Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?"

+4
cookingirl
Bugster2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 11]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane was in charge of coming up with an idea for supper......it's not forthcoming so I'm thinking we'll be having leftovers.

Actually, I saw a video of Jacques making a crispy 'rice cake' with leftover rice in a nonstick pan. I'm thinking that might be interesting to top with leftover stir fry instead of just reheating the white rice.

Maybe not.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

Cookin Lore

Cookin Lore wrote:Well, the "Plan C" with the pork roast I had in the oven has turned into plan "D" for tonight's dinner.  The roast is delicious, but the bone in it was so big, it was hard to slice.  So, I had a lot of bits and pieces.  Some big enough that I have put them in the freezer to figure out what to do later.  

Then I figured, why not make a goulash out of the pork.............. I had a humungous portobello, chopped that up, sauteed that and a big onion, added some beef broth and then the pork pieces.  It was OK, but needed a little more flavour.  So, I tasted the bit of very overcooked sauerkraut that had been on the bottom of the roasting pan, put some of that along with the pan drippings into the pot, and voila!  I have invented a new dish!  Then I called 87 year old uncle and asked him to come for dinner.  He's great at trying out my experiments.  He's just happy if he doesn't have to cook! LOL  I will put some potatoes in the oven to bake.  

Can't resist but to brag a little here. Uncle Ernie (and his son Dennis) were here last night. I told them that they were here to taste an experiment................ I got a text a few minutes ago. "We just wanted to thank you again for the lovely dinner last night, and to tell you to please keep us in mind the next time you need some guinea pigs to try something new!"

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Reason enough, Lore, to scroll through the different websites and pick & choose a few to try out.

Worse case scenario, you end up ordering pizza.....

And I'll bet they would still love it!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, watching a video of Jacques making a crispy rice cake with eggs on top SEEMED easy enough.....

But I couldn't get it flipped in one piece.

But my eggs DID cook properly on top and it really was quite tasty for a 'left over' dinner. Dane ended up making a Greek Salad with leftover chicken fingers. So we were both satisfied.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_14_10

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_14_11

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had two bowls of garden salad. haha Another thing Tina made it for yesterday's Turkey dinner, but also was forgotten in the refrigerator.
DD made pumpkin soup. It was good.

Tina had stomach issues, and had spaghettios from the can.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Reason enough, Lore, to scroll through the different websites and pick & choose a few to try out.

Worse case scenario, you end up ordering pizza.....

And I'll bet they would still love it!

Yes, it's always nice to make something for people who really appreciate food, and are willing to try basically anything. Dennis has worked in some of the best restaurants in New York, Melbourne (Australia) and Toronto.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beef Barley Soup cooking on the stove top. That's it so far.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm on a Jacques kick lately ~ been watching videos on Facebook and Youtube.

So tonight the crispy skin chicken thighs are compliments of 'My Man, Jacques'.....LOL

Made butter steamed baby potatoes and Penzey seasoned green beans to go with the chicken.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_15_11

Bugster2

Bugster2

No dinner tonight. Joe had 3 eggs on English muffins with bacon and cheese.

Our main cable box is out and we won't have TV for 3 days until the repairman comes. I guess we will have to watch DVDs. I miss the news though.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:No dinner tonight. Joe had 3 eggs on English muffins with bacon and cheese.

Our main cable box is out and we won't have TV for 3 days until the repairman comes. I guess we will have to watch DVDs. I miss the news though.

Check watching on line for news....etc.

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Well, watching a video of Jacques making a crispy rice cake with eggs on top SEEMED easy enough.....

But I couldn't get it flipped in one piece.

But my eggs DID cook properly on top and it really was quite tasty for a 'left over' dinner.  Dane ended up making a Greek Salad with leftover chicken fingers.  So we were both satisfied.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_14_10

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_14_11

My husband did'n like pasta/noodle dishes. But, he loved leftover pasta, fried up the next day, and a couple of eggs on top. Never tried it with rice.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had the beef soup. I'm in the doghouse now, because I said I didn't like it; I don't like the beef base that Tina used. It tasted like burnt iron.

bethk likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Last night we were having fits watching the show called something like Buying Mega Mansions. There was this middle eastern couple: he had long hair, a thousand dollar haircut and dressed in all black, she was tall and slender, probably 20 years his junior. They pull up in a Rolls Royce SUV. The first house they look at is in Beverly Hills, 10,000 sq/ft, $10M dollars. The second is 30,000 sq/ft @ $72M dollars. They couldn't choose so they bought both and also wanted a third home. Must have been oil money.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I usually just snack at lunch but today I was in the refrigerator and saw the container of leftover pot roast & gravy......and ALL I could think of was having a hot roast beef sandwich for my lunch. I had to pull a couple slices of bread out of the freezer ~ I think I've mentioned I wrap every 2 slices in plastic wrap and replace in the bread wrapper before freezing ~ and it thawed out as the beef and gravy was slowly coming to a bubble in a small skillet.

Dane said, "I can't believe you're eating that without reminding me before I made my salad......"

He can have HIS sandwich tomorrow now that he's smelled it in the air today.

Anyway, my lunch was exactly what my mouth was hungry for:

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_16_11

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:Last night we were having fits watching the show called something like Buying Mega Mansions. There was this middle eastern couple: he had long hair, a thousand dollar haircut and dressed in all black, she was tall and slender, probably 20 years his junior. They pull up in a Rolls Royce SUV. The first house they look at is in Beverly Hills, 10,000 sq/ft, $10M dollars. The second is 30,000 sq/ft @ $72M dollars. They couldn't choose so they bought both and also wanted a third home. Must have been oil money.

Poor babies, what a choice to have to make! LOL I have about 1100 sq. ft, and sometimes I think it's too much! Smile Smile Smile Smile

bethk

bethk
Admin

I watched the news this morning, concentrating on the forecast for rain.....they said we would get rain around 6 p.m. The forecast was off by about 55 minutes ~ it started about 5:05 p.m.......just as I was taking the ribeye off the charcoal! Woo Hoo!!!

Dane went so far as to open his big golf umbrella, "just-in-case" but we got the steak in just before the downpour started. By the time we were done eating it was down to a sprinkle ~ but we got a good 1/2" or more in that half hour.

I fried up last night's leftover potatoes with some chopped onion and made some peas & carrots ~ for the color.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_16_12

NormM

NormM

I made some Korean style baby back ribs today and yesterday made Aprocot chicken but didn't take any pictures of it."See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 20200915
"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 20200916

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Question: Does anyone else click on the pics of our food to enlarge to see detail?

I just noticed, when I do that, there is a place to 'click' ~ ~ "Report this as offensive/adult content"

The only thing I ever enlarge is food photos......hahahahahahahaha!

........and the only offensive part is the total number of calories on my plate!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Question:  Does anyone else click on the pics of our food to enlarge to see detail?

I just noticed, when I do that, there is a place to 'click' ~ ~ "Report this as offensive/adult content"

The only thing I ever enlarge is food photos......hahahahahahahaha!

........and the only offensive part is the total number of calories on my plate!

Those baby back ribs Norm made, surely made me hungrier when I enlarged the pic.

bethk and NormM like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti and Meatballs today....
Tina cooked

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 Img_2015

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's a some meatballs!, Jimmy.

And when I enlarged the pic I could tell you had shaved cheese on top......

Cool.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That's a some meatballs!, Jimmy.

And when I enlarged the pic I could tell you had shaved cheese on top......

Cool.

Yep!.... shaved locatelli romano.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

Bugster2 wrote:It has been under 90 all week and in the 60's at night. We can sleep without sweating but this weekend it is going to shoot back up into the 100's.

Do you think Halloween will cancelled this year?

Got to go back to the store and buy something to eat since my freezer was cleaned out yesterday. I bought a stick-on child lock that will make sure I close the freezer door tightly. Hopefully, it will solve the problem.

Our freezer has a built in lock. We never used it until,I accidentally didn’t close it properly. Now I use it all the time. Problem solved

bethk

bethk
Admin

Didn't know what I wanted for supper.....then decided I want to make an Oriental Chicken Salad one of these nights. And that led to the decision to pick up a rotisserie chicken at Wal Mart.....best value in town! I baked off the kabocha squash I got when I was in Orlando. And just to keep HIM happy I made lima beans.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_17_10

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 6 09_17_11

Bugster2

Bugster2

JanaAZ wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:It has been under 90 all week and in the 60's at night. We can sleep without sweating but this weekend it is going to shoot back up into the 100's.

Do you think Halloween will cancelled this year?

Got to go back to the store and buy something to eat since my freezer was cleaned out yesterday. I bought a stick-on child lock that will make sure I close the freezer door tightly. Hopefully, it will solve the problem.

Our freezer has a built in lock. We never used it until,I accidentally didn’t close it properly. Now I use it all the time. Problem solved

The lock seems to be working.

I am so over-dosed on tech issues I am cross-eyed today. It started with 2 hours with tech support on my computer, then it was setting up Joe's Motortrend TV, then Katie's Roku and our cable guy who replaced two boxes, reset the router and told us to buy a plug strip with coaxial connections. Enough already!

Hot dogs for dinner. I was too tired to cook.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum