Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?

+3
bethk
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

NormM

NormM

Sorry to hear about your hand Debbie.  I fell on some ice last Feb. and probably cracked a bone in my elbow.  My arm movement was limited for 4 or 5 months.   One time I took the covers off of a couch and washed them.  They never fit again.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Niagara Visitor

Oh dear! I've had a lot of fractures, so far none in the hand! Take care of yourself.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

DD made fettuccine Alfredo tonight. A whole pound of it.

I had two plates with hot sauce splashed on it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Boy Oh Boy..... Debbie, you've got to slow down. We can't have you out of commission.

Everyone is hurting.

Here too. Tina is having a bad day. her arm and hand is swollen.
She is always in a rush.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here are the pics from supper. I just hit a wrong key and lost all I had written......I'm too tired to do it over tonight!

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_11

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_12

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_13

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Here are the pics from supper.  I just hit a wrong key and lost all I had written......I'm too tired to do it over tonight!

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_11

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_12

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_13

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_11_14

Looks mighty delicious there Beth.

Bugster2

Bugster2

i didn't realize how helpless i would be without use of my hand.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:i didn't realize how helpless i would be without use of my hand.

Believe me Debbie, I know what you are going through from Christine's disability using her right dominant hand, and now, the left hand with the same RSD.
All because they didn't use a nerve block during the shoulder surgery. No

She has a heck of a time dressing. 9 out of 10 times, I have to help her.

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, I'm home from my hair appointment......time to bore you with my rib cap steak experience. I was glad Norm had shared his cooking method because I used his as my guideline!

I let the steaks come to room temperature (as I usually do), dried them well (I had salted them when I was thawing them in the refrigerator to pull some of the surface moisture out of the tissue) and then did just a very tiny pat of olive oil so they wouldn't stick to the grill grates. I seared them well on both sides and then turned off all the burners of the grill except one so it would hold temperature and put the steaks in a cast iron skillet to 'roast' until done ~ I pull them at 110° - 115° and then rest, in the skillet, lightly covered with foil, for about 10 minutes.

I didn't know Dane's brother, Cristian and his wife, Debbie, were going to stop to visit with Robin and Jake so it was great timing on their part to share in a pretty darn good dinner! I mean, it's not every day I have 'PRIME' beef on the menu!

I made the Southern Creamed Corn we like so well, simply boiled carrots & baked sweet & white potatoes. I had to make a quick run to the local WinnDixie to get some more gatorade for Jake so I picked up a little chocolate 'Baby Cake' for dessert. It all worked out perfectly ~ NO LEFTOVERS!

Today we're going to go to visit with his sister, Cheryle, and take her out to eat. So there'll be no cooking here.

The visit with Robin and Jake is going really well. They're both enjoying doing just about nothing every day ~ no need to do anything, be anywhere or responsibilities of any kind. The only complaint is the water in the pools here is too warm. Awwwww, too bad. I'd offer to spray him with a hose or let him run through a sprinkler but the water out of the spigot isn't any cooler than the pools. LOL

Niagara Visitor

I bought a nice large sirloin tip steak. Cut up some bell pepper, onion chunks, and have all of it marinating for supper tonight. I have an electric grill that does a pretty good job. Firepit used to be better, but, that's life.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am no where in the condition that Tina is in, thank heavens. It is just a royal pain. For the first time in my life I have green thumb. It has turned green from the injury.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I am no where in the condition that Tina is in, thank heavens. It is just a royal pain. For the first time in my life I have green thumb. It has turned green from the injury.

Did you get it wrapped so you can't move it??

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:I bought a nice large sirloin tip steak. Cut up some bell pepper, onion chunks, and have all of it marinating for supper tonight.  I have an electric grill that does a pretty good job.  Firepit used to be better, but, that's life.  

My friend, who gave me their big Weber gas grill, has a countertop electric grill and she loves it! Her husband only wants a hamburger or steak and she loves there's room for a piece of fish and vegetables for her and she doesn't have to run from the kitchen to the patio. She said the clean-up is super easy and there's no smoke.

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I am no where in the condition that Tina is in, thank heavens. It is just a royal pain. For the first time in my life I have green thumb. It has turned green from the injury.

yes, Jimmy. It is is in a splint with an ace bandage, Next week, when the swelling goes down, I will get a cast.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

yes, Jimmy. It is is in a splint with an ace bandage, Next week, when the swelling goes down, I will get a cast.

Oh Lord! "Just thinking of it, is sounding sore!"

I felt sorry for Tina today. She had therapy, and she swelled up.
Her right is not functional as for as bending her fingers, or picking up anything small.  The left, is the one she was just operated on. ( the shoulder )arm muscle.
The little pieces on skin on the knuckles, and finger joints, is the cracks from the swelling.

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 Img_1519

Bugster2

Bugster2

Poor Tina!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, my goodness! Tina must be completely miserable. She's still in my prayers, as is our little 'forum family' for better things to come.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today Jake wanted to go to one of the 'springs' to see if the water was as clear as advertised.  It is clear ~ ~ and a constant 72°......Brrrrrrrrrr!

He and Robin went swimming at Salt Springs, Jake was amazed at the numbers of blue crabs coming in through the springs.  He said there must have been hundreds of them.

And please don't anyone email Robin and tell her I posted her pic (in a bathing suit, no less).  LOL

(Michelle ~ this one's for YOU.)

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 07_13_11

When we got back from the springs we were all hungry so it was pizza carry out!

Bugster2

Bugster2

My sister has been moving into her newly remodeled house. The movers came yesterday. She has a dining table with a huge granite top. The movers broke the granite in half. She is not happy. Her husband is one of those people who can't stand to get rid of anything and he is upset that his crap won't fit into the garage. They already have 2 storage units. I guess they will have to get a third.

My other sister informed me that the house next door to hers is for sale for $19 million. That is how expensive real estate is in this state.

Niagara Visitor

I won't be e-mailing her, but I think she looks fabulous and happy.

No cooking for me today, going to my sis's place for pork hocks and sauerkraut. How much more German can we get?

I went out berry picking at my son's house. His back fence is covered in wild black raspberrries. They are sooo sweet, and soooo small, but delicious. I picked about 4 cups, and plan to make ice cream with some of them, I think that maybe a peach and berry pie is in my future also.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks, Lore. They're both just kicking back with no responsibilities or commitments to deal with. It's their vacation time and they're both taking advantage of the 'do-nothing' time together.

When I was growing up we had a HUGE red raspberry patch ~ about 8 - 30' rows. We use to try to sell them for fifty cents a quart back then ~ not a really worthwhile money-maker. Mom froze some and put them in a dessert she made up: Dream Whip (the dry stuff you add milk to) with the raspberries stirred in. That was it. Yuck. But we had it about 3 times a week when the berries were in season.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I asked Joe what he wanted for dinner and he said all he was going to eat was cereal because he has had some trouble with acid reflux. I said "What about me"? His response was " i am only concerned about myself". Ok, if that is the way he wants it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was pick and look and find and eat.....
Had some potato chips with sour cream/.then two pieces of sliced and broiled zucchini.
Two rice cakes....then a few chunks of cheese.

Tina had ice cream!
For lunch, I had a leftover hot dog and kraut. The heel of the bread as a pusher.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well.... I was still hungty, and I figured I would make something that Tina would eat tomorrow.
I made tuna and toasted breadcrumbs and garlic; over spaghetti. It is eaten with lemon juice sprinkled on it. I had some tonight.

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 4 Img_1520

bethk

bethk
Admin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NORM !!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum