Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh, Barb, I'm glad you had ONE wonderful BLT this season. Glad your numbers didn't shoot you through the roof. Must be because you are so good 99% of the time....

Happy for you.

27JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 pm

NormM

NormM

Yesterday was Cassie's birthday (25) She invited family over. Charlie made Kalbi (Korean grilled beef short ribs) and she made a new chicken wing recipe. I donated a store bought tres leches strawberry cake-her favorite.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

28JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Norm....my birthday is near yours in July.

I like those tres leches strawberry cakes, too! (Hint, Hint)

Tell Cassie happy birthday for me, please.

29JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:54 pm

NormM

NormM

OK, I'll tell her. Would you like a recipe for tres leches? Very Happy

30JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara.. those Coconut Shrimps and burger look so yummy... JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 3593629538

Norm.. I love Tres leches cake but can't eat it too often.. too sweet Smile

31JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Yesterday was Cassie's birthday (25) She invited family over. Charlie made Kalbi (Korean grilled beef short ribs) and she made a new chicken wing recipe. I donated a store bought tres leches strawberry cake-her favorite.

Hey! ... Tell Cassie Uncle Jimmy, and Aunt Tina wish her a happy birthday.
I hope she got some nice gifts! ...
Very Happy

32JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 pm

NormM

NormM

When we moved here a year ago, her car barely made it. It made it to the street and we had to push it in the driveway. It has been setting there ever since. Charlie's gift to her is to get it fixed. My gift was the cake.

33JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:When we moved here a year ago, her car barely made it. It made it to the street and we had to push it in the driveway. It has been setting there ever since. Charlie's gift to her is to get it fixed. My gift was the cake.

wow.... that's a great gift. That's what we do with the kids for celebration or holiday events. Gift cards for car service / gas / tires / etc.

Geeze... I needed seat covers for my car when I was younger because the seats were all busted and torn.
Mom gave me a roll of duct tape. hahahahaha

34JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:OK, I'll tell her. Would you like a recipe for tres leches? Very Happy

Ah, no, I was thinking a little more of just sending you my mailing address.....

..lol lol!

35JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was a beef stir fry with oyster sauce seasoning it. DD had a piece of top round that I sliced and marinated in soy and red wine for a few hours. The vegetables were carrots, celery, onion, pea pods and napa cabbage. GS said he didn't like pea pods....oh,we'll, you can't win 'em all! .lol

I somehow doubt his stomach will distend with malnutrition over a few pea pods.....

DD and GS just went to the end of the street for ice cream for dessert for everyone. I sure hope my ice cream cone doesn't melt by the time they get here......and I certainly don't want to see tongue marks on it!

36JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Chinese Take out from two different restaurants, plus meatballs from Pronto's for Tina's Dinner.
Had a great time. I'm full; but I know I will be hungry in a couple hours.

37JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Last Nights snack! .... I was just wishing to bite into some butter. Hey! At least it's whole wheat bread.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Buddylee007

Tina today made me a great egg / ham / mushrooms /and cheese and tomato frittata.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Buddylee009

Breakfast was a fried cheese and egg sandwich on a soft Thomas' toasted bagel! Ummmmm Crispy cheese; nice and browned.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Buddylee001

38JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Jimmy, your egg and cheese sandwich looks like a grilled cheese you forgot to use bread with....

Crunchy cheese is a good thing I hear. LOL

39JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hey, Jimmy, your egg and cheese sandwich looks like a grilled cheese you forgot to use bread with....

Crunchy cheese is a good thing I hear. LOL

Oh Beth! It tastes like an open faced grilled cheese done in the broiler.

I fry the egg with my pepper concoction, and then add the Land O Lakes white american , and then flip it over so it browns. To release the fried cheese, I dip the bottom of the frying pan in a pan of cool water. The cheese hardens imediately, and then it can be removed without dripping and sticking to the pan or spatula.

Works even better with sliced mozzarella cheese.

I better watch out...today is appetite day. It pouring rain out and cool out.
Tina is still in her robe on the recliner on the laptop, and the big kitty is on her lap being a loaf. LOL

I'm thinking of what to make for supper. lol!

40JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I have cooked some pulled pork yesterday, today I'm going to add caramel sauce on it.. other than pulled pork sandwich, what is a good combo for it Question mashed potatoes? baked potatoes Question

41JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I have cooked some pulled pork yesterday, today I'm going to add caramel sauce on it.. other than pulled pork sandwich, what is a good combo for it Question mashed potatoes? baked potatoes Question

RICE... YOU SILLY!

42JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:13 pm

NormM

NormM

Here in the midwest, BBQ pulled pork usually is served with coleslaw, baked beans and potato salad. Memphis is famous for pulled pork and coleslaw sandwiches. Here is my favorite recipe for BBQ beans

1 can pork & beans
2 Tbs BBQ sauce
2 Tbs. Molasses
1/4 c. finely chopped BBQ meat
3 tsp. BBQ rub seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
a few drops liquid smoke

1. Combine all ingredients and heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

43JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I would probably do what Norm suggested......

However, since we all know you so well, I'd bet you have your pulled pork with RICE, as Jimmy said, and I'll add a side of home bring-tears-to-your-eyes chili sauce.....

Lol

44JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just got done mixing up chocolate cup cakes with the 9 yr old.

Amazing how strange his mind works. I put the batter in a zip bag so he could squeeze it neatly into the cup cake papers and he told me the chocolate batter looked just like his dog's you-know-what.

Boy, this is going to be a long summer!

45JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I just got done mixing up chocolate cup cakes with the 9 yr old.

Amazing how strange his mind works. I put the batter in a zip bag so he could squeeze it neatly into the cup cake papers and he told me the chocolate batter looked just like his dog's you-know-what.

Boy, this is going to be a long summer!

Ha Ha Ha Ha .... Doo Doo Cakes! JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 2876911673

46JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:I have cooked some pulled pork yesterday, today I'm going to add caramel sauce on it.. other than pulled pork sandwich, what is a good combo for it Question mashed potatoes? baked potatoes Question

RICE... YOU SILLY!

you and Beth know me so well.. lol! JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 3593629538 of course rice for me.. but for my DH I'll do what Norm says.. coleslaw and some of my bread, I just got back from store to get some cabbage JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 3593629538

47JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Imelda HL wrote:I have cooked some pulled pork yesterday, today I'm going to add caramel sauce on it.. other than pulled pork sandwich, what is a good combo for it Question mashed potatoes? baked p
otatoes
Question

I forgot to get cash when I checked out at the store,so the gal says you can buy some gum & I can run it through lol i don't chew gum so I picked up a womans day mag. Not a thing of any interest what so ever except the recipe on the back page,, Caramel sauce!A recipe from Rick Bayless.OMG it is so easy to make.

I can't have it it has 2cups of sugar.

I am going to post it so it doesn't get lost here.

48JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:I have cooked some pulled pork yesterday, today I'm going to add caramel sauce on it.. other than pulled pork sandwich, what is a good combo for it Question mashed potatoes? baked p
otatoes
Question

I forgot to get cash when I checked out at the store,so the gal says you can buy some gum & I can run it through lol i don't chew gum so I picked up a womans day mag. Not a thing of any interest what so ever except the recipe on the back page,, Caramel sauce!A recipe from Rick Bayless.OMG it is so easy to make.

I can't have it it has 2cups of sugar.

I am going to post it so it doesn't get lost here.

I'd like to know how he makes his caramel sauce, mine is so easy too

49JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

posted it..

50JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Fried Fettuccini in oil and butter. Crispy and crunchy.

GD had two Grilled Cheese,,.......and she made them all by herself! WOW!

Tina had cereal.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Friedlinguini001

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 2 Friedlinguini004

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum