Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ??

+3
bethk
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 am

Niagara Visitor

Oh, I think moving day is the best time for order in pizza.

202June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:32 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Pizza! Of course!

203June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:57 am

Niagara Visitor

Absolutely, pizza............ a paper towel becomes the plate, can be eaten hot, cold, or for breakfast the next morning! It's a wonderful moving day invention............. Of course, if a new neighbour invited one for dinner that could be even better!

Move in next to me on the twelfths floor, and I'll cook! LOL

204June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:

Escrow closed on the house we were selling. Moving out on Tuesday. Packing like a fiend but it can be difficult because I have to leave things out of boxes that we need to use and therefore can't seal the boxes making stacking them hard.

I know that on moving day we are going to be so tired that we won't want to go out even for fast food. Does anybody have any ideas about what I might pack beforehand that we could eat for dinner that night?

I'd get a rotisserie chicken. Either slice for sandwiches or make a chicken salad. Get some bakery bread or rolls, a bag of chips. Or go the whole Deli route and get stuff that is in containers that can be packed in a cooler and eaten cold. Oh, and some fresh fruit. And cookies. Maybe a couple packages of mini candy bars.

Oh, wait ~ it's for you......this was MY wish list.

LOL

205June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I forgot about deli stuff. Thanks!

206June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, you can download Malwarebytes for free and it can also scan and remove Malware.

Escrow closed on the house we were selling. Moving out on Tuesday. Packing like a fiend but it can be difficult because I have to leave things out of boxes that we need to use and therefore can't seal the boxes making stacking them hard.

I know that on moving day we are going to be so tired that we won't want to go out even for fast food. Does anybody have any ideas about what I might pack beforehand that we could eat for dinner that night?

After all the bullxx!t.....I get this ....

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Comcas10
For dinner, make some egg salad and tuna salad, Brioche bread, and pickles on the side. Some Bush's baked beans to heat up too!

207June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina will be at the church all afternoon. A party after the services for the soup kitchen help / cooks / servers.....
We were supposed to have london broil, but that will be tomorrow.

We will have French toast for supper. Sweeeeet! Cool

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

208June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lyn and I went out for brunch.....I don't know why I even bother picking up the menu. I always order the same thing ~ Classic Eggs Benedict. I can make it at home but, WHY??? It's always a good way to fill up for most of the day.

So, if I get hungry this evening I'll have a dish of the leftover chicken salad. Or not.

Seems the older I get the less I eat or want to eat ~ yet the pounds don't fall off.

Might have something to do with Classic Eggs Benedict.......

Hmmmmmmmm

209June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had the french toast....

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Img_1010

L00K at this teenie weenie bottle of ketchup.
The dollar store 10 for a dollar.
June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Img_1011

PS: we are saving the bottles. The label comes off. They are glass. Would make great creamers.
Remember the glass creamers years ago??

210June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:20 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had the french toast....

PS: we are saving the bottles. The label comes off. They are glass. Would make great creamers.

Cute and cheap, Jimmy, I'd buy bunch of them to collect the bottles too

211June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:33 am

NormM

NormM

You don't even see those little creamer jars in antique stores and they don't have them in restaurant supply stores either.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

212June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's because restaurant creamer comes in little plastic individual servings.

213June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:52 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thread closed.

214June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That's because restaurant creamer comes in little plastic individual servings.

Good move to invest in the paper & glass industry stock.
They are banning plastic bags / plastic straws / and plastic plates etc.

I remember sipping a coke in Woolworths at the counter; through a paper straw. You had to hurry up before the straw got limp and collapsed.
I do remember the straws with a shiny wax coating to prevent a soggy straw collapse.

Anyhooo! ....we are having the london broil, and corn and taters today.
Tina made a lemon chiffon pie with graham cracker crust.

It's 82 F outside, and supposed to reach 90. It hit 88 yesterday but lower humidity...... we shall see. What a Face

215June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I saw something interesting on the news. It said that if you make $117,000/yr in the SF Bay area, you are considered low income. What does that make me? Below the poverty level? Amazing.

My cousin's daughter's husband was offered a promotion to move to San Fran for three years a couple of years ago. It included a big raise. They went out there for 3 or 4 days and then he turned it down. The cost of living was so high that they said the rent they would have had to pay on a place was astronomical. Their lifestyle would've taken such a hit that they decided there was no way they could afford it and that was even considering quite a long commute to work. Instead, they committed to another city and went there for 3 years -- Singapore!

I've read that San Francisco has one of the highest cost of living in the country.

216June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:57 pm

NormM

NormM

I wonder if Alameda or Oakland are as expensive? Both are a fairly easy commute from San Francisco.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

217June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? - Page 9 Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Niagara Visitor

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had the french toast....

Cute and cheap, Jimmy, I'd buy bunch of them to collect the bottles too
 Those little bottles would be great for storing small amounts of spices.  I try not to buy overly packaged things, and those bottles would be in that category.  Cute, though!

P.S. on edit.................... I just realized that they were 10 for $1.00.................. how much of that dollar is the ketchup and how much is the bottle?  That truly is packaging gone amuck.  Think of our environment before you buy these, please!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum