Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day

+5
1DomesticGoddess
NormM
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I reheated the leftover pot roast.....cooked it down with a bit of extra stock so the beef was shredding tender.  Had the hot roast beef & gravy over white bread with some fresh horseradish (fresh jar, not freshly grated....).  I had some green beans along side so it was, all in all, a pretty tasty meal.  Of course, my phone was sitting on the counter UNcharged.  No pic.

But, hey, a pic of a big old hot roast beef sandwich with a pile of green beans would just make Jimmy jealous!  LOL

This morning, after my phone had fully charged, my pic from last night's supper finally downloaded (automatically) to my Photobucket account.....Jimmy ~ you would have loved this one!

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 IMG_20161112_171247366

It surely did catch Jimmy's eye! And mouth!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I am taking some antibiotics that have turned my gut into a raging holocaust. Too queasy to eat anything. Nausea pills bring my gut to a standstill so I have to deal with constipation too. I will be glad when this is over. I have to take the liquid form of the medicine because I can't take the horse pills. The brand name liquid was $1500. Can you believe it? Had the pills compounded at a pharmacy to make them barely palatable for $100. The chit is so bitter and my gut and gaggers protest mightily. Last night I made Joe and Katie go out to eat. I didn't want to smell any food.

Oh Wow!..... We went through stomach issues with Tina the past few days.
It got to the point that even her fall back to mashed potatoes plain, didn't even help!
Debbie, did you ever try like natural stomach soothers; such as cream de mint, or just sipping on Honey?

Tina and I take ezymes after meals. Also before bedtime we take a zantac for stomach acid.

Really feel bad that you are in this suffering. Rest easy, and feel better.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, I drink milk, milkshakes, Pepcid, Maalox, Pepto Bismol and nothing helps with the pain.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made too much for supper....now I'm stuffed and uncomfortable. I did leave food on my plate just because I didn't want to explode while I sat there but I still ate more than I really wanted.

Pan fried chicken cutlet, baked butternut squash (leftover reheated), green beans (leftover reheated), steamed broccoli (microwaved) and the Kale Broccoli Slaw I played around with the recipe earlier today.

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 IMG_20161113_170436701

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, I drink milk, milkshakes, Pepcid, Maalox, Pepto Bismol and nothing helps with the pain.

OK..... Do you have a lot of stomach gas? ~ Gastritis?

Were you checked for a Peptic Ulcer ?

Have you tried Charcoal Capsules?

How about Mylanta? Dr. told T to mix in 1/4 tsp into Marias and Jims 8 oz. bottle when they were babies( infants ) It worked instantly

Have you had your liver checked for over ejection of acids?

NormM

NormM

The weather put me in the mood for corn chowder but I wanted to make it a one dish dinner so I added some ham and mushrooms.

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 DSCN3837_zpsqiyycql8

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhh, that looks delicious, Norm! That's a great cool weather meal for sure!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Norm, it's calling me saying, " JIMMY, Bring the Corn Bead, and Butter!"

NormM

NormM

There is a lot left over.

cookingirl

cookingirl

NormM wrote:The weather put me in the mood for corn chowder but I wanted to make it a one dish dinner so I added some ham and mushrooms.

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 DSCN3837_zpsqiyycql8

Delicious looking!! sunny

NormM

NormM

Thank you.

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, I drink milk, milkshakes, Pepcid, Maalox, Pepto Bismol and nothing helps with the pain.

OK..... Do you have a lot of stomach gas? ~ Gastritis?

Were you checked for a Peptic Ulcer ?

Have you tried Charcoal Capsules?

How about Mylanta? Dr. told T to mix in 1/4 tsp into Marias and Jims 8 oz. bottle when they were babies( infants ) It worked instantly

Have you had your liver checked for over ejection of acids?

I have had two endoscopies and a colonoscopy this year. My gut has changed so much.

Bugster2

Bugster2

That chowder looks yummy Norm.

NormM

NormM

Thank you. We thought it was a keeper.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Dirk is not feeling good.. he has sore throat and runny nose, yes.. I'm guilty, he caught my virus last week  Wink

This morning he told me that late at night last night he was hungry, he got up to look for a can/box of chicken broth, but he could not find any, as we rarely bought it, he settled his hunger with toast with loads of butter. After mass this afternoon I went to get a young chicken, and boiled it to make bunch of chicken broth, I boiled my chicken with ginger, peppercorns, lots of black pepper, a whole onion, green onions, bunch of garlic and salt... while I was boiling it, I cut carrots, celery, shredded some breast meat and broke some pasta to make some chicken noodle soup for him, it was a hit, he ate 2 cup of it

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 DSCN2941_zpswwof7lfv

I stored my broth in small individual containers, so he can eat/drink them anytime he wants for his late night supper, I had 2 more serving of  chicken noodle soup, and most of the chicken meat.. tomorrow I'm going to have my chicken rice with my favorite part of chicken, the juicy thigh

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 15036465_10211437522960126_2662330684992720135_n_zpscmxr72lu

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Dirk is not feeling good.. he has sore throat and runny nose, yes.. I'm guilty, he caught my virus last week  Wink

This morning he told me that late at night last night he was hungry, he got up to look for a can/box of chicken broth, but he could not find any, as we rarely bought it, he settled his hunger with toast with loads of butter. After mass this afternoon I went to get a young chicken, and boiled it to make bunch of chicken broth, I boiled my chicken with ginger, peppercorns, lots of black pepper, a whole onion, green onions, bunch of garlic and salt... while I was boiling it, I cut carrots, celery, shredded some breast meat and broke some pasta to make some chicken noodle soup for him, it was a hit, he ate 2 cup of it

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 DSCN2941_zpswwof7lfv

I stored my broth in small individual containers, so he can eat/drink them anytime he wants for his late night supper, I had 2 more serving of  chicken noodle soup, and most of the chicken meat.. tomorrow I'm going to have my chicken rice with my favorite part of chicken, the juicy thigh

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 15036465_10211437522960126_2662330684992720135_n_zpscmxr72lu

I am hoping for Dirk to feel better quickly.
Toast with butter is a good thing for the throat. It scrapes the poison away; my mother used to say.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your chicken soup is just the right thing to cure Dirk's cold....it's a proven fact that it truly aids in the bugs leaving!

I also have a lot of containers of chicken stock in the freezer. Dane makes soup most of the time when I'm not at home. He also has his choice of different soups ~ bean or chili ~ if he doesn't want the chicken stock to add ingredients to.

Bugster2

Bugster2

My husband announced the other day that he hates soup. He wants something to sink his teeth into for a meal. So, from now on I am going to feed him soup along with a sandwich and small salad. If he complains, he can go jump in a lake.
Still sick from the medicine. Couldn't take my dose last night 'cause my gut was on fire. I think I am going to have to switch back to the old stuff that doesn't bother me but doesn't really work either. IDK.

I was watching the news last night where the newscaster was in NY. He was wearing a heavy coat. I was laughing 'cause people out here are still in t-shirts, shorts and sandals. Been in the 80's and 90's but there is supposed to be a cool-down later this week into the 70's and 60's. BRRRR! LOL!

NormM

NormM

When I was in Alameda several years ago, I was amused to see, early in the morning when it was quite cold out, people walking in the park with jackets and shorts.

Crybaby

Crybaby

I've been out of pocket for the last week or so but here's a BIG BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Cookingirl! I'm glad you had a good one!

Norm, your bacon-wrapped venison loaf looked delicious, as did your corn chowder with ham.

Imelda, only you could make chicken noodle soup look so pretty! I'm sorry you and Dirk haven't been feeling well but I hope he's back to normal really soon.

Beth, your stuffed little peppers you made for your neighborhood pot luck looked divine.

Brian is making a bacon-wrapped meatloaf tonight and I'm in charge of the macaroni and cheese. I might make some grilled romaine on the side as well. The weather has been a lot cooler for the last week, which has been a blessing. Perhaps our Thanksgiving will be cool enough to enjoy the oven running a lot plus I love my little gas fireplace in the living room. It's so toasty and pretty when it's on. This will be our first Thanksgiving with our new oven and I'm soooo into it. Both Brian and I are still relishing the oven and the stovetop and wish we'd bought it sooner.

cookingirl

cookingirl

Crybaby wrote:I've been out of pocket for the last week or so but here's a BIG BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Cookingirl!  I'm glad you had a good one!  

Norm, your bacon-wrapped venison loaf looked delicious, as did your corn chowder with ham.

Imelda, only you could make chicken noodle soup look so pretty!  I'm sorry you and Dirk haven't been feeling well but I hope he's back to normal really soon.  

Beth, your stuffed little peppers you made for your neighborhood pot luck looked divine.  

Brian is making a bacon-wrapped meatloaf tonight and I'm in charge of the macaroni and cheese.  I might make some grilled romaine on the side as well.  The weather has been a lot cooler for the last week, which has been a blessing.  Perhaps our Thanksgiving will be cool enough to enjoy the oven running a lot plus I love my little gas fireplace in the living room.  It's so toasty and pretty when it's on.  This will be our first Thanksgiving with our new oven and I'm soooo into it.  Both Brian and I are still relishing the oven and the stovetop and wish we'd bought it sooner.  

Michelle, Thank you for the good wishes!!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Michelle, I'm glad you're feeling up to joining us again....I knew you'd return!

Thought of you the other day when I had to spray the underside of the outdoor lounge chaise ~ Dane was power washing the concrete in the courtyard and I thought the chaise could probably use a good spray-down. When I turned it over I was aghast at the NASTY whatever from the morning dew or afternoon showers that turned to what looked like something growing on the straps ~ G*R*O*S*S !

I went to the garage and grabbed the spray bottle of Krud Kutter and a long handled brush and made quick work of ICKY REMOVAL. I even wore gloves because I was afraid I might catch something from HIS lounge chair. LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight I fixed what is now commonly referred to as a 'sheet pan' meal.  I covered a half sheet pan with heavy duty foil.  I pre-cooked a large sweet potato in the microwave for 4 minutes to get it cooked about half way and placed it on the sheet pan.  Then I added three skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs seasoned liberally with s&p and 75% of the sheet pan was covered with chunked up carrots, parsnips & onions, seasoned with a drizzle of evoo and a good sprinkle of s&p.  I put the pan into a 400° oven for about 45 minutes and then for the final 20 minutes or so hiked the temperature up to 500° so everything would get nice and browned.

Supper was a huge hit with Mr. Amazing.  There was plenty and nothing was on his 'do-not-eat' list.  Personally, I thought it was pretty darn good tasting!

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 IMG_20161114_172932812_HDR

The best part was at clean-up all I had to do was fold up the foil and toss it. The mess was all contained and there are no pans to soak and scrub.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was digging through my freezer and found a bag of chicken parts so I thought I would try slow cooker chicken stock. No dinner tonight. Joe and Katie are going to the beach.

I was watching the news this morning and saw where Kanye West is thinking about running for president in 2020. Let me tell you, if Kanye ran and won, I would be outta here! LOL!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made some chicken salad with my boiled chicken breast for Dirk... it was so good.. so spicy as I added some jalapeno and serrano chilies, he likes it because he said the spiciness cleaned his throat.. yeah.. weird.. I know Shocked  

I saved 1 part for him later, he said he wanted to make some chicken melt sandwich for his supper, oh well..

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 5 Chicken%20salad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum