover . After a few days it looks bad & is limp ,aka limpy.

bethk

bethk
Admin

don't you just hate it when you have the opportunity to do a BOGO and get 2 bags of the baby spinach only to have the last half of the second bag get slimey in the package? I try to tell myself it's OK because I did get at least half a package for free.

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes & I had it on a sandwich lol Put some on the feta,spinach,artichoke pizza.Threw some in a omelet.Still had some leftover.
I don't usually just cook it plain.lol Now that is a thought. Razz 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I decided on some pork country ribs for my supper - seared & then baked low & slow with half an onion, wedged, and some basalmic vinegar with about a tsp. of brown sugar to glaze it all.  The pork came out fork tender and super yummy.  I had the last of my butternut squash & some green beans.  Oh, and a little dish of pickled red beets just for something cold.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 011214

Oh Boy!
Finger licking goodness there Beth! Yummmmm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had dinner at son Jimmy's Tonight.

Eye round steak sliced on the slicing machine / potatoes with a parmesan cream sauce. Massively good.
Green beans / peas / gravy / crescent dinner rolls.

Tina made a white vanilla cake with white buttercream icing made from scratch. I am so full. Just having a coffee as a snack.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Jimmy.. good pizzas..  Laughing 

Beth.. your dinner looks so yummy.. my kind of meal  Laughing 

we had fish taco today.. we bought frozen fried fish, I baked them until they were crispy.. I made some coleslaw.. so today no soup for Dirk

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 15-1

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 16-4

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Jimmy.. good pizzas..  Laughing 

Beth.. your dinner looks so yummy.. my kind of meal  Laughing 

we had fish taco today.. we bought frozen fried fish, I baked them until they were crispy.. I made some coleslaw.. so today no soup for Dirk

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 15-1

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 16-4

Looks good Imelda.
That fish batter looks scrumptious.  Wink 
I just had a snack. Tuna salad sandwich on soft white bread, and romaine lettuce. Chewing is not painful any more.
I hope Dirk is doing better. From the looks of the meal, it looks as if he is coming along! Thanks to God!

Tina is going to a pizza lunch up at the church tomorrow with all who helped wrap and sort gifts for the poor in the parish kids.
I am going to ask her to get me a sub sandwich at the new deli opened by the hospital. Ham and cheese and salami on a soft bun. I am not ready to eat crusty bread yet, but at least I can enjoy the sandwich. Umm. I cut small pieces and dip in rice wine vinegar and olive oil with Italian seasoning mixed in. I can't wait!! ....

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 User12629_pic5489_1368043175-1

bethk

bethk
Admin

wow.

I mean, WOW ~ WOW ~ WOW.

Gorgeous, and looks amazingly tasty.

is that a drizzle of basalmic glaze I see?

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes. Caprese pizza.  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 2825942945 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been hungry for what Mom use to call New England Boiled Dinner. I still don't have a clue what it has to do with New England but, hey, that's the name I use whenever I think of this meal.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 011314a

Mom used smoked sausage rings, like Echrich or Hillshire (were they both made in the 1960's?) but I prefer the now-available Johnsonville smoked beef brats for the fat and flavor. Gotta have potatoes, cabbage, onion, carrot and green beans. I'm already thinking the leftovers will make a superior hash to put a soft boiled egg on top of for a breakfast sometime this week.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 011314b

NormM

NormM

Looks really good.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

They look great Beth.
I think I had seen a New England Boiled Dinner before.
I think corn on the cobb and maybe clams and sausage and cabbage??? IDK.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, MAN! I forgot the corn!!!

Drat.

Short term loss memory sucks ~ especially at suppertime.

oh well, maybe another meal.

crap

(but thanks for remindin' me.....)

lol

NormM

NormM

I think traditionally a New England Boiled dinner is pot roast or brisket with carrots and cabbage and a Low Country Boil is with corn, shellfish and sausage.

Last edited by NormM on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

You heard of a New England Boiled Dinner?
Well this is a New Jersey Animal feed Dinner.

Meat loaf / broccoli / mashed taters / and potatoes with cheese,                    

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 0dz4
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 Cmnv
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 Ss9j

OK... What happened???
The meatloaf was delicious as far as taste, but the beef and pork I used, and especially the Pork, was course ground. Tina hit the first piece of pork fat.
I hit a few, and we both looked at each other, and said,"Outside to the animals!"

I came so very close to regrinding the pork, but I was in no mood to clean the grinder for just 1 lb of pork! LOL
Never again!!!

The piece shown is only 1/2 the size of the loaf. The other half was in another dish. The possums and raccoons will have a feast tonight. haaaaaaaa

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I think traditionally a New England Boiled dinner is roast beef or brisket with carrots and cabbage and a Low Country Boil is with corn, shellfish and sausage.

And a City Boil, is a can of Dintie Moore Stew!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 5 179242_1842111053587_1679717_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum