Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day

+5
1DomesticGoddess
NormM
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a SLAP sandwich for supper. ( a slice of bread, and slap a couple slices of bologna on it; fold and bite whilst watching you don't bite your fingers.) Been busy with prepping for tomorrows big meal. 4:30 am I put the lasagna in the oven. 1 - 1/2 hour later, it's done.
7:30 am, the stuffed turkey, 13 lb + 8 lb breast goes in.
I estimate they should be done by 12:30.... eating at 1:00 Grrrrr! Only because T's uncle, 95, has to drive home in the daylight.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I didn't want to cook tonight so I picked up some frozen meatballs by Armor and some Emeril tomato sauce and cooked some spaghetti.  It wasn't good.  We ate enough to fill up and put the rest done the garbage disposal.

OMG Norm..... my sides are so sore from laughing about the dinner down the drain... hahahahahahahahahahahahah

I just had to post this disaster, of the pumpkin pies that failed.
We don't have a disposer. But the toilet always works! pale

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Whoopie Doo!!!.... It's Snowing. Yay!..... That makes Jimmy & Tina very happy & Hungry!Time for a Hot Cocoa.

Oooh, I'm pea green with envy! Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 75, which is too darn hot for a holiday in November!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:My husband! Only he would find something like this.November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 <a href=November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 14980690_10154809088448945_66106461096743857_n" />

Brian and I both laughed like two little kids over this pic, Bug. We can just imagine the initial looks on peoples' faces if you put that turkey down on a platter on the table. Hysterical...

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made Italian meatball wedding soup with tortellini. We had garlic cheese bread with it. We ate about 5PM. I told him I didn't want him to eat another heavy meal after yesterday's turkey so he could eat our turkey and any other turkey dinners from the leftovers. Katie and Joe went to Walmart and I just got a call from her asking if I wanted a burger from In N Out. My husband is having a second dinner! No wonder he needs to lose weight.

bethk

bethk
Admin

By special request....supper was a family favorite ~ pork, sauerkraut & spaetzle. Jacob loves the stuff and even though I used 10 eggs to make the spaetzle, it still wasn't enough to suit him. Oh, well, he's not going to wither away from not having THIRDS. LOL

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 IMG_20161125_171727953

NormM

NormM

I went to the store today to see about getting something for supper.  The only left overs we got from my nephew was a small bag of turkey.  When I walked by the meat counter, they had some fresh turkeys. No need to thaw, just pop in the oven and be ready in about three hours, probably less. I walked on by but after a few minutes, I circled back around and got a small one, 9 lbs., and some Pepperidge Farm stuffing.  At the check out counter they had small bags of instant mashed potato powder and I got one of those.  I didn't intend to do this but there were just not enough left overs for us and the dressing was terrible.  The turkey has been in the oven for about an hour and a half and might take another hour.  The stuffing and potatoes are done and keeping warm in the Breville toaster oven. I boiled the turkey neck and giblets and made some gravy with that plus a dab of Better than Bouillon chicken stock.  We are going to have a meal of not-so-left-overs so we can have some real left overs tomorrow too.  We have some cranberry chutney that I made but didn't take all of it over there. There wasn't any of that left.  Everyone took some of that home with them an they gave me back a clean casserole dish. I did bring home some of the pumpkin cheesecake that I took so there will be some of that for later.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

I swear, Thanksgiving is all about the leftovers. I made a turkey and dressing sandwich to eat later and when later came, I opened it up and found a rat had been into it. One half was gone. I guess Joe couldn't resist the temptation. He and Katie made their own and went to the beach. Tomorrow rain is supposed to come in so better go today. The thief! He went with half my sandwich in his stomach.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was chicken soup, and Matlaw's stuffed clams. No turkey.....it all went into the soup Tina made.
The kids all love turkey soup. Not me! For the days coming, I want the normal foods like hot dogs, burgers, shepherds pie, sausages, beans , fish....etc.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our 'boy' and his dog.....

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 IMG_20161126_160710956

No cooking tonight. Dane and Jake went to play golf at 12:30 and then we went out for a late lunch. Jake and I both got the fish 'n chips and neither of us could finish so we brought the leftovers home (which was almost as large as one of the lunch portions) and Jake had it reheated in the toaster oven for his supper. I ordered a small Greek salad as one of my sides with my lunch and brought that back for Robin's lunch. So none of us adults were hungry for any supper. That was fine with me.....no cooking day (it's been a while!).

Here's our guy at lunch.....

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 IMG_20161126_134921521

(He said, "So STOP taking my picture already!"......Hahahahaha!)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Very handsome young man Beth. Geesh!.... I remember when you would make him his one fried egg, and one dippy egg.

bethk

bethk
Admin

He doesn't wake up before 11:30 a.m. these days.....doesn't even want breakfast.

So soon they grow up!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Taco Bell for supper. Tina stopped at walmart and the picked up enchillada's and taco's.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Last night I made turkey tetrazinni with the leftover dark meat. Tonight it will be leftovers of the leftovers: the remaining tetrazinni.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was the second of two requested meals.....beef stirfry. OK, easy for me. Of course, at the last moment the boy asked for Fried Rice with his. Sheeesh! What a bothersome child! So, I made the fried rice for him. Who else is suppose to spoil him?

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 IMG_20161127_165253411

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

For supper we are having ( close yer eye's, and whatta ya see? ).....
N O T H I N G !
Tina just woke from her nap, and she is making what we call Mikes Casserole.
ground beef browned with onions....mixed veggies mozzarella cheese, and those blue tube small biscuits on top, sprinkled with oregano and yellow cheese.

We call it Mikes because our friend Mike Hated it, and would not eat it!

Just got the official note!
Note! ... Mikes casserole will be for tomorrows supper. Tina's stomach is queezy today, so I said, get it all ready, and we will bake it tomorrow.

SOooooo! I make myself a griddle cheese.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Some days nothing sounds exactly right.

I'm tired of cooking. I think we'll have 'nothing' tomorrow......

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I decided not to buy turkey.. my  mother in-law gave me a lot leftover, all the dark meat part and a couple slices of breast meat...  we had a good Thanksgiving dinner, only the 5 of us, my MiL did not cook the whole set meal now... too much to handle and too much leftover.. we all are watching our diet.. I made some green bean casserole, with lots of cheese ( no body complained, everybody loves gooey cheesy foods ) and I baked my pumpkin cheesecake

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 10

I made too much filling, so here is a crustless pumpkin cheesecake.. it was so good.. I don't really like pumpkin, but I could eat this all if I did not have to share with Dirk ( he loves pumpkin ) Razz

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 9

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Our 'boy' and his dog.....

No cooking tonight.  Dane and Jake went to play golf at 12:30 and then we went out for a late lunch.  Jake and I both got the fish 'n chips and neither of us could finish so we brought the leftovers home (which was almost as large as one of the lunch portions) and Jake had it reheated in the toaster oven for his supper.  I ordered a small Greek salad as one of my sides with my lunch and brought that back for Robin's lunch.   So none of us adults were hungry for any supper.  That was fine with me.....no cooking day (it's been a while!).

Here's our guy at lunch.....

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 IMG_20161126_134921521

(He said, "So STOP taking my picture already!"......Hahahahaha!)

Handsome Jake.. I wonder who his grandma is Laughing  

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have never seen a crustless cheesecake. Did you have to line the sides and bottom of the pan with parchment or anything?

bethk

bethk
Admin

I am so glad I have meals in the freezer.....I was too tired today to do any cooking. Well, I did have to microwave a dish of rice but that's easy, not really what I consider 'cooking'.

Robin got on the road last night around 7:00 and I knew I wouldn't get any sleep.....Jake's job is to text me and let me know where they are on the route, how traffic is, if they're planning to take a break and get some sleep at a rest area, etc. Problem is, I don't really fall asleep anticipating his next text......I know ~ but a Mom's job is to worry!

Then, this morning I got started vacuuming up the DOG HAIR! It was everywhere. I pulled up all the throw rugs to wash, as well as the bath mats, etc. because everywhere I looked, even where the hound WASN'T.....was covered in DOG HAIR! So, then I 'suggested' to Mr. Amazing that he might be nice to me and vacuum the carpeting (it hurts my back to do that) and he also mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors. Now, everything is clean and back in place and I'm going to go to bed early tonight ~ as soon as I finish this vodka and orange juice! LOL

So, supper was a warm up.....Jambalaya with sausage & chicken over rice.

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 IMG_20161128_170827077

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Bugster2 wrote:I have never seen a crustless cheesecake. Did you have to line the sides and bottom of the pan with parchment or anything?

Nope.. I just generously greased the bowl with butter.. I was surprised too, when I flipped it over, it slid out easily and perfectly in my hand

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Finally, we had the Mikes Casserole for supper today. It was good! Not as I asked for when it came to the cheese. Tina has no clue to what I mean ( L O T S ) of cheese on my side.
Pumpkin pie for dessert.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I am so glad I have meals in the freezer.....I was too tired today to do any cooking.  Well, I did have to microwave a dish of rice but that's easy, not really what I consider 'cooking'.

Robin got on the road last night around 7:00 and I knew I wouldn't get any sleep.....Jake's job is to text me and let me know where they are on the route, how traffic is, if they're planning to take a break and get some sleep at a rest area, etc.  Problem is, I don't really fall asleep anticipating his next text......I know ~ but a Mom's job is to worry!

Then, this morning I got started vacuuming up the DOG HAIR!  It was everywhere.  I pulled up all the throw rugs to wash, as well as the bath mats, etc. because everywhere I looked, even where the hound WASN'T.....was covered in DOG HAIR!  So, then I 'suggested' to Mr. Amazing that he might be nice to me and vacuum the carpeting (it hurts my back to do that) and he also mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors.  Now, everything is clean and back in place and I'm going to go to bed early tonight ~ as soon as I finish this vodka and orange juice!  LOL

So, supper was a warm up.....Jambalaya with sausage & chicken over rice.

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 9 IMG_20161128_170827077

I am the same way Beth with the texting where the kids are, and Tina when they are on a trip over 1 hour plus.
Haaa... with Tina, I could track her by going on the bank account on line, and track what stores she charged at. LOL.

Today, she was driving from her uncles place, and I don't know what she did, but I get a call on my iphone from her on that face-time where you can talk and see the person talking. I'm looking at he side of the face, and I'm screaming...Pick up the phone like 20 times, and as I watch her stuffing some kind of candy in her mouth.
Finally she lowered the car radio, and heard me. She said,"I don't know how I got this, and I don't know how to turn it off!"

OMG I'm yelling just drive the car please..... It was a riot!

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am making chicken tikka masala with matar pulao and naan bread today. I went to my local Indian market yesterday and bought some spices for making other Indian dishes. $36.00 later I was finished. Those dang black cardamom pods cost a bloody fortune. Oh well, I think I am set for life except I did forget to buy fenugreek, whatever that is.

Cook's Illustrated has pretty sleezy renewal practices. I enjoy reading the magazine so I get the digital edition. The problem is that I do not want to automatically renew. Well, you can't do that. It is either you have automatic renewals or nothing. I have no idea if I am going to be alive next year and my husband may not know about the auto renew, even if I tell him. I am afraid he will pay for something he doesn't want or need.

I keep recipe binders with those recipes that I use all of the time. I am a slob in the kitchen and usually my cookbooks and printed recipes get covered in food that I have managed to sling to all four corners of my kitchen. To keep my printed recipes clean, I laminate them in plastic. Over the years I have had a couple of used laminators that my husband got from the office. They both went bad so I was forced to purchase a cheapie from Walmart. It works but the feed tray doesn't so laminating is a PITA. I saw a Fellows laminator on a Staples Black Friday ad for $29.00. I grabbed it. It was a steal because full retail is $170.00. It works beautifully. I love getting a deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum