Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather?

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Cookin Lore

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:It was cod in a butter wine sauce with a salad, and cauliflower.

Please tell me about the sauce! Did cod in milk last night and I was not impressed with myself!

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cookin Lore wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:It was cod in a butter wine sauce with a salad, and cauliflower.

Please tell me about the sauce! Did cod in milk last night and I was not impressed with myself!

I fry the cod ( fillet ) just to brown slightly, in a little cooking oil; then add a few pats of butter, lemon juice or powder, and a 1/2 cup white wine. I keep basting the last 30 minutes or so. A pinch of hungarian red sweet paprika just before serving.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Sounds good, thanks, that's actually basically how I do other fish also. Except, the wine, I like my wine in the glass! LOL

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a pot roast in the oven.........all afternoon................it smells SO GOOD !!!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:You get better suggestions from your son than I get from Dane!  When I ask HIM what he'd like I usually get an answer like, "I don't know." or "Whatever you feel like cooking....."

Or, worse yet, he'll suggest 'Mexican', which is my absolute LEAST FAVORITE meal to fix.  Just don't care for it.

I finally bought an OXO Spiralizer......been thinking of getting one for years.  I just didn't want yet another 'thing' to take up space in my cabinets.  But, I did it anyway.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_18_11

I looked up the OXO spiralizer, and it's definitely not like mine. I bought mine from an infomercial on the net, it's a food processor with a spiralizer feature. I should start a catering company to use it!

Now, regarding suggestions for dinner, what I did one year just for fun and because my hubby also used to say for me to make whatever I wanted "It always tastes good" So, I looked at what I had on hand, and figured out what meals I could make for the next week or so, wrote dishes on pieces of paper, and had him pick one, sight unseen, out of a bowl, and that's what I'd make that day. We did that for a while and then sort of got tired of it.

Chicken and scallopped potatoes I took to son's house were a resounding success. Enough for leftovers tomorrow. Their house is beautiful with everything freshly painted. I am very happy that I get the chance not only to see my children, but that they also love what I cook.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

For some reason my iphone isn't cooperating with emailing my supper picture to my account.....sometimes I hate technology ~ when it doesn't work!!!

But, it's the same meal you've seen a hundred times before.  LOL

My phone decided it wanted to prove I was ME......had to enter my email password (again).......

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_20_12

Last edited by bethk on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We both started with a salad from BK.
I then continued on to some mussels that Mia cooked.
########################################

Today was Dr day at 9 am where I had some vein repairs and endovenous ablation. It went well; not like last time where my veins went into a spasm.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

I have a small prime rib roast defrosting for tonight. Only two ribs, they were on special a while ago, so I bought one. Wish I would have cut it into two steaks first, but left over prime rib is never a bad thing, right? I will probably throw in some root veggies for the last while just in the pan.

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight......Jim called, it's his birthday and he wants to go out.

How could we turn him down?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pork steaks .....Tina cooked.

Braised slowly ....
November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 Pork_s10

Admin and bethk like this post

Cookin Lore

My small prime rib roast turned out great!  I did a potato, cut into chunks, and some delicata squash also in the oven.  Sent two pictures to Beth.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_20_10

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_20_11

(TaDa! Like 'magic' the pictures appear!!!)

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Cookin Lore wrote:My small prime rib roast turned out great!  I did a potato, cut into chunks, and some delicata squash also in the oven.  Sent two pictures to Beth.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_20_10

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_20_11

(TaDa!  Like 'magic' the pictures appear!!!)

Thanks, again, Beth. The vegetables look a little overdone, they were nicely crisp. Roast seems to look a little grey here, but it is perfectly done, a little pink in the middle. Well worth the $$$ I did it in the reverse sear method, low and slow first at 225 for about two hours, then cranked it up to 475 to sear. There's leftovers for a couple of great sandwiches and another full meal. Roast was about $15. which is a really good price here. I love beef! The white on my plate is ALWAYS horseradish. LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had the leftover sweet & sour pork I had planned to reheat last night before Jim asked us to go out with him.....

I forgot I took pictures at the Bamboo Bistro last night.

Dane had half a crispy duck

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_20_13

I had the Bamboo Bistro Seafood Delight......

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_20_14

Bugster2

Bugster2

Your meals look really good.

I made some herb stuffing bread yesterday. I put the loaves in a jumbo zip lock bag. Katie wanted a taste but couldn't figure out how to get the loaves out of the bag without touching them. Joe and I didn't volunteer to do it for her so she never got a sample. Have you ever known people who won't touch certain types of food? She can't stand to have mayo or butter on her hands either. She won't touch raw poultry, meat or fish. Really strange. No wonder she can't cook.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:

She can't stand to have mayo or butter on her hands either.

So right there is your answer to Katie eating all your 'treats'........Slap some mayo or butter just inside a large zip bag, insert your package of cookies or candies or whatever and zip the bag shut.  

Problem solved.

LOL

Cookin Lore

Yes, I had a secretary who couldn't/wouldn't touch peas. She started to gag when she saw them.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:Yes, I had a secretary who couldn't/wouldn't touch peas. She started to gag when she saw them.  

I have a friend who gags at anything that has to do with flatulence. You can't even say fart without her getting sick. I gag when I see maggots. I can't tolerate them at all.

Cookin Lore

I could never have a dog in the city. Can't pick up! LOL we taught our farm dogs to go into the bush where it pretty well stayed to fertilize! LOL

Cookin Lore

Found a stuffed acorn squash and a stuffed pepper in my freezer, from when I did them a couple of weeks ago for my son and DIL. So, it's leftovers for me today.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Every year my sister gets together with a group of friends for dinner. They all wear the tackiest, ugliest Christmas dresses and jewelry they can find. They have a contest to see who is wearing the ugliest dress. The winner gets her dinner paid for. This year they have to eat outside and it's freezing in San Francisco. She is going to have to find some ugly winter/Christmas clothes to wear. She said Target has some really ugly Christmas clothes and the best Christmas jewelry can be found at the checkout counter in a hardware store. LOL.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had leftovers again tonight ~ but at least it was leftovers morphed into a 'different' meal. This one I can deal with since it's not an identical meal to the original.

Hot roast beef sandwiches made from the pot roast.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 11_22_17

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had tri tip with terrible corn on the cob and even worse Noodle Roni.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Roy Rogers roast beef sandwiches and French fries...

( not shown )

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 Ror_ro11
November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 Roy_ro11
November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 6 Roy_ro10

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhh, Jimmy! REAL Roy Rogers beef sandwiches!

I can remember the very first Arby's Roast Beef store in Toledo. It was such a treat to go and get a sandwich there ~ loved the sauce they had, too.

Then, when they changed to the 'Parts-is-parts' pressed beef it was horrible and never went back.

You could have let the neighborhood know what you were making and they would have been lined up at the door!

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have never heard of Roy Rogers beef. I know Arby's and their mystery meat. Won't eat there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum