Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking?

+2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

126FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Norm, it looks beautiful to me. What do you use to get the crust shiny?

I had a laugh yesterday. I was reading about those gift bags the stars get at the Academy Awards. They are getting something very special this year: 6 chocolate truffles infused with cannabis. It looks like the audience is going to be high as a kite. Only in California.

127FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:20 pm

NormM

NormM

Debbie, I brushed the dough with a beaten egg before I baked it. Sometimes it makes the crust shiny, sometimes it doesn't.  I should start keeping notes about what I do each time I bake so I can recreate things when they happen. Generally, I don't even measure the flour. I just stop adding it when it looks right to me.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

128FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:18 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

NormM wrote:Debbie, I brushed the dough with a beaten egg before I baked it. Sometimes it makes the crust shiny, sometimes it doesn't.  I should start keeping notes about what I do each time I bake so I can recreate things when they happen. Generally, I don't even measure the flour. I just stop adding it when it looks right to me.

Now that is a true baker!

129FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I found some natural casing Nathan's Hot Dogs at Walmart today ~ just happened on them by accident. Casing dogs are really hard to come by here in Florida, it was the norm growing up in Ohio when I was a kid......which is why I like them, I guess. Nothing like a nice "SNAP" when you bite into that dog!

And nothing goes better with a chili dog than some potato salad......and today's had plenty of celery & eggs, which is just the way I like it. Dressing a mixture of Miracle Whip, Hellmann's, Sour Cream, a bit of sugar and some splashes of Tennessee Sunshine hot sauce.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 02_21_10

130FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am hoping I can cook some burgers on cast iron in the BBQ. We are having some rain and hail so I hope I can cook outside.

131FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Flip with one hand and hold an umbrella with the other......been there, done that.

132FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I found some natural casing Nathan's Hot Dogs at Walmart today ~ just happened on them by accident.  Casing dogs are really hard to come by here in Florida, it was the norm growing up in Ohio when I was a kid......which is why I like them, I guess.  Nothing like a nice "SNAP" when you bite into that dog!

And nothing goes better with a chili dog than some potato salad......and today's had plenty of celery & eggs, which is just the way I like it.  Dressing a mixture of Miracle Whip, Hellmann's, Sour Cream, a bit of sugar and some splashes of Tennessee Sunshine hot sauce.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 02_21_10

Beth! Thumbs touch blue; may the wish come true!"
Would you believe, I just wrote potato salad on my list to make, and and and... Nathans hot dogs and chili sauce.
I told T to get any hot dogs she likes ( skinless ), but I want my dogs to pop. They must be ALL beef too!

133FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Like we always say, Jimmy ~ GREAT minds think alike!

134FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Some parts of SoCal got snow yesterday. I was hoping we would but all we got was sleet and hail. Cold though. 27 this morning.
We tried the burgers on the griddle on the BBQ but it just didn't get hot enough. Next time I will use 3 burners or use my induction cooktop outside. At least it kept the mess outside.

135FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Got supper ready to go.....one pot meals are so easy.

Cubed potatoes, onion, green beans and chunks of ham ready to simmer until tender.  The first time I made it all I got was odd looks and questions of, "what's that?".  I just looked at my family and said, "It's supper and you'll love it!" ~  ~  and they did!  It's just a simple meal that's super easy.

As we were eating I realized it really would have been good if I had added some cabbage......not much left for a breakfast or lunch.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 02_22_10

136FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Got supper ready to go.....one pot meals are so easy.

Cubed potatoes, onion, green beans and chunks of ham ready to simmer until tender.  The first time I made it all I got was odd looks and questions of, "what's that?".  I just looked at my family and said, "It's supper and you'll love it!" ~  ~  and they did!  It's just a simple meal that's super easy.

As we were eating I realized it really would have been good if I had added some cabbage......not much left for a breakfast or lunch.

That beats my dinner!
Tina made a roast capon. yuck!
Son and DIL brought a pizza. Another yuck! Dry and burnt bottom crust.
No taste, and the tomato sauce was just painted on.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Img_1412
FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Img_1413

137FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I asked Dane what he wanted for supper.....he finally came up with 'chicken'.

I asked what kind of chicken? He said, Cooked.

Aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!

Finally, he came up with a suggestion for wings. OK, that's something I can go with. I was just tapped out for ideas. And instead of starting up the grill for some chicken wings I decided to just toss 'em into the convection oven in the house......love that thing! I brushed some Sweet Baby Ray's on mine and his drummies got brushed with some Jerk/Hot BBQ Sauce. Vegetable spaghetti to go with 'em.

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 02_23_10

138FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Chili Cheeseburgers

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Img_1414

139FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Birthday meal tonight. DD = 41 today. She requested fish dinner.
I'm all set to cook. Mommy picked up all the fish yesterday.

Seafood stew... calamari / shrimp / clams / muscles / scallops ...over linguine.
Steamed littleneck clams....
Peel & eat shrimp ......
Fried coconut shrimp....
Fried breaded shrimp.....
Broiled Salmon .....
French fries .....
Mashed Potatoes ( for Tina )
Rice ... ? Just a small amount for fussy son.

140FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:Got supper ready to go.....one pot meals are so easy.

That looks really good! Regarding your family asking what it is........................ My husband often asked me what a salad was called. I just said, it's "Lore's salad" since I rarely made the same. He loved my salads. Hated cooked vegetables, but ate pretty well any vegetable if I incorporated it into a "salad".

141FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Niagara Visitor

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Birthday meal tonight. DD = 41 today. She requested fish dinner.

Seafood stew... calamari / shrimp / clams / muscles / scallops ...over linguine.
Peel & eat shrimp ......
Fried coconut shrimp....
Broiled Salmon .....
French fries .....

That would be my perfect birthday dinner also! NJ isn't very far from Niagara................ My Birthday is in June............ It would be a great time to do a road trip and you come and cook that dinner for me......... OK???? LOL

142FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Birthday meal tonight. DD = 41 today. She requested fish dinner.

Peel & eat shrimp ......
Fried coconut shrimp....
Broiled Salmon .....
French fries .....

That would be my perfect birthday dinner also!  NJ isn't very far from Niagara................ My Birthday is in June............ It would be a great time to do a road trip and you come and cook that dinner for me......... OK???? LOL

Sounds like a good idea Lore!....

143FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have the last of the pea pods cleaned and in the refrigerator. Amazing how long they stay good if you keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I have pulled the strings but don't wash until just prior to cooking ~ storing with any excess water would make 'em go bad quickly.

Chicken stir fry for our supper:

FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 02_24_10

144FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:35 pm

NormM

NormM

We had fried rice tonight. Last night Charlie had friends over and ordered pizza.  We have leftover pizza when we get hungry later.FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 20190224
FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 20190223

145FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:53 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Nicely seasoned wok Norm. What did you use to season it with?

146FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

NormM

NormM

The wok came that way. I got it at an Asian food store already to go.  I have only used it a few times.

147FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Very nice Norm.

OMG!!! I can't believe my eyes! I am watching Live From The Red Carpet and here comes this black guy wearing - get this - a tuxedo ball gown! What will they come up with next?

148FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Niagara Visitor

Bugster2 wrote:Very nice Norm.

OMG!!! I can't believe my eyes! I am watching Live From The Red Carpet and here comes this black guy wearing - get this - a tuxedo ball gown! What will they come up with next?

Well, women have been wearing pants for years, why not? Good for him, I say! But, it was quite funny!

149FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I will admit that the design of the ballgown was very nice. I wonder if the skirt detached and underneath was the rest of the jacket and pants. I would think it would be hard to party in it, especially for a man who isn't used to wearinga ballgown.

150FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2019 ....What's Cooking? Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thinking ? ? ? ? Nothing in thoughts for supper today.
Yesterday was a massive feast of fish and cupcakes for DD. I overate for sure!
Have a slight inkling for a couple hot dogs with onions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum