Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February 2021 - New winter ideas?

+3
Bugster2
bethk
Cookin Lore
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:25 pm

Cookin Lore

"Fished out" a rainbow trout from my freezer, gotta do something with it today. Will see what poppes up.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

77February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

On my way to drive to Orlando to get my first COVID 19 vaccination.

Planning to do a bunch of shopping as long as I'm there.....Costco, Trader Joe's, Asian Market & Whole Foods.....Woo Hoo!

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

78February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:21 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Lucky you! Hope you don't come home with any virus. Double mask. Got my shot yesterday. Today all I have is a sore arm.

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

79February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am trying to figure out how to store my dishtowels, dishrags and pot holders. I have a lot because I change them every day. My kitchen drawers are small and shallow. My Ove Gloves take up a lot of room. Got any ideas?

80February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Roulades' plus ,Chicken soup with fine egg noodles.

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Roulad10

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add Picture)

bethk likes this post

81February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Cookin Lore

[quote="Bugster2"]I am trying to figure out how to store my dishtowels, dishrags and pot holders. I have a lot because I change them every day. My kitchen drawers are small and shallow. My Ove Gloves take up a lot of room. Got any ideas?[/quote

If you change them every day, where do you take the soiled ones? Is there room where those go to store the clean, unused ones.? You know, bring a dirty one, take a clean one! Now that would only be for the dishtowels and rags, pot holders have to be where you use them.

bethk likes this post

82February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:07 pm

Cookin Lore

I made my rainbow trout by poaching it. Good, but a lot of work. I sent a picture and more info to Beth.............. Thanks for posting, Beth!

bethk likes this post

83February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I am trying to figure out how to store my dishtowels, dishrags and pot holders. I have a lot because I change them every day. My kitchen drawers are small and shallow. My Ove Gloves take up a lot of room. Got any ideas?[/quote

If you change them every day, where do you take the soiled ones?  Is there room where those go to store the clean, unused ones.? You know, bring a dirty one, take a clean one!  Now that would only be for the dishtowels and rags, pot holders have to be where you use them.  

I take the dirty towels upstairs to the laundry room. I guess I should do some more purging to make room for them in the kitchen.

84February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I am trying to figure out how to store my dishtowels, dishrags and pot holders. I have a lot because I change them every day. My kitchen drawers are small and shallow. My Ove Gloves take up a lot of room. Got any ideas?

We have one whole drawer dedicated to dish towels in the kitchen.
In the bathroom, we use white wash clothes rolled up and in a basket on back of the toilet tank. That way, we all wipe our hands and throw them into a white plastic trash basket; and then Tina washes them separately and bleaches them also.
I hate wiping on an ""everybody towel!""

85February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:09 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My drawers are so small I finally put up some hooks inside the cabinet doors to hold the pot holders. That will free up some space. Naturally, as I had the drawer open, the kitten got in it and decided to take a bath. It is getting big,

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

86February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:34 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:I made my rainbow trout by poaching it.  Good, but a lot of work.  I sent a picture and more info to Beth.............. Thanks for posting, Beth!

"Tonight. Poached rainbow trout and lentils with peppers, parsley, snap peas.
Trout was good but I made a poaching liquid for which I chopped an onion, garlic, carrots, celery, then used 3 cups of white wine, water, bay leaf, fresh parsley and thyme. Simmered that for an hour, then strained it, then simmered the clear liquid some more. Then the trout went into it for about an hour while it cooled down. Taste was good, but I think poaching the fish in chicken stock would have been just as good. Should have had the wine in my glass instead! Lol"

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 02_13_11

(And, you're very welcome, Lore! I don't mind doing the posting for you at all.....even if it's a few hours late!)

bethk and NormM like this post

87February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I got my first COVID vaccination yesterday ~ nothing more than a bit of a sore arm this morning. Actually, a flu shot gives me much more of a reaction: swollen, red, hot at site of injection. The vaccine is just a bit sore if I touch or brush against the spot. I'm just happy my arm didn't fall off or getting a huge itchy rash all over my body. So, yes, I will be going to get my second injection in 28 days.

We ended up going to Costco for some prime beef ribeye steaks (amazing looking, can't wait to grill one), then off to Whole Foods to check out the produce and I picked up a loaf of their seedsation bread ~ a favorite of mine to toast for my breakfast to have with a cup of coffee. I ask them to slice the loaf for me and then when I get home I wrap a couple slices in plastic wrap and stick them back into the plastic wrapper. Then, when I freeze the loaf I can pull out just a couple slices to toast up and the rest stays good for up to 6 months.

Finally, we ended up at Trader Joe's. There's always something good there. I found some Jazz apples (I think they come from New Zealand and are crisp & sweet), tri-color carrots (so much fun!), some of their basmati rice, marinara sauce, pickled red beets (recommended by DD#1) and.....best of all......they had fresh cut pussy willow branches ~ FULL of fuzzy little buds. I've had a few branches in a vase that I bought when we first moved here....12 years ago. A couple times a year I have to take them outside and try to 'dust' 'em off a bit ~ but so many of the fuzzy bits have fallen off it now looks more like just sticks in a vase. LOL

By the time we were finished at Trader Joe's we knew it was time to go get something to eat. We tried the restaurant next to TJ's, Slate, which we both enjoy a lot. But they were completely booked. OK, we thought, we'll call Seasons 52, which is another fav, and were told they were also booked but to feel free to check the bar area to see if any spots were available. Then it dawned on us ~ it was February 13th....Valentine's Day Date Night! OF COURSE every restaurant was booked solid. But, just on chance, we drove the couple blocks to Seasons 52 and Lyn went in to scope out the bar ~ she texted me: "Two seats at the bar!!" so I parked the car and went in.

So, we were able to have a drink and a small dinner at the bar ~ lots of space between the seating there (at least 8' from us to the next two chairs at the bar). The food is always so good there. When we were full and starting to tire out it was time to make the hour drive home.....

88February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

We still can't dine inside here.

89February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm

JanaAZ

Bugster2 wrote:I am trying to figure out how to store my dishtowels, dishrags and pot holders. I have a lot because I change them every day. My kitchen drawers are small and shallow. My Ove Gloves take up a lot of room. Got any ideas?

I fold them the “married kondo” way And they fit I. A shallow drawer

90February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's leftovers and Candy day.
"Happy Valentines Day Everyone!"

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

91February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Cookin Lore

JanaAZ wrote:

OK, I am intrigued.................. what is the married kondo way?

92February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a chicken breast cut into chunks to brown up and then add some sauce to.....a yellow & green zucchini & half an onion to saute and a nice garnet sweet potato to share.

All went well until I cut the sweet potato in half to share and found that it was black in the inside ~ nothing was going to convince me to eat THAT!

So, supper was chicken chunks and zucchini ~ HE got a tiny bit of warmed up leftover noodles that were in the refrigerator.

(( I'll survive, believe me......LOL ))

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 02_14_20

93February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:52 pm

NormM

NormM

This is the second day in a row that I made this recipe. Yesterday's batch ended up in the trash because I accidentally filled the sugar canister with salt. We couldn't eat it. Charlie ordered sushi delivered. Fortunately I had another package to try again.

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 20210211

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

94February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:03 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:
JanaAZ wrote:

It is Marie Kondo. She is an Asian author who wrote a book on how to de-clutter. She is too much of a minimalist for me. Her dishtowels are folded and then rolled and put in a drawer. Not my style.

95February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:This is the second day in a row that I made this recipe. Yesterday's batch ended up in the trash because I accidentally filled the sugar canister with salt.  We couldn't eat it. Charlie ordered sushi delivered.  Fortunately I had another package to try again.

OMG! That must have been a huge surprise!

But, hey, $hit happens to all of us at one time or another.......

Tonight's chicken wings look pretty tasty!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

96February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:
Cookin Lore wrote:
JanaAZ wrote:

It is Marie Kondo. She is an Asian author who wrote a book on how to de-clutter. She is too much of a minimalist for me. Her dishtowels are folded and then rolled and put in a drawer. Not my style.

Oh, I've read about her. But first folding and then rolling towels? That doesn't save space in my opinion. She's probably made a gazillion dollars telling people what is just plain common sense in most cases. But, common sense isn't very common any more, right?

97February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:This is the second day in a row that I made this recipe. Yesterday's batch ended up in the trash because I accidentally filled the sugar canister with salt.  We couldn't eat it. Charlie ordered sushi delivered.  Fortunately I had another package to try again.

"Hey Norm,...........don't forget....Walk like a penguin!" I see you got some ice in Kansas.

98February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:13 pm

NormM

NormM

Ice and snow, Jimmy. My car is AWD and it was still skidding and slipping around today.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

99February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:19 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

My sister in-law gave us a jar of Jamaican Jerk, today I rubbed some pork chops and grilled them on the wood fire, it was good, good enough for us to enjoy the chops, we have the mild one, but it's a bit too spicy for whom can't handle spicy food, so I rubbed a couple of chops with lemon pepper for my MiL

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 6cdb7110

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 15071811

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

100February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 4 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Cookin Lore

Winter storm warning today, snow starting, so I think it's a good day for cooking. I seem to have over purchased bell peppers last week, so stuffed peppers it is. I bought some pre-made burger patties a while ago, don't like them, but I think converted to the pepper filling they will be just fine. Time to become creative.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum