Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking?

+2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

101FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:07 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had shrimp and Chinese Vegetables; wonton soup, and pork fried rice.
From take out at Hong Kong Palace. It hit the spot!
Tina had just the pork fried rice, and a piece of the egg rolls.

102FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Neighborhood pizza party after the annual bowling tournament. Everyone who participated or observed had a great time.

103FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Neighborhood pizza party after the annual bowling tournament.  Everyone who participated or observed had a great time.

cheers Like the Kramdens and the Nortons. Basketball
Oh How Nice!

104FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah.....one of our newest members got called "the ringer". No one knew he was going to have a 600 series! Next year he'll have 14 people who will want to be his teammate. LOL

105FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:36 pm

Niagara Visitor

Beef ribs for me tonight done in the oven, and porobello mushrooms done on my Tfal grill. I sure miss that outdoor grill!

106FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:48 pm

JanaAZ

I made polish sausage and sauerkraut (just fermented) and found some leftover pierogi in the freezer. It was a Polish bonanza.

107FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:I made polish sausage and sauerkraut (just fermented) and found some leftover pierogi in the freezer.  It was a Polish bonanza.  

How fabulous you happened upon the pierogi! What a fabulous supper.

108FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:Beef ribs for me tonight done in the oven, and porobello mushrooms done on my Tfal grill.  I sure miss that outdoor grill!  

I made my pork ribs the other night in the oven. They were surprisingly good. And any way you cook mushrooms is fine with me ~ I've been cutting them thick and roasting in the convection oven with green beans. I saw something on a cooking show recently about how you cannot overcook a mushroom like other vegetables and, after thinking it over, I tend to agree. They can be cooked in a braise for long periods and not turn to mush (like a stew) and other than cooking them over too hot heat, they can hang in a skillet with butter for a really long time and still be tasty. Of course, I have to force myself not to stand at the stove and 'taste test' one right after the other until there's nothing left for supper......((did I REALLY just admit that????))

109FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The leftover pot roast got de-fatted and shredded and turned into Italian Beef Sandwiches on toasted sub buns with melted mozzarella cheese. I made a cauliflower/pea/bacon salad to go with the sandwiches. It was pretty good for a change of pace meal.

Truthfully, either just the sandwich or just the salad would have been fine with both of us. I don't make the salad often enough, that's for sure.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 02_17_10

110FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:52 pm

Niagara Visitor

I did 4 mushrooms on the grill Ate two with my ribs, the other two will be breakfast. Ribs were really good, but not much meat on them.

111FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth and Niagara ....and Jana AZ, all your meals sound and look so good.

Today was Burgers with chili sauce, and a huge salad.
Krispy Kreme doughnuts for dessert.

112FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Don't have to figure out what to cook tonight OR tomorrow......Dane wants to use an email coupon tonight and we're going out with Lyn and Bill to celebrate their anniversary tomorrow night. Hope the food in the refrigerator doesn't go bad......LOL

113FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a pot of the Sunday Gravy ( Tomato sauce ) and I mixed the meatballs. As we can see, there was no room to fit them all in the Fulllll POT!
SOooooo! I made a few fried ones.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Img_1410
FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Img_1411

114FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:10 pm

NormM

NormM

We had empanadas again.  I think it is about the 4th or 5th time in as many months.   I didn't take pictures, but did post the recipe at the blogspot listed below.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

115FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had nice portion of cod fish in butter / wine sauce. Green beans, and french fries.

116FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

We missed dinner to celebrate Lyn & Bill's anniversary........I decided to come down with some sort of "achy body" illness instead. I felt OK in the early morning but by noon I was so sore all I could do was lie in bed. I'm still sore, muscle aches and pain, but I'm hoping the worst is over. Dane made me some chicken broth yesterday and I'm sure it was good but it was all I could do to keep down about a quarter cup of the stuff.

117FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:46 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We missed dinner to celebrate Lyn & Bill's anniversary........I decided to come down with some sort of "achy body" illness instead. I felt OK in the early morning but by noon I was so sore all I could do was lie in bed.  I'm still sore, muscle aches and pain, but I'm hoping the worst is over.  Dane made  me some chicken broth yesterday and I'm sure  it was good but it was all I could do to keep down about a quarter cup of the stuff.  

Oh dear no!..... Feel better Beth.
Did you get the flue shot this year?.... I did after years of not getting it. Pulmonologist said, it would be a good thing for a person with c o p d to get the shot. IDK? .

118FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Feel better Beth.
Well, Jimmy, a flu shot can't hurt. Whether it will work depends upon the strain of flu and if it has mutated.

I have been making soups all week for Katie. She has stomach ulcers and has been having some pain. She won't eat pork or beef so I made split pea with smoked turkey wings. It isn't as good as ham. I made two different lentil soups: one with cumin and coconut milk and the other seasoned with thyme and Italian seasoning. I didn't like the one with cumin. Yesterday I ade corn chowder. I am not sure I like that one. Today is a crockpot full of 15 bean soup. Making this one with smoked turkey again but I will use the ham flavored packet that came with the beans. I have been making the mess and cleaning it up but now I have an issue: Katie and Joe are acting like teens and are putting their dirty dishes in the sink. How do I tell Katie that I am not her maid and to rinse her dishes and put them in the dishwasher without making her mad? Joe is no problem: I just out-and-out tell him that I am not his maid. Hasn't done much good. What he did do was take a wine glass of Katie's that had to be hand washed (she just left it in the sink after I told her it had to be hand washed) and washed it for her. Maybe I should just quit doing any dishes at all and see what happens.

119FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Feel better Beth.
Well, Jimmy, a flu shot can't hurt. Whether it will work depends upon the strain of flu and if it has mutated.

I have been making soups all week for Katie. She has stomach ulcers and has been having some pain. She won't eat pork or beef so I made split pea with smoked turkey wings. It isn't as good as ham. I made two different lentil soups: one with cumin and coconut milk and the other seasoned with thyme and Italian seasoning. I didn't like the one with cumin. Yesterday I ade corn chowder. I am not sure I like that one. Today is a crockpot full of 15 bean soup. Making this one with smoked turkey again but I will use the ham flavored packet that came with the beans. I have been making the mess and cleaning it up but now I have an issue: Katie and Joe are acting like teens and are putting their dirty dishes in the sink. How do I tell Katie that I am not her maid and to rinse her dishes and put them in the dishwasher without making her mad? Joe is no problem: I just out-and-out tell him that I am not his maid. Hasn't done much good. What he did do was take a wine glass of Katie's that had to be hand washed (she just left it in the sink after I told her it had to be hand washed) and washed it for her. Maybe I should just quit doing any dishes at all and see what happens.

Time to start serving her on her own dirty dish! Or serve her on paper plates.

120FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I started feeling better after a shower and a nap....

And, yes, Jimmy, I always get a flu shot. I don't think it was anything more than a 24-hour yucky thing.

I've got plans for a chicken noodle something with a Parmesan cream sauce. One of those throw-together-what-you-have meals.

121FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie ordered supper. He always orders Chicken Tandoori from this Indian restaruant. It comes with rice pilaf and some kind of flat bread.  Jimmy, you'd like the chicken, I think. It is roasted, not fried and is kind of dry.  For lunch Charlie asked me to make some French bread so he could eat some of the brie I got the other day.  I made the sour dough french bread. I cooked it to 190º but probably had the oven set a little too high because it got more browned than usual and almost burnt on the bottom.FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 20190222

122FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I started feeling better after a shower and a nap....

And, yes, Jimmy, I always get a flu shot.  I don't think it was anything more than a 24-hour yucky thing.

I've got plans for a chicken noodle something with a Parmesan cream sauce.  One of those throw-together-what-you-have meals.

Glad you are feeling better Beth....
That soup sounds good. Tina made a beef chuck stew, on this icy day.
I had a burger and a salad instead.

123FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm, your bread looks just fine to me! A loaf on my table wouldn't last very long, that's for sure.

Supper came out pretty good, although it was a bit 'heavy' for my stomach tonight. But I ate what I could (the beans helped settle things down a bit) and I'm hoping I'll be back to my normal self by tomorrow.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 02_20_10

124FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Niagara Visitor

[quote="NormM"]Charlie ordered supper. He always orders Chicken Tandoori from this Indian restaruant. It comes with rice pilaf and some kind of flat bread.  Jimmy, you'd like the chicken, I think. It is roasted, not fried and is kind of dry.  For lunch Charlie asked me to make some French bread so he could eat some of the brie I got the other day.  I made the sour dough french bread. I cooked it to 190º but probably had the oven set a little too high because it got more browned than usual and almost burnt on the bottom.FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 20190222[/quote

That bread looks fabulous to me!

125FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 5 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:20 pm

NormM

NormM

Thank you. It was great if you like chewier crusts than I usually make.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum