Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather?

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our temperatures have changed (for the better, I might add....) to the mid 70's ~ absolutely beautiful here this time of the year. For those who have snow (UGH!) may it always be beautiful and not cause for any slippery problems!

I'm off to the store to check out the weekend sale on proteins ~ hoping a slow walk-through will give me inspiration for something different.

Wish me luck!

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lore's picture of her LASAGNA !!

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? 11_01_10

(Looks good to me!)

Cookin Lore

Thanks again, Beth. I had half of the one in the square container and it was a lot. I will be eating lasagna for a long time, but it freezes well, so no problem. Decided to make it in smaller batches, so I can freeze it in the containers it was made in. Son and Daughter-i-law will get the loaf pan. The rest is for me.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nothing was particularly inspiring at the grocery store this morning.....but brats were on sale. So, grilled brats, baked sweet potato & green beans with bacon & onion.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? 11_01_11

Bugster2

Bugster2

Leftover lasagna for us. I don't feel like cooking. I am not feeling well. I hope it isn't Covid.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Leftover lasagna for us. I don't feel like cooking. I am not feeling well. I hope it isn't Covid.

Take it easy for a couple days and hopefully you'll be feeling good soon.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

FEEL BETTER DEB.

No clue for supper. Maybe some soup ???

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got a chicken breast out thawing.....haven't decided what to make yet.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I ended up making chicken parm and tossed a small salad. It went over well.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? 11_02_11

Cookin Lore

Leftovers for me tonight. I am sooooo bad at keeping track of those, but had a container of very nice roast pork that I found in my freezer. So, I put on some sauerkraut, stuck it in the oven, and just a few minutes ago put some baby potatoes in for baking with it. It smells great in here.

I think the older I get, the more German I seem to become............... I mean, pork, sauerkraut and potatoes? LOL

Cookin Lore

One more post here for me tonight. I just want to tell you, my American friends here I am not a praying person, But I wish you all the best at this very difficult time. My daughter-in-law is from South Dakota, so your election has been very important for me. I wish you all THE BEST. You know what they say about Canada living next to The US.......................... It's like sleeping with an elephant on the other side of the bed. Hopefully that elephant doesn't roll over us!

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Broccoli cheddar soup. A salad from Wendy's. 10 grain bread to sop up the soup.

bethk likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thanks Lore. Yes this election will be interesting. The National Guard, military , police are on alert. Buildings boarded up, streets blocked off. If there is trouble, I wonder who is going to be in the middle of it.

Jimmy, your soup sounds great. I think we will have the same this week.

bethk

bethk
Admin

The first thing I saw in the freezer this morning was the bag 'o burgers......so that's what's for supper.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? 11_03_13

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Burger King cooked tonight.
A double burger.... fries.... onion rings, and a garden salad saved for tomorrow.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lore wrote, "Tonight. A dozen of the biggest scallops I have ever had and a salad of romaine, red pepper, tomato, cucumber, radish, onion and feta. Scallops sautéed in butter with some Cajun seasoning on top. I love scallops!"

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? 11_03_14

bethk

bethk
Admin

Salmon & grouper out of the freezer to thaw for supper.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina went for lunch with her friend. She brought me an egg Mcmuffin for lunch / brunch.
No clue whats for supper but...... ooops! I see a can of salmon on the counter.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked Lyn up to go clothes shopping with me in Ocala. I hate shopping for clothes ~ but sometimes you just have to. I did end up finding 5 pairs of capris and a top. The colors this fall are about as dull as possible for old women with grey hair....and pale skin.....and overweight (well, the colors don't affect the weight but nothing seems to look good on fat women.....).

When I got home I ended up slicing my grouper filet in half ~ it was close to 10 oz. and way too much for me to eat. But I figured Dane might have it after he ate his 8 oz. salmon.....and he did. He was hungry, to be sure.

I've got one more grouper filet in the freezer and then it'll be time to make another run to the fish market in Homosassa or Crystal River. Nothing in the local stores comes close to comparing to the flavor and freshness that a 1 hour drive gives me. It's worth the drive and the price to get something we want to eat.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? 11_04_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had salmon patties, asparagus, and a garden salad.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Not food related! I HATE APPLE! nOT THE EDIBLE ONES, BUT THE TECHNOLOGY. Plugged my iPhone in last night. When I tried to check the weather, a stupid thing popped up telling me that it's been updated, gave me what seems to be a whole encyclopedia's worth of c'rap, told me to put in a security code, and now it has been "updating" for the last 45 minutes.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:Not food related!  I HATE APPLE! nOT THE EDIBLE ONES, BUT THE TECHNOLOGY.  Plugged my iPhone in last night.  When I tried to check the weather, a stupid thing popped up telling me that it's been updated, gave me what seems to be a whole encyclopedia's worth of c'rap, told me to put in a security code, and now it has been "updating" for the last 45 minutes.

Happened to me, too.

Drives me nuts ~ I had originally been set up for 'fingerprint' security. Unfortunately, the older I get the less fingerprint I have. I finally had to go to the Verizon (my carrier) and asked the 12 year old at the desk to disable the feature for me. I swear I can always hear them 'sigh' when I enter the store.

bet they couldn't dial a black desk phone if their life depended on it~LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm going through the issues now. I allowed the update, and now I need a code to open the phone. i phone 10. I don't want that feature. They said it's for security. ...... BS! Evil or Very Mad Mad

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight......Dane's going out with 'the guys'.......

((can you tell how upset I am?     ~~NOT !!!~~ ))

LOL

Cookin Lore

Mine is an iPhone 10 also. Saw something on the net the other day which basically said "When your children/grand children roll their eyes because they have to repeat whatever you've asked the about computers/technology. Remind them that you had to teach them to wipe their behind!" LOL

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Bugster2 like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum