Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking?

+2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:24 pm

NormM

NormM

We had spaghetti last night.FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 20190219

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

77FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Niagara Visitor

Chicken livers with onions, peppers tonight. Haven't decided yet whether there will be rice or a noodle to go with them.

78FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

That meat sauce on top the spaghetti is sure plentiful. Looks good too!

We sometimes put Chili on top angel hair. That's my wives favorite way to eat chili.

############################################

Giddy Yup Trigger. Tonight we are having Roy Rogers Roast beef sandwiches. The roast is done and was sliced on the meat slicer.
I did the roast on the George Foreman rotisserie oven.

The good part, is the slicer is cleaned and put away, and the rotisserie is cleaned and away.
Just have to put the sandwiches together after toasting the seeded rolls.

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

79FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Chicken livers with onions would be a date Dane would like to have with you, Lore! I'm not a fan but I always try to point out such selections when we're out to eat. He has had quite a few lovely meals with beef liver and onions, and most have no problem cooking it to his preferred medium rare.....

I pulled a piece of 'mystery' meat out of the freezer. For some reason the label was missing. I wasn't sure, when it was frozen, whether it was a thick cut pork steak or a boneless rib eye beef steak. After it thawed I could easily recognize it as beef.....Phew! Had it seasoned with the Tony Chaterie's Cajun Seasoning and grilled over charcoal. Baked potatoes & lima beans for two happy campers!

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 02_11_10

80FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:42 pm

NormM

NormM

The store only had pound and a half or larger packages of hamburger so there was more meat than usual.  I imagine we can make sloppy joes out of some left over.

81FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:Chicken livers with onions would be a date Dane would like to have with you, Lore!  I'm not a fan but I always try to point out such selections when we're out to eat.  He has had quite a few lovely meals with beef liver and onions, and most have no problem cooking it to his preferred medium rare.....

I pulled a piece of 'mystery' meat out of the freezer.  For some reason the label was missing.  I wasn't sure, when it was frozen, whether it was a thick cut pork steak or a boneless rib eye beef steak.  After it thawed I could easily recognize it as beef.....Phew!  Had it seasoned with the Tony Chaterie's Cajun Seasoning and grilled over charcoal.  Baked potatoes & lima beans for two happy campers!

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 02_11_10

I can't imagine chicken livers being done anything but well done. Since they are not even slices, can't do med. rare. At least I can't. I like them well done with a bit of sauce.

82FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 pm

NormM

NormM

We had braised brisket, garlic bread, gravy and vegetables. FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 20190221

83FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Sorry.....no pics of the sandwiches and supper. I was so involved keeping the sesame seeded rolls toasted and buttered; then loading them up with piles of thin slices of juicy beef. The french fries were Orida original, and they were not crisp for a while in the 400 degree oven. They didn't have the crispy style fries; so Tina bought the original.

84FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

My mother loved liver and onions. Every time we would go out for dinner, and it was on the menu, she would order it. Sweetbreads was another favorite of hers.

Freezing here. 26 degrees for sunny California. I am wrapped up in an electric blanket to keep warm.

I was planning to use part of a rotisserie chicken tonight for dinner but Joe ate the whole thing. I will have to think of something else.

85FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pizza delivery tonight.....love when they come before the ETA. Found out they also offer some decent warm double chocolate brownies.

86FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was leftover macaroni and cheese fried in 2 tbs of butter.
It had crispy elbows here and there, and was so tasty.
Then, I had two bowls of salad greens. With French dressing.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Img_1338

87FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gimme a hunk of bread, and the corner of the couch, plus my IPad, and I'll be all set and satisfied.....

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Img_6010

88FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made hamburgers fried in butter the other night. What a difference in flavor and texture! It was so good. The only problem was the horrible mess: grease everywhere and smoke. Next time I will cook them on my cast iron griddle on the BBQ. I can leave the mess and smoke out there.
Last night I made chicken pot pies with puff pastries with some leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco. Then all of us watched "Bohemian Rhapsody". We thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
Next week we will watch "A Star is Born". I have seen it but Joe hasn't. Bradley Cooper is really very talented and has such amazing electric blue eyes. Lady Gaga is very gifted too. What I wouldn't give to have some kind of musical ability but I have no natural rhythm, can't sing and sure as heck can't play an instrument.

Dinner tonight? IDK.

89FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Niagara Visitor

Reuben sandwich for me tonight. YUMM!

90FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today is Dane's birthday.  I asked him if he wanted pot roast or steak & lobster......

IF he had chosen steak & lobster we would have gone out to eat........((sigh))

But I guess it was appropriate I make one of his favorite meals on his special day!  I did the Crockpot Italian Beef pot roast recipe with the packages of dry brown gravy, ranch dressing and Italian dressing mixes.  It came out 'fall-apart' tender.  I don't care for the vegetables cooked in the Crockpot with the seasonings so I did them on a sheet pan simply seasoned with evoo and s&p. I really do love the convection oven on my new range. It only takes about 20 minutes to get the vegetables cooked and nicely browned.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 02_13_10

91FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Debbie, mixing some butter into my ground beef to make burgers is amazing taste. And, yes, the griddle on the gas grill is the way to go. I love heating up the flat griddle and then pressing the burgers like they do on a flat top in a diner. Be sure to butter and toast the buns, too.

92FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Debbie, mixing some butter into my ground beef to make burgers is amazing taste.  And, yes, the griddle on the gas grill is the way to go.  I love heating up the flat griddle and then pressing the burgers like they do on a flat top in a diner.  Be sure to butter and toast the buns, too.

I think I will grate some butter into the meat next time and see how it tastes. We just loved the butter "crust" that got formed on the patties. The grease splatters - not so much. It floated everywhere.

93FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Today is Dane's birthday.  I asked him if he wanted pot roast or steak & lobster......

IF he had chosen steak & lobster we would have gone out to eat........((sigh))

But I guess it was appropriate I make one of his favorite meals on his special day!  I did the Crockpot Italian Beef pot roast recipe with the packages of dry brown gravy, ranch dressing and Italian dressing mixes.  It came out 'fall-apart' tender.  I don't care for the vegetables cooked in the Crockpot with the seasonings so I did them on a sheet pan simply seasoned with evoo and s&p.  I really do love the convection oven on my new range.  It only takes about 20 minutes to get the vegetables cooked and nicely browned.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 02_13_10

Happy Birthday Dane FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 863604796

Beth..... I hope you made Danes Favorite Cake to place his candles on?

94FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cake, Jimmy. He won't eat sweets.

95FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oven ribs tonight.....baked sweet potato & peas along side.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 02_14_10

96FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oven ribs tonight.....baked sweet potato & peas along side.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 02_14_10

Looks like a meal to celebrate Valentines day.
Especially the ribs. So good looking!

97FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had cod fish. It was so good. Nice big flakes of tasty flesh.

I just ate the fish; no crackers or pasta or bread.
Tina bought me a McDouble with cheese, and a small fries for lunch at 2:00.
I just had pressed and cut out cookies that DD Made over the weekend.

I feel all puffed up; like I'm ready to explode like a balloon.

98FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:23 pm

JanaAZ

I finally finished fermenting my sauerkraut. I made it for pierogi day in april, but we're going to have polish sausage and sauerkraut today....just to try it out. Yum

99FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:I finally finished fermenting my sauerkraut.  I made it for pierogi day in april, but we're going to have polish sausage and sauerkraut today....just to try it out.  Yum

I know it was a lot of work but what an accomplishment! Bet you have 'em lined up at the door asking for 'just one jar'......YUM!

100FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I took a slow walk through Publix this morning hoping for inspiration. When I saw the bags of 'jumbo' shrimp on sale I suddenly had a hankerin' for fried shrimp. I knew I had leftover rice to use for fried rice so my menu was planned.

Dane prefers a light batter so I improvised with ice water, egg yolk and a/p flour and rice flour. It was just enough to seal the shrimp in the hot oil and they didn't absorb any excess. I even got a compliment on how they were cooked and the heat in the cocktail sauce (which, if I 'fess up', really had nothing to do with my mixing magic so much as the fact the horseradish was fresh.....).

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 4 02_15_10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum