Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ??

+3
bethk
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

151June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:No supper tonight.  I found a couple biscuits in the freezer when I was 'organizing'......amazing how stuff can get lost at your fingertips!  Fortunately, I wrap most things really well and they weren't bad.  I thawed one out and had some of the recently made/frozen sausage gravy for my brunch.  REALLY filling (and really tasty).  

But, you've all seen a pic of it before ~ and, quite honestly, it's not all that 'pretty' on a plate so no pic.  

It seems like one meal a day is enough for me, although I'm still struggling with trying to get down sufficient water to ward off the sharp shin muscle pains.  I wish coffee counted but, apparently it does not.

I bought some more of the really good Georgia peaches and they're ripening on the counter.  I did chop one today to make some more peach salsa.  I just love the sweet/hot flavor of that stuff.  It's in a little jar in the refrigerator, melding flavors, and I'll probably have some tomorrow with tortilla chips as a snack ~ or, more likely if I open the refrigerator door and see the jar.....for breakfast!  LOL

Oh NOOooo! Beth, you too? ( leg cramps / pains ).
Tina screams locked in her recliner everytime she either walks too far, or is exhausted from the warm weather.
The only thing that works after taking it in 20 to 30 seconds, is the Amish leg cramp medicine. All natural, and it contains apple cider vinegar.
I put a cap full in like 1/3 cup orange juice, and she drinks it all down. In less than a minute, the pains / cramps are gone.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stops-Leg-Foot-Cramps-Natural-Amish-Remedy-8-oz-by-Caleb-Treeze-Organic-Farm/144394491?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=9294&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9003715&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115794659&wl11=online&wl12=144394491&wl13=&veh=sem

152June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Chili cheese dogs tonight.
Not Good.....
My cousin and husband visited from PA yesterday, and picked up 8 dogs with mustard onions, and a pickle. We ate 5 and the other 3 I refrigerated for today. M I S T A K E The buns got wet, and drippy, and the microwave did it no justice..... hahahahahaha
Outside for the animals to eat....

153June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 pm

NormM

NormM

I was looking for a list of restaurants in the area and discovered a Thai restaurant and ordered some shrimp fried rice for Charlie and a Duck dish for me. They were both good.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

154June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:09 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I was looking for a list of restaurants in the area and discovered a Thai restaurant and ordered some shrimp fried rice for Charlie and a Duck dish for me.  They were both good.

Are you ready for trick or treat Norm?

155June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Liam has a new experience.  His Gram and Gramps took a weeks vacation
at the Shore in NJ. He has his own pool on the sand, and he is in his glory.
Him and Pops napping. L00K at the screaming idiot bird!
June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Img_0913

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Img_0914

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Img_0915

156June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:49 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

He is such a cutie! And nothing is sweeter than a sleeping baby.

Ah, but I don't miss the days of sand and dirty diapers ~ every time we went to the beach I found sand for weeks afterward. Nope, don't miss that part at all.

157June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Tina screams locked in her recliner everytime she either walks too far, or is exhausted from the warm weather.
The only thing that works after taking it in 20 to 30 seconds, is the Amish leg cramp medicine. All natural, and it contains apple cider vinegar.
I put a cap full in like 1/3 cup orange juice, and she drinks it all down. In less than a minute, the pains / cramps are gone.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stops-Leg-Foot-Cramps-Natural-Amish-Remedy-8-oz-by-Caleb-Treeze-Organic-Farm/144394491?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=9294&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9003715&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115794659&wl11=online&wl12=144394491&wl13=&veh=sem

No leg cramps, Jimmy ~ but the dehydration causes the nerves in my left leg to send out a piercing sharp pain on the front of my shin. Doc prescribed "DRINK MORE WATER!" and she was absolutely correct. Keeping hydrated works like a charm. Only problem is, since I don't care for the taste of water I forget to keep drinking. And for years I've avoided drinking too much during the day because the more I drank the more I had to run to the bathroom ~ and I had stuff to do! Can't get a job done if you're stopping every half hour to take a break. So I did myself no favors in training my body to ignore the thirst ~ story of my life. I think I'm doin' a good thing and turns out I'm an idiot.

So, all I have to do is drink, drink, drink ~

158June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

No leg cramps, Jimmy ~ but the dehydration causes the nerves in my left leg to send out a piercing sharp pain on the front of my shin.  Doc prescribed "DRINK MORE WATER!" and she was absolutely correct.  Keeping hydrated works like a charm.  Only problem is, since I don't care for the taste of water I forget to keep drinking.  And for years I've avoided drinking too much during the day because the more I drank the more I had to run to the bathroom ~ and I had stuff to do!  Can't get a job done if you're stopping every half hour to take a break.  So I did myself no favors in training my body to ignore the thirst ~ story of my life.  I think I'm doin' a good thing and turns out I'm an idiot.

So, all I have to do is drink, drink, drink ~

Yep! Dr. said the same thing with Tina's leg pain. Even her back pain. Drink more water, he said. She / We are not water drinkers. lol!

159June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:11 pm

NormM

NormM

I am pretty sure that tea and coffee count as water. Soft drinks are water with calories unless they are diet. Water does not have to be plain to count as water. Even the water in the fruit, vegetable and meat you eat counts as water intake. The main difference is that there are calories and nutrients in things that have water content.

160June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's what I always thought, Norm ~ but my doc said I couldn't count coffee and tea ~ and I've found that if that's all I drink during the day my leg nerves flare up and show me she might be right in my case. So, I'm really trying to drink more water, albeit flavored with peach tea or some other flavored water.

Seems really minor to be a complainer about my dislike for water ~ so many have it much worse off than I do.

161June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:02 pm

NormM

NormM

I know athletic coaches at school always said you needed X amount of water per day to be healthy and they insisted it had to be water but I have read that the scientists that determined that proportion of water per day said it did not have to be water alone.  You probably get more water into your body and get it in your system faster if it is plain water  but they meant that the total amount of water needed per day did not mean just water.

162June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was clueless for an idea of what I wanted for supper. Then Joann, next door neighbor, asked if I wanted to ride over to Sam's Club with her. A $4.99 already cooked chicken takes care of tonight and lunches and probably two other suppers.

So, when I got home I pulled off the legs and wings, heated up my leftover vegetables and had my supper.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 06_25_10

163June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made some Japanese Fried Chicken aka Karaage, they tasted very good, so juicy but not crispy enough ( I had no idea what went wrong, maybe not enough starch for coating ) but anyway, when I toasted them in my oven, they became crispier.. I love them ( and I love anything deep-fried )

For Dirk
June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 810

I wrapped mine with lettuce

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 710
June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 610

164June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:50 pm

NormM

NormM

I made the same thing the other day Imelda but I left mine in the oil a little too long and it got a little burnt. It was still good though

I made a Banh Mi sandwich for our dinner today. It was almost all gone before I got around to taking a picture though.June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 20180622

165June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Golly, Norm, I think you've given me the inspiration for my supper tonight!

I know you made your sandwich with pork, but I've got leftover chicken from my Sam's Club Rotisserie chicken.....I can sub regular radishes for the daikon radishes and Dane's hot banana peppers for the jalapeno. All of a sudden my mouth is watering for a big chicken salad with pickled vegetables!

166June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:24 am

NormM

NormM

We have always used regular radishes too. I'd have to make an across town trip to get the daikons. Come to think of it, I haven't even seen white radishes in stores for quite a while. I was able to get more than enough pork loin at Price Shoppers for $4.00.

167June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:57 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I usually can find the daikon radishes at the farmers' market on Thursdays but since I already have some large (and spicy) regular red, round radishes in the vegetable drawer it just makes sense to use them. I really love the spicy pickled fresh vegetables....and I usually have a piece of cabbage so I can add even more fresh 'crunch' with thinly sliced bits.

I'm off to the store to get some White Lily Self Rising Flour and heavy cream to make a 'biscuit' topping for a peach cobbler that I promised Tommy next door. I'm going to pick up a fresh bakery sub bun for my sandwich.

Boy, my mouth is absolutely watering just thinking about it ~ and supper's not for hours!

168June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:48 pm

NormM

NormM

I noticed Hen House, a local grocery started carrying White Lily SR flour at the end of last year. I was hooping it was not a seasonal thing and they still had it last time I checked. I am happy. That flour makes beautiful biscuits.

169June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wanted a small bag of the WLSR flour but when I got to Winn Dixie I found that the 5# bag was on sale 2/$5 and the little 1# bag was $2.89. I guess I'll find room in a freezer to store the rest of the bag after I take out the 2 1/4 c. the recipe calls for.....

170June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Chicken Banh Mi Sandwich and chips for my supper.  I've been hungry for it since I read Norm made it last night......There's something about the crispy pickled vegetables and thinly sliced meats on a fresh bun that is so appealing to my taste buds.

Here's how I made it:  I split the fresh bakery mini-sub bun and pulled some of the bread out of the middle so the bread wouldn't be too thick for the amount of sandwich filling.  Then I toasted it in the toaster oven to crisp it up and help keep it from getting soggy from the filling.  A slather of Hellmann's on both sides, a bit of thinly sliced cabbage (no dressing) and then I arranged the pickled cucumber slices on both sides of the bun as well.  The chicken breast from last night's rotisserie chicken got sliced and laid on the bottom and I piled the pickled vegetables (radish, red pepper, onion, & carrot marinated in sweet/spicy pickle brine) high on the top bun.  I closed it up and sliced it in half.....YUM!

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 06_26_12

I even got some fresh Lay's Potato Chips in anticipation of a sandwich supper!

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 06_26_13

171June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And for dessert......Warm Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream !!!

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 06_26_15

172June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:58 pm

NormM

NormM

That looks yummy Beth.

173June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks, Norm, it was! I was really surprised how moist the Sam's Club chicken was. The last one I had was over seasoned and way too salty, even for me ~ the salt lover. All I did yesterday was cut off the wings and legs and I just wrapped it in plastic wrap and stashed it in the refrigerator. The breast meat was super moist, but not mushy a bit. I was pleasantly surprised.

The Georgia peaches I've been able to get at the Publix Store have been truly spectacular this year. Sometimes I buy some and they smell great but by the time they sit for a couple days to 'ripen' they end up being dry and mealy. This year they have been super sweet and juicy ~ just the way you expect good peaches to be. I don't even mind that it's too early for the 'cling-free' ones and I have to cut the flesh from the pit.

174June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Thanks, Norm, it was!  I was really surprised how moist the Sam's Club chicken was.  The last one I had was over seasoned and way too salty, even for me ~ the salt lover.  All I did yesterday was cut off the wings and legs and I just wrapped it in plastic wrap and stashed it in the refrigerator.  The breast meat was super moist, but not mushy a bit.  I was pleasantly surprised.

The Georgia peaches I've been able to get at the Publix Store have been truly spectacular this year.  Sometimes I buy some and they smell great but by the time they sit for a couple days to 'ripen' they end up being dry and mealy.  This year they have been super sweet and juicy ~ just the way you expect good peaches to be.  I don't even mind that it's too early for the 'cling-free' ones and I have to cut the flesh from the pit.  

Costco had good roast chicken too, $4.99 for a big fat chicken, it can serve for 4 to 6 persons. Peaches are in season, next Monday we are planning to peach farm and pick some of them, I hope we can have fun there as the temperature will be in the 90'F

Until 2 pm I still had no idea what for dinner today, until I saw a video of baked zucchini boat, so decided to cook it, I had 2 big fat zucchinis in my fridge, I stuffed them with browned sausage, cooked couscous, mayonnaise, cheese, Dirk ate 2, I only had 1 and am stuffed with it, they are good

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Dscn1011

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Dscn1012

175June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Everyone's food looks and sounds great.
I had 1/2 a roast beef sub with swiss, onions, and mayo.
Then shrimp scampi made with oil and butter and white wine sauce.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum