Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

326JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

We ended up with crab Rangoon, egg rolls (included with meals), General Tso's Chicken, Kung Po Chicken and Moo Shu Pork. We have enough leftovers to have another full meal.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 3593629538 

gen tsos is my fav .I have made it several times sugar free.not the same but will do when I have need.so many chinese carryouts around here & none are any good.

327JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Most of the dishes are way too sweet for me, the moo shu pork is Dane and my favorite, the hosin sauce is sweet, but we only use a smidgen on our light pancake. The first time we had it was in Chinatown in San Francisco....never expect to have as good unless we return sometime.

328JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had Chinese takeout too. I had 2 egg rolls and a little over a pint of pork fried rice.
The hot spicy mustard cleaned out my sinuses for sure. Yum!
We all had wonton soup also. I love the greens.

The girls went next door from the restaurant, and bought a couple slices of pizza. Not for me!
I don't like mixing Chinese food with pizza. I just want to enjoy the flavor of the Chinese food.

An An An An Annnnd... I just finished 30 minutes ago, and I am HunGry!

329JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, it doesn't make any difference what cuisine you eat....an hour later you always say you're hungry again ! LOL

You should probably check into an I.V. System of getting your daily calorie intake.

330JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good news, Jimmy ! You aren't the only one who gets the "munchies" after a Chinese take out meal. When I got up this morning I found that all the leftover crab rangoons were gone as well as most of the Kung po chicken....I didn't hear anyone during the night, actually slept for over 5 hours straight without awakening....very nice for a change to be sure.

I was really thirsty when I woke up. I assume that was because of the high salt content in all of our choices...the moo shu, in particular, with the hoisin is a major culprit in that area. But a nice (watered down) glass of low acid orange juice quenched my thirst much more than the glass of water I drank first.

331JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Good news, Jimmy !  You aren't the only one who gets the "munchies" after a Chinese take out meal.  When I got up this morning I found that all the leftover crab rangoons were gone as well as most of the Kung po chicken....I didn't hear anyone during the night, actually slept for over 5 hours straight without awakening....very nice for a change to be sure.

I was really thirsty when I woke up.  I assume that was because of the high salt content in all of our choices...the moo shu, in particular, with the hoisin is a major culprit in that area.  But a nice (watered down) glass of low acid orange juice quenched my thirst much more than the glass of water I drank first.

Yeah! It's amazing I don't blow up with water retension when I eat salty. Now after we ate last night, DD and BF come over with Chinese that they buy from another place they drive 9 mi. away. It was amazing, because DD called and said,"You Guys Want Anything Chinese; because we're going to Washington to get it?" .... I said NOoooo We are getting it now at Hong Kong Palace! ... I told her to bring it over here, and we will all eat together.
Naturally I ate already, but when they arrived, OMG, the house filled up with More delicious flavors.
Actually, the food tasted better than what we get here. hahahahaha

My mouth felt like cotton when I awoke today, and I slept good. 3AM to 10 is a good long sleep for me. Now I am Hungry! LOL

332JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight I grilled some chicken thighs, seasoned with just s&p, baked potatoes along side in the grill and some French green beans.

When I cook thighs on the grill I start them cooking in a sprayed disposable foil pan. The fat renders off the thighs in the pan and starts to cook through but doesn't cause flame ups and blackened skin. When they are cooked about 3/4 done I remove them from the pan and let the skin crisp up without burning. The foil pan is usually sooty on the outside so when it cools down I just drop it into the garbage can. I let the potatoes cook in the microwave for about 4 minutes and then, when still hot I put them on the grill to crisp up the skins. You'd never know they were started in the microwave that way. I think the main thing is not to overlook them so they get that mushy texture.

I even remembered to go out to the garden to grab some fresh chives to stir into the sour cream for the potatoes....good stuff!

333JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nothing Special This last day of June!

Pots on the table, and Chli Dogs / French Fries / Canned Bush's Baked beans / And some sausage and sauce that Tina heated up with potato wedges.

Here is Me and GD Scoffing down the viddles.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Xb22

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 6od2

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Oy2e

No! I am not hungry! .... YET....!!! But I will fry bacon for breakfast and BLT's sandwiches for tomorrow. I was all worn out from working on the car today. What else is new!! LOL
Can't wait to climb in the shower! Hope it doesn't give me another appetite! lol! 

334JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 1011898_10151721000085469_2038039386_n

brats,veggies on a stick JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 1309145179

oh & I picked up,what I thought to be heirlooms, dang they where yellow grape tomato.No Mad 

335JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 1011898_10151721000085469_2038039386_n

brats,veggies on a stick JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 1309145179

oh & I picked up,what I thought to be heirlooms, dang they where yellow grape tomato.No Mad 

Looks Great to Me Barbara... How bad could those tomatoes have been?? Bite and spit bad, or snif and throw bad? hahahahaha

336JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

How come you guys didn't tell me about the hot dog Sunday ??? I could have done that, too.

Barb, I love food on a stick! How come it seems to taste so much better than when it's just tossed on the grill without the skewers? Nice supper !

337JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:28 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara.. your shrimps look so good.. and the hot dogs too

Beth.. I miss your food pics

Jimmy you have a beautiful GD.. oh I like the Brisk ice tea in the bottle..

it's so hot in here.. I did not cook.. we ate lunch at the potluck.. plenty of foods.. many kind of salad, chili bean, menudo soup, pulled pork, a few buckets of KFC.. it surprised me seeing a lot people ate KFC in a potluck party with plenty of good homemade foods.. and oh the desserts.. oh.. lemon cake, chocolate cake, fresh fruits, various cookies, pound cake.. like a little bakery on sale :Dwe did not eat too much though, the small parish hall was packed so there was a long line to get the foods

just now I ate a bit of leftover chow mien for supper, and I'm stuffed,  I drank a big glass of strawberry soda with ice.. it's so refreshing, I know it's not a good habit, but in this extreme heat we have to have some bottles of soda stand by in my fridge... later tonight before going to bed I'm going to make some frozen mango and strawberry smoothies

338JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:00 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

our late night refreshment... frozen banana and strawberry smoothie.. it's so refreshing for the hot summer nights.. I make it every night, mixed fruits, whatever fruits on sale.. now my freezer is full of fresh fruits, more fruits than meat Laughing  I bought a lot of seedless grapes, peaches, strawberry, mango, bananas, they were on weekly sale, 88 cents/lbs for grape and peaches, 50 cents/each for mango, 99 cents/lbs for strawberry.. 49 cents/lbs for banana... so it's time to stock up and make a good refreshment every night JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 3593629538 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 DSCN6819

339JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Barbara.. your shrimps look so good.. and the hot dogs too

Beth.. I miss your food pics

Jimmy you have a beautiful GD..oh I like the Brisk ice tea in the bottle..

it's so hot in here.. I did not cook.. we ate lunch at the potluck.. plenty of foods.. many kind of salad, chili bean, menudo soup, pulled pork, a few buckets of KFC.. it surprised me seeing a lot people ate KFC in a potluck party with plenty of good homemade foods.. and oh the desserts.. oh.. lemon cake, chocolate cake, fresh fruits, various cookies, pound cake.. like a little bakery on sale :Dwe did not eat too much though, the small parish hall was packed so there was a long line to get the foods

just now I ate a bit of leftover chow mien for supper, and I'm stuffed,  I drank a big glass of strawberry soda with ice.. it's so refreshing, I know it's not a good habit, but in this extreme heat we have to have some bottles of soda stand by in my fridge... later tonight before going to bed I'm going to make some frozen mango and strawberry smoothies

Thank You Imelda. She is 20 already. They sure do grow up fast!
I never drink the bottle ice tea, but if say it's good, it must be. I usually make the Lipton Iced Tea powder, and I mix that myself. It says 3 tsp. for a glass, but I like Strong and Dark tea, so I put 5 heaping teaspoons. I only mix it a little, because like a KID, I enjoy the last drink when the Sugar slides down the glass, and then I suck on the ice cubes with the sugar. Oh So Good.
I am glad you drink when it is hot. I have to remember to drink when I lose fluids from perspiring, like today monkeying with the car. Sounds like you had a great time at the church Pot Luck

340JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:How come you guys didn't tell me about the hot dog Sunday ???  I could have done that, too.

Barb, I love food on a stick!  How come it seems to taste so much better than when it's just tossed on the grill without the skewers?  Nice supper !

Beth... If the car needs any more work and parts, we will be having hot dog monday and tuesday and wednesday... an on and on and on!
It's like yesterday. DD came over with Chinese from another restaurant, and she said,Daddy,"What did you have?" I Said,"Poor mans Chinese Dinner!" Soup, and Rice!
I was just kidding naturally, and she choked and a noodle came running out of her nose! hahahahaha...SOOoooooo FUnnn Eeeeee!!

341JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:13 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:our late night refreshment... frozen banana and strawberry smoothie.. it's so refreshing for the hot summer nights.. I make it every night, mixed fruits, whatever fruits on sale.. now my freezer is full of fresh fruits, more fruits than meat Laughing  I bought a lot of seedless grapes, peaches, strawberry, mango, bananas, they were on weekly sale, 88 cents/lbs for grape and peaches, 50 cents/each for mango, 99 cents/lbs for strawberry.. 49 cents/lbs for banana... so it's time to stock up and make a good refreshment every night JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 3593629538 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 DSCN6819

Imelda, Did you make that with a VitaMix machine or a JuiceMan Machine?? ....

342JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:27 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

nope.. I use Ninja blender, the cheaper one... I abuse it every day during summer, so far I'm happy with it.. last year I used Magic Bullet and it only lasted a summer.. the machine would not run anymore.. I contacted the CS and did not get any response so when i was at Kohl's I saw this Ninja blender was on sale and I had extra 30% off coupon.. so I got it for very low price JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 3267860543

343JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:52 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

nope.. I use Ninja blender, the cheaper one... I abuse it every day during summer, so far I'm happy with it.. last year I used Magic Bullet and it only lasted a summer.. the machine would not run anymore.. I contacted the CS and did not get any response so when i was at Kohl's I saw this Ninja blender was on sale and I had extra 30% off coupon.. so I got it for very low price JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 3267860543

I heard of that blender. We just have a regular old Cuisenart Blender that there are no more parts available. (I'm sure I could find them on line though)
Then we bought the Mr. JuiceMan... OMG We went to the School Auditorium and listened to and watched a man make all kind of juice from the fruits and vegitables. It was a expensive machine. Like $230.00 I think it was. I didn't care. I let TINA Buy It. I made Lots of Money when I was a young worker on overtime; so that payed for the blender It was great, and we used it and friends came over and we made all kinds of juice with it. All the skins and rinds and peels would go in the stainless steel grinder and wind up in the basket in the machine. Then it became a fad. We maybe used it 12 times, and it just now sits in the cabinet.

It was funny, because Tina brought home so many stuff like watermellon, and cantelope and weird fruits and vegetables and berries. Then like,,,Pooof* It became put to sleep in the cabinet with all the other blenders and machines Tina Has. hahahahahahaha...

344JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I bought a lot of seedless grapes, peaches, strawberry, mango, bananas, they were on weekly sale, 88 cents/lbs for grape and peaches, 50 cents/each for mango, 99 cents/lbs for strawberry.. 49 cents/lbs for banana... so it's time to stock up and make a good refreshment every night

this is such a great buy.Our fruit is so freaking expensive.It is cheaper to buy frozen.If I shop Publix all the stuff comes from Ca.Tasteless.
they had watermelon on sale last week & I sure wanted some. yikes it had a rid 2` thick & the nice dark pink of good watermelon was washed out light pink. I could see it was not ripe.Crying or Very sad 

Ga peaches (they say) are $1.79lb.I treat myself once in awhile to frozen seedless green grapes ( to high in sugar) they are almost $2.lb.so I only get a small amount.We have farmers here who do grow but it is only at the farmers market on Sat morning. to stinking hot for me to go.

grocerys here just have it shipped in & it is bad Evil or Very Mad 

345JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:[

I heard of that blender. We just have a regular old Cuisenart Blender that there are no more parts available. (I'm sure I could find them on line though)
Then we bought the Mr. JuiceMan... OMG We went to the School Auditorium and listened to and watched a man make all kind of juice from the fruits and vegitables. It was a expensive machine. Like $230.00 I think it was. I didn't care. I let TINA Buy It. I made Lots of Money when I was a young worker on overtime; so that payed for the blender It was great, and we used it and friends came over and we made all kinds of juice with it. All the skins and rinds and peels would go in the stainless steel grinder and wind up in the basket in the machine. Then it became a fad. We maybe used it 12 times, and it just now sits in the cabinet.

It was funny, because Tina brought home so many stuff like watermellon, and cantelope and weird fruits and vegetables and berries. Then like,,,Pooof* It became put to sleep in the cabinet with all the other blenders and machines Tina Has. hahahahahahaha...

Jimmy.. that's one of the reasons I don't buy expensive small kitchen appliances.. I usually use it for a period time and then forget about it, either buy new one or find a new thing to do.. I have 3 Cuisinart FP, different sizes, one came with a blender jar, I only use the small one, the other 2 are in the boxes and neatly sit in my cabinet, I have a juicer too, I used it for a few times then I put it away because I found it too hard to clean, now I stick with this Ninja blender and let's see if it'll  last until the end of summer this year JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 14 1838020472

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum