Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ??

+3
bethk
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

51June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, man, yer killin' me with all the talk about greens & beans & shanks.......

I'm just too pooped to plan to cook anything. I feel like I'd like to take a nap but even if I lay down my brain just keeps churnin' out stupid thoughts and I can't fall off. I shouldn't be tired but I am.....I got close to 9 hours of sleep, although it was a bit restless from the look of the bed covers this morning.

I ended up wrapping the two rib eye steaks I picked up at the store since I went out for steak last night. I went to the store today for some spinach and leek to make BLT pasta for my supper and, wouldn't you know, they didn't have a bag or box of spinach in the produce section to be found. I wasn't in the mood to stop at another store so I picked up some Swiss chard ~ the leaves will work just fine and I'll be a happy camper.

52June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Niagara Visitor

No cooking again for me........................ I have a good reason!  My sister took me out for lunch, my son and daughter-in-law are taking me out for dinner..................... It's my birthday!  I can't believe that I have the pleasure and honour to reach the age where my "baby" turns 50 on Wednesday.  He was almost a birthday present for me in 1968! How the time flies! 

So, Happy Birthday to me, I am healthy, happy, grateful and have a wonderful life.  No complaints about any little aches or pains either.

53June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Birthday, Lore!

May your coming year be filled with love, laughter and great health!

54June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:52 pm

NormM

NormM

We had chicken leg quarters baked in the oven with some Asian flavorings.June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 20180610

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

55June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Niagara Visitor

NormM wrote:We had chicken leg quarters baked in the oven with some Asian flavorings.June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 20180610
Chicken leg quarters are my favourite part of the chicken.

56June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 pm

NormM

NormM

Niagara Visitor wrote:
NormM wrote:We had chicken leg quarters baked in the oven with some Asian flavorings.June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 20180610
Chicken leg quarters are my favourite part of the chicken.

Mine too.

57June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:38 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy Birthday Lore. Enjoy the celebration, and Happy Birthday to Son.
God Bless .....

58June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:47 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was wolf down two hot dogs from Hot Dog Johnny's......
Tina loved her one half, but couldn't hold it down. She can't chew with that triple cap missing in her jaw. I told her she's shrinking because of age!
Now I'm in the Dog House!

Today I'm changing the deck railings to white PVC . My neighbor is helping me; doing all the kneeling.

59June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well the dental fun just keeps rolling along.......

(Thanks, Jimmy, FOR NOTHING!  YOU jinked us with the talk about Ms. T's dental problems......)

Dane sent me a text last evening that he just broke a tooth, long ago capped, and wondered what to do.

How do you answer that?

I wanted to say, "Go have a hot cup of coffee and then an ice cream cone....." but I didn't.

I looked up the phone number for our Ohio dentist and said to call in the morning and see if (a) he is still practicing (as he's close to our age and may have retired) and (b) if he can fit you in for a 'look-see'.  

I mean, what ya suppose to do when all the crap seems to fall in one short period?

Hopefully I'll be in a better mood this afternoon to post some pics from last night's supper and some I took when I was out and about.

60June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so I just got home from water mobility class.....I'm trying to distract myself from standing in front of the refrigerator and eating anything that's not moving!

Last night I mentioned I made my favorite BLT Pasta ~ for whatever reason it's not a meal Dane enjoys so with him gone, I took advantage and tossed it together.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_11_10

While I was at Andrea's we went out a couple times and I tried to get pics as it was all delicious!

We went to a little place they discovered and have enjoyed often.

I had a Spinach w/Beets & Pear & Walnut salad with a Basalmic dressing that was really tasty. It, of course, came with GOAT CHEESE that I opted out of, but you can imagine how well all the flavors went together.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_01_10

For my 'dinner' I chose a 'Little Plate' (appetizer) of a Puff Pastry covered burger with a Horseradish Cream Sauce and Basalmic Roasted Brussels Sprouts ~ I think there might have been carmalized onions on the burger, but I couldn't swear to it. It was excellent!

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_06_10

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_06_11

At the same restaurant Andrea ordered Shrimp & Grits ~ I think the grits were a little 'too tight' to be good, although she said they had good flavor, just the texture was off.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_02_10

And Tori ordered a flourless Mocha Cake w/Whipped Cream & Raspberry Sauce.....funny, she didn't say she was too full to finish it! (although she did share a little taste with her Grandma)

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_07_10

61June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

For lunch another day we went to Tori's favorite Italian Pasta Restaurant. We shared an appetizer of fried seafood, shrimp, calamari, octopus and zucchini. I didn't think to take a pic of it.....

Andrea & I split an order of Beet Pasta with Figs & Prosciutto ~ the pasta was made 'in house' and was really, REALLY good. The prosciutto was thick cut lardons and the dried figs were sliced so you got some in just about every bite. I would have it again in a minute!

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_08_10

Tori had a Linguini w/Meat Ragu ~ The portion was HUGE! I don't think I've ever seen her take a full half a meal home with her to have as leftovers.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_09_10

And son-in-law Jim decided to go with what they called a luncheon special ~ a thin crust Pizza Margarita. I think he took half his home, too!

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_10_10

62June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:I tried a new recipe for meatloaf today. I asked Charlie if it was a keeper and he said yes. I asked him if he thought it would be better if I topped it with the regular recipe of tomato, brown sugar and bacon and he said no. He had two and a half helpings.

Just thought I'd mention, Norm, that I copied and filed your 'new' meatloaf recipe. I think Charlie is a good 'taste tester' and I trust his opinion.

It was interesting, in the recipe, that there was no onion and had the addition of lemon zest ~ although, as you mentioned, it might be difficult to turn in a skillet without it breaking and turning into sloppy joe mix! LOL

63June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Even though I just went out for a steak dinner, I didn't want to go to the grocery store again so I pulled one of the rib eyes I had purchased out of the freezer and had steak again. It was nice to be waited on at the restaurant, but I think my meal was better tasting.

Here's my steak & potato on the 'gas-grill-morphed-into-charcoal-grill'.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_12_10

I did manage to cut half the steak to save for a steak salad and half the potato to have with eggs for a breakfast or brunch. And I have plenty of leftover beans & carrots (aren't they pretty together?) for another meal.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_12_11

64June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Niagara Visitor

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Happy Birthday Lore. Enjoy the celebration, and Happy Birthday to Son.
God Bless .....

Thanks..................... a few times in the last 20 or so years we had a three for one family party............ My birthday, Danny's birthday and Fathers' day all wrapped in one because they were so close together.  This year is special, because Danny turns 50 (tomorrow) Most of his and his wife's friends turn 50 this year, so there is a big party on Saturday for Danny's.  They have a beautiful property, almost an acre and he's made a Tiki bar out of his garden shed.  I've been asked to make some cushions for the bar stools he made, and bring potato salad and devilled eggs for the party.  Lots of fun.  I've known many of their friends for 30 years, it will be a great time.

P.S. on edit.............. I had a chicken breast and wonderful local asparagus for super!

Last edited by Niagara Visitor on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

65June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Working on the deck railing today. Almost done, but then comes the power washing the deck, and new stain.
We had cauliflower; potato wedges, and pork cutlets braised in onions.

Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert.

66June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

NormM

NormM

Happy Birthday Lore

67June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am

Niagara Visitor

Thanks everyone.  I am very grateful reaching 74, healthy, happy (as well as I can considering losses) I'm happy to be able to enjoy my family, son is having a big party Saturday, and I've been asked to help out with food................. Yeay, that's right up my alley.  Daughter-in-law even asked me if I could make some gluten free biscuits for her so she can have beef on the bun too! Going to Costco today to get all the ingredients for potato salad, devilled eggs, seafood chowder and the biscuits.

68June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It makes your heart sing!

Good for you, Lore!

69June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a big 'brunch' today and didn't get hungry at supper time. But I knew I'd be hungry before bed and probably have something I shouldn't, especially just before going to bed. So, after a little thought, I decided I was hungry for some sweet corn. That was going to be 'it' until, as I walked through the store to buy eggs, I happened to walk past the deli where they were just putting out freshly cooked chicken wings.....so, 4 of those ended up in my basket!

And that was just what I was hungry for ~ and no middle of the night noshings for me!

LOL

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_13_11

70June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I had a big 'brunch' today and didn't get hungry at supper time.  But I knew I'd be hungry before bed and probably have something I shouldn't, especially just before going to bed.  So, after a little thought, I decided I was hungry for some sweet corn.  That was going to be 'it' until, as I walked through the store to buy eggs, I happened to walk past the deli where they were just putting out freshly cooked chicken wings.....so, 4 of those ended up in my basket!

And that was just what I was hungry for ~ and no middle of the night noshings for me!

LOL

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 06_13_11

Good job Beth! .... How is the corn? We are starting to get Florida Corn now!...
Our corn is just poking up!
You know what we say in the North here about the corn. "Knee High by the 4th of July!"

We had some last week, Two I ate were dry inside, but One.... Ho Ho Ho!
It was juicy. I suck the juice from my cob before I chuck it .
Tina laughs, and says, " You Make sure you get every bit of that Diabetic carb medicine out of that corn hon!" June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 3447731902

71June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina ran up to the Family Ravioli Company where she got the ravioli dinner we are having for fathers day.
The woman up there, gave her three nests of Red Bell Pepper fettuccine to try!
It was great! I had three ( yes 3 ) plates of them!
The sauce was a jar marinara sauce they sell there!

Then, we had ice cream from cold stone creamery!.....

Check it out.......
June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Img_0910

72June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 am

Niagara Visitor

What's a "nest" of fettuccini?

73June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:What's a "nest" of fettuccini?

It's the way the pasta is packaged. Like a birds nest swirl.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/foodservicedirect.com/productimages/NF1315571S.jpg

74June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:Chicken leg quarters are my favourite part of the chicken.

They're on sale here right now for $.88/pound, Lore. They're in a 10-pound bag but who cares? We snagged a bag of them a year or two ago for -- get ready -- $.19/lb. Don't ask me why they were so cheap but it was an advertised price so we hustled ourselves to the grocery right away to pick up a bag. And we were in stiches when we made dinner from them that dinner for two cost less than $1.00.

I froze some of them as is and I separated some of the thighs from the drumsticks and froze those bags separately. If I had the freezer room, I'd grab some but we're in a "let's eat out of the freezer" mode. Plus I always keep the big freezer container for the ice cream machine in there, so it's at the ready. Brian, as you may remember, is addicted to ice cream. Razz

75June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

A belated Happy Birthday, Lore!  And happy birthday to your youngest son, too!  

You're like the Energizer Bunny so you're aging very well!   June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 3 4056093967

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum