Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking?

+2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

51FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I guess I could try turkey dogs.

26 this morning and all standing water was frozen. Patio seat cushions are crunchy too.
Katie is going out of town for a few days, so Joe and I can eat what we want. I wish she would take her dogs with her. They wine constantly and won't shut up until they are let out of her room. I told Joe he would have to have them with him in the garage.

Dogs are nice............to pet and play with, in somebody else's house.
We had dogs as kids, but they were let out to run and do the doo doo, and came back home. If they didn't.... Oh Well! No

52FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The kids are all sick. It started with the baby Liam with an eye and throat infection. Now my son is sick, and DIL is sick with a pink eye.
Tina is going to make a chicken soup to give them.
I want a plain old hamburger tonight.

I say, as long as the baby is in day care, sickness will be revolving in and throughout the family.
BTW.... when I was at the Pulmonary Doctors last week, she recommended I get the flue shot. I was glad, and I only had a stuffy head for a couple days. I said it was a reaction from the shot, and Tina said there is no such thing!

53FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:00 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You can get flu-like symptoms from a flu shot. Tina is wrong.

54FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:28 pm

Niagara Visitor

Definitely possible to have flu like symptoms after a shot.  I still get the shot, though.

P.S. I have two chicken thighs and a potato in the oven, baking for a yummy dinner. Broccoli to go with it will be just plain steamed.

55FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had chicken soup. Didn't like it. It was made with a breast, and the chicken pulled apart like strings. Breast is not for soup. Thighs are the best in my opinion.

56FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went to one of the country clubs with a bunch of Toledo friends tonight. I had a filet Oscar with crabmeat, hollandaise and asparagus, with sides of green beans and roasted potatoes. It was nice they offered the filet in a 3 oz. or a 6 oz. The 3 oz was cooked a perfect medium rare and just enough. It was noted by a few at the table that the beans were a bit too al dente to enjoy. I didn't mind they weren't cooked much but it would have been better if they had been served warmer...unless they would have dressed them with a nice basaltic vinegarette. That would have been good to say they were a warm salad.....my appetizer/cocktail/dessert was an espresso martini - excellent and not something I normally order.

57FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I almost passed out. My sister said that 5 of them went out to dinner in Park City and the tab came to $900. I am so out of touch with restaurant prices. I think anything more than $5 for a burger is expensive.

58FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:09 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I almost passed out. My sister said that 5 of them went out to dinner in Park City and the tab came to $900. I am so out of touch with restaurant prices. I think anything more than $5 for a burger is expensive.

I'm with you Debbie. Remember the 25 cent burgers ? Whoe. That was in the 60's. Today, even $19.00 is the bill for 2 burgers, a small fries and coffee at Mcdonalds. That irritates me!

59FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:03 am

Niagara Visitor

I remember the $.25 burger too. I was making $.90/hour

60FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a small piece of sliced ham in the freezer and a couple smoked beef brats ~ pulled them out to top a casserole of scalloped potatoes. I've got broccoli to steam in the microwave.

Sounds like a plan to me~easy peasey!

Called one of our neighbors to let him know what was on the menu for tonight so now there will be 3!

61FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina picked up a burger and fries from McDonalds. No salt on the fries. Great!
She is now putting stuffed cabbages together for tonight, and later meals....

62FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's always a good feeling to share a meal, especially with someone who doesn't cook for themselves. Our neighbor has been a widower for about two years and never cooked anything so he either gets invited for a meal or goes out. He was happy to join us and didn't object to taking a container home to warm up tomorrow.......one of the other neighbors went over to show him how to use his microwave.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 02_08_10

63FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made halupki .....

They hit the spot!

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Img_1333
FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Img_1334

64FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ah, yes, Jimmy ~ Comfort Food to soothe the soul!

Her cabbage rolls always look so perfect.....right off a page in a cookbook. Tell her, "Nice job!" from me.

65FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Ah, yes, Jimmy ~ Comfort Food to soothe the soul!

Her cabbage rolls always look so perfect.....right off a page in a cookbook.  Tell her, "Nice job!" from me.
Thank you; I will tell her. Smile

66FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

???????????????? What to have for supper... D I F F E R E N T !!!!

Waiting for Tina to get back from Sams Club. She may have something different to cook that she picked up there; or on the way back home.

I'm thinking along the line of Taco's. Philly Cheese Steaks sound good too!

67FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

This noon was Ladies' Luncheon so leftovers for supper sounded easy to me.

68FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had Eggplant Rollatini over spaghetti.
And Pizza.
Tina picked it up on way back from the church meeting.
The spaghetti, was already cooked, and it was placed in boiling water to reheat it.
I could tell that taste, and texture.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Img_1335
FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Img_1336

69FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:46 pm

JanaAZ

I'm making cheesy beef pie. I found an old recipe from when we first got married. It was Steve's favorite thing. Somehow, though, I don't think it'll cut it now since our tastes have changed a lot over the years. I'll probably have to season it a whole lot and cut down on some of the cheese. We'll see.

70FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:I'm making cheesy beef pie.  I found an old recipe from when we first got married.  It was Steve's favorite thing.  Somehow, though, I don't think it'll cut it now since our tastes have changed a lot over the years.  I'll probably have to season it a whole lot and cut down on some of the cheese.  We'll see.

When Dane & I were first married (50 years ago) a friend made a dish of hamburger, cream of mushroom soup and noodles ~ we LOVED it.

I just KNOW it's nothing I could make and eat today. I'd like to say it's because they changed the formula for cream of mushroom soup but I can't eat ANY cream soups anymore. I still do something similar, but it's with real mushrooms and a homemade cream sauce.

But I hope you and Steve enjoy your meal from 'Memory Lane'!

71FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I didn't know what I wanted for supper......seems like a 'theme' lately.

I ended up pulling a chicken breast out of the freezer this morning and decided to make chicken cutlets. When I checked for vegetables I saw I still had half a cabbage in the drawer so I made deconstructed Haluski......steamed cabbage and some buttered egg noodles with parsley.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 02_10_10

72FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 pm

JanaAZ

I am pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the cheesy beef pie. I’d post a photo but you know I can’t....

Beth, it isn’t you and I don’t think they changed the formula of cream of... soups. It’s that you cook real food and don’t eat chemical-laden crap any more. I cringe when I see recipes using cream of mushroom soup. I want to eat real food.

73FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The only cream of mushroom soup is the dark one which is like brown gravy.

####################################################

Today was a disaster. The heating system boiler blew a hole in one of the connectors, and Lenny was my hands and as I instructed the procedures to do the replacement.
All done now, and all is toasty warm.

Salad and Chili that DD cooked for supper.

74FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 am

NormM

NormM

I'd like to know why no one seems to be able to make ANY canned soup taste good.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

75FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I'd like to know why no one seems to be able to make ANY canned soup taste good.

I say, "Because they reduced sodium and fats to keep in line with the health conscious people. Plus, they cut down on adding product to save cost in production; and that is my opinion!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum