Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?

+3
bethk
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Bugster2

Bugster2

Beth, the shot glasses are disposable. I worked a long time on them and found there is no party after all. What am I going to do with 50 shot glasses of desserts? I think I will take them to another party a couple of blocks away and unload them.

Yes, we felt the earthquake. It woke up Katie and I was sitting on the couch wondering if it was going to be "THE BIG ONE", I don't have earthquake insurance. Too expensive. Joe felt it in the car when he was driving to Home Depot. It was prolly 100 miles away.

I didn't plan dinner 'cause I thought there was going to be a party. I don't know what we will eat. Probably dogs too.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The day of eating and grilling went 100% good.
I grilled the chicken breasts ....done and in the oven covered on low to keep warm.
Then I grilled the dogs, and set them in the electric skillet, set on 120 to keep warm.I grilled 12 1/3 Lb burgers and pulled them off the grill and into the skillet with the dogs.Perfect.......all cooked and ready to eat.
10 minutes later, the kids arrived.
No rushing.....No mixed up B S...... No bumping into each other in the Kitchen.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Geeze Louise, Jimmy......it only took you 70 years to perfect the celebration meal!

You ain't lost it!!!!

((Just kidding ~ I know you love the chaos in the kitchen. Hahahahaha))

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Geeze Louise, Jimmy......it only took you 70 years to perfect the celebration meal!

You ain't lost it!!!!

((Just kidding ~ I know you love the chaos in the kitchen.  Hahahahaha))
 July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 2 2876911673  July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 2 2876911673

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:The day of eating and grilling went 100% good.
I grilled the chicken breasts ....done and in the oven covered on low to keep warm.
Then I grilled the dogs, and set them in the electric skillet, set on 120 to keep warm.I grilled 12 1/3 Lb burgers and pulled them off the grill and into the skillet with the dogs.Perfect.......all cooked and ready to eat.

Jimmy, never thought about holding burgers and dogs that way. I have just learned something new. How do you keep buns warm or do you just serve them warm?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:The day of eating and grilling went 100% good.

Jimmy, never thought about holding burgers and dogs that way. I have just learned something new. How do you keep buns warm or do you just serve them warm?

Yeah!... It saves a lot of aggravation. The one thing I hate, is having to be questioned. "Are the hot dogs done " etc etc ......

I cooked them all medium ( pink inside ) ......They stayed for 1 Hour like that, and they were warm. If I don't do hot dogs, I crumble bunches of foil, and set the burgers on that; so they don't cook any further.
I do the same thing to keep mashed potatoes HOT. I add water in the skillet about an inch, and set the temperature to 180ºF. Like a double boiler.

Bugster2

Bugster2

How do you keep the buns warm?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:How do you keep the buns warm?

I'm sorry to NOT answer this............. ( age ) hahahaha
I actually never had to keep the Buns warm! The whole family hate warmed bunns.
I am the only one who will butter and toast the buns. Usually I just pop em in the toaster oven for a couple minutes.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thanks Jimmy!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had double Double Dog Supper tonight.
I just love em charred like that.....and a Yoo Hoo to enjoy it further....

Ooops!.... wont post a picture?????    Maybe later?

LATER....

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Bugster2

Bugster2

Just had another quake. This time 7.1. Nice. It went on for a long time. Chandeliers swinging back and forth, pool water sloshing around.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Downgraded to 6.9. This one was a piece of cake compared to the one in 1970 or 71, I forget. Now THAT was an earthquake! Ever see those videos of earthquakes in Japan where file cabinet are shoved across the room? Well, that is what that quake in 1971 was like. I don't want to feel that again.

Smoked some ribs today. I got some St. Louis style from Aldi. Never bought meat from them before and I won't do it again. They weren't very good.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Just had another quake. This time 7.1. Nice. It went on for a long time. Chandeliers swinging back and forth, pool water sloshing around.

That would scare me. Be careful Debbie. No

Bugster2

Bugster2

Back up to 7.1. Fortunately it hit in an area that wasn't highly populated. We felt it but we are probably close to 200 miles away.

Niagara Visitor

Stay safe, everyone.

Bugster2

Bugster2

There is a 1 in 20 chance that there will be an even stronger quake.

NormM

NormM

We had ribeye cap steaks again with Beth's potato pancakes and carrots. July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 2 20190713

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

NormM

NormM

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 2 20190714
Oh, a couple weeks ago, i found an antique clothes dryer that was missing some rods and most of the others were falling out, so it was not too much. I took it apart and replaced most of the rods with new dowels and used it today to dry some noodles for tomorrow's dinner.

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:We had ribeye cap steaks again with Beth's potato pancakes and carrots.

That looks amazing, Norm! DD#2 (Robin) and Jake are coming to visit this week. I'll be cooking my ribcap steaks when they're here.

I don't know if it's such a good idea that I bought them. I have a feeling they might just spoil me for any other kind of steak that's available! LOL

NormM

NormM

Thank you.  That is what I told Charlie.  We might be spoiling ourselves for any other steak.  The ones we had were really thick. I have one left and am considering cutting it in half so it cooks faster and there will probably still be enough for two.  If it works out, that will make them less expensive per meal.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm planning on cooking the 3 smaller ones for the four of us sometime this week. The large one can be re-tied and cut across because it must be 3" thick.

NormM

NormM

All three of these were that thick.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Norm, how clever of you! I love repurposing things for another use. When I was making pasta I would take my plastic coat hangers and drape the pasta over the center and hang them up. Yours looks like a better way.

NormM

NormM

Thank you Debbie. I wanted to use one of these things for pasta but most of them looked too dirty and were usually around a hundred dollars.  This one was falling apart and was cheap so it was easy to remake.

Here are the noodles I made yesterday with cabbage and kielbasa. July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 2 20190715

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

This was My supper tonight. Tina had chix soup, DD and BF had fillet Mignon.

July 2019. What's Cooking for the Month?  - Page 2 Img_1518

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum