Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

101JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I've been craving this for quite a while and forgot about it JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 2855670339 lol! , until today I opened my pantry to see what to cook for our dinner meal.. I saw this canned Sardines sitting nicely at the back of my cabinet.. my DH does not like it so I cooked it for myself in my way.. I sauteed some chopped shallots and chili pepper, added sardine with tomato sauce, added some vinegar, salt and sugar, added chopped tomato and green onion and ooh.. it was out of this world JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 3593629538 .. I felt like I was at my home, having dinner with my Mom and other family members bounce

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 13

and this is Indonesian style veggies omelet.. usually sold on the roadside vendor for low cost meals.. egg with sauteed shredded cabbage, carrot, onion and green onion and chopped chili pepper ( optional))

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Telor-1

LOOKS good Imelda. I am a sardine eater too. When I eat them, I have to scrub the can with soap before I throw it away. Tina can smell the fish from any place in the house.

102JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:
bethk wrote: Oh, and the 9 yr. old talked me into a purchased Boston Cream Pie for dessert.

Oh, sure. Blame it on the 9 year old. That's what I'd do too :-)

It does sound like a really weak excuse, doesn't it???

BUT IT'S THE TRUTH!!!!

.....lol....

103JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, I do the same thing with eggplant and fried green tomatoes....Dane won't eat either but I still make them for myself. It's good to treat ourselves once in a while.

104JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm

JanaAZ

Here's our creamy tomato basil soup and salad with asiago cheese bread. It was really good, even though I didn't top it with a pretty sprig of basil for the photo.

Help???? I can't get my image loaded here. How do I do it? It's on my PC!!!

105JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jana you have to copy/paste it (code) from your photobucket file.

106JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 pm

JanaAZ

Ok, let's see if the tomato/basil soup posts here: 

Nope....I don't use photobucket and it won't post off my PC, so I guess no photos here.

107JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I don't know....but I have a hankering for a couple "Beth Burgers" on whole wheat sandwich thins. Nice onion slices and a circle of katchup, and sweet hot pickles on the side.

I don't know how this will come out because this is a new format that I got today!
I never saw the composing page like this. Oh Well! It is what it is! LOL

108JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

I don't know....but I have a hankering for a couple "Beth Burgers" on whole wheat sandwich thins. Nice onion slices and a circle of katchup, and sweet hot pickles on the side.

I don't know how this will come out because this is a new format that I got today!

me too its all messed up. I thought it was me & my new firefox.

109JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

How odd....nothing changed here.  I'm still struggling on this silly IPad, but other than that I haven't noticed any changes.

110JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight is golf night....I'm hoping for no thunder showers as they have predicted.  I really want a night out with peers....enough kids and grand kids!

111JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Check out the yellow of the previous post from Barbara! I sort of like it!

112JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:How odd....nothing changed here.  I'm still struggling on this silly IPad, but other than that I haven't noticed any changes.

yup it is totally messed up. huge changes. I don't like it at all JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 1450907917

113JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Check out the yellow of the previous post from Barbara! I sort of like it!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Oopsz

114JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yah on mine too. plus the smilies won't post right.  Evil or Very Mad

115JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:yah on mine too. plus the smilies won't post right.  Evil or Very Mad

I sort of like it! I just make sure I pick the color and the size and the Bold before I write.
Before, I had to highlight and then select the composing features.

Let me try a moticon! ....Sad ... Oh! They are so Tiny, I can't see them as to what they are.06.12.2013..Oooo Neta ...a date next to the smiley face.13:40:14 oh! and the time...nice! I like it!

116JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:24 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

mine too.. I need to find the right green font lol!

117JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I use quick reply, but in the right lower corner, there is a stretch and pull drag point that I have to make larger to type the words.

I don't see what to do to make the old one come back.
I see there is a color chart now. Nice, but I can't find the right indigo. This one looks more blue!..... 17:50:53

118JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina is cooking pierogi's for GD and herself.
I already pressed out burgers. I will eat the burgers (2) and just reheat the others later on or tomorrow!

OK...I know how to make the size stick that I picked. There is a size indicated, but it puts it together. I had to drag the second size word in bracket with the forward slant in the bracket. hahahahahaha 

119JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

huh???? jimmy how did you do that?? make the font bigger??

forums forum says they changed to new editor software :pat:no like.. my smilies won't post Crying or Very sad

120JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

huh???? jimmy how did you do that?? make the font bigger??

forums forum says they changed to new editor software :pat:no like.. my smilies won't post Crying or Very sad

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Sizexo

Barbara...see in your post 101, the words size are together in the yellow? You have to drag or erase the second word size in the bracket, and with the forward slash...and put it at your last thing typed on the end!

121JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

ok lets try this stupid thing again

type type .. doesn't work I am stupid-O.

I give up JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 2855670339

typing typing yadda yadda[/size]

Last edited by Barbara101 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 4 times in total

122JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am writing first then I will select the size! Nope...I had to scratch it out, and re-write /size in the brackets at the end.

123JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:ok lets try this stupid thing again

type type .. doesn't work I am stupid-O.

I give up JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 2855670339

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Sizetm

124JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I better put some food on this here before I get put in the doghouse for going O T on this thread!

Please Forgive Me! I am sorry! I will punish Myself by eating two of these burgers with swiss, and onion with ketchup! ... I like those thin sliced sandwich buns I think they call them.

Dessert and more punishment, will be an apple turnover. Later!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Flatburgers001

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Flatburgers003

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Flatburgers005

125JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 5 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

You can tell summer has officially arrived when your mouth only wants a great burger!

I just saw something on the Today Show...a lady made fried sweet potato bits by deep frying shreds of sweet potato stripped off the raw potato with just a peeler and then fried in deep fat until crispy...all to top a burger.  Yummy!  

I'm getting hungry for some inside-out-burgers.  I make two thin patties and then put together with a slice of onion and mozzarella cheese.  Have to be sure the edges are sealed really well and cooked slowly until done.  Amazing!  Of course you can vary the ingredients with whatever sounds good to you. Mr. Amazing likes peppers and feta for a Greek burger.  DD likes crisp bacon and Monterey Jack and diced onion.  Endless variety.  Hard to keep track of who's is who's once you put them on the grill....I bit into the Greek one once and gagged!  We all know mozzarella is the only one I do....oh, sometimes I'll add some pizza sauce.  Just don't put too much inside or they explode on the grill and it all oozes out.  I keep some foil closely to scoop 'em on just in case that happens so all the stuffings don't hit the coals.  The cheese getting crispy aground the edge on foil isn't such a bad thing, either....lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum