Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 19]

76November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:35 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes.. Oats . I have a couple apples left so I am going to make a apple crisp.I also found a small bag of granola in the cab, think I will use that.

Those apple I made last week ,I made up a nuts,raisin with cinn,fake brown sugar.so good..I really am eating to many apples they are sugar. But the granny has the least..Berries are not good now..Might have to go with frozen..

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 12196040_10206084044714313_5898682118112855030_n

Just got my new DO.. Gosh the thing is so heavy..Awesome.. I can't wait to cook something in it.Pic does not show how bright red  it is either..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 12196040_10206084044714313_5898682118112855030_n

Just got my new DO.. Gosh the thing is so heavy..Awesome.. I can't wait to cook something in it.Pic does not show how bright red  it is either..

Tina loves it Barb. We have ( or shall I say, She ) has the pumpkin.

She loves it for stews and soups.... Me.... I will not cook in it. I will get blamed if it cracks or chips etc.

bethk

bethk
Admin

That is awesome!

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 4137497845

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sorry, I am a bit slow. What is DO? As for the pot, it is simply beautiful. What brand is it? It looks very expensive.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugs, it is a Staub dutch oven.Yes and no about expensive. To me a piece of French quality cookware is well worth the money..

Dinner is planned for tonight so I need to think about what to make in it.The bottom is heavy but the top is crazy heavy..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftovers for supper tonight. I have got to clean some stuff out of the refrigerator or it's going to jump out and commit suicide! LOL

He's having chicken enchiladas and I'm going to do the meatloaf. I think I'm going to make a small potato to go with it since it's just for me and I miss having potato.

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 11214117_10205531889081311_468298286453937693_n

grilled tenderloin..slaw..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Of all the pork we eat, the tenderloins (the smaller ones) are such an easy and flavorful cut to prepare. They cook quick and you can add all kinds of flavors. Personally, I love the roasted vegetables you have along side, Barb. Remember when we only boiled vegetables? Suddenly, roasting is all the rage and for good reason ~ the vegetables taste so much better. Nice meal!

'He' wanted tacos. I didn't. So, he got his tacos and I got a taco salad. I had some guacamole, too.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 11.06.15

Niagara Visitor

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 12196040_10206084044714313_5898682118112855030_n

Tina loves it Barb. We have ( or shall I say, She ) has the pumpkin.

She loves it for stews and soups.... Me.... I will not cook in it. I will get blamed if it cracks or chips etc.

I have (almost) enough pots and things to open a store......... but, that red DO is just about enough to make me purchase another one......................... Some women lust after shoes, jewellry etc., I lust after kitchen "stuff" I think there are probably a few more here on this chat line!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boy, ain't that the truth! I'm envious but know I don't cook enough meals that are large enough anymore to do justice to owning one as beautiful as Barb's. She does take the time and effort more than most....and the results are usually stunning!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a cup of oriental noodles. Just feeling rotten today.

Tina and Gabe are having a roasted chicken and mashed potatoes and corn.

I may have something else later.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Feeling puny Jimmy? Hope whatever ails you goes away soon.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Feeling puny Jimmy? Hope whatever ails you goes away soon.

I hope so too bugs...... thanks.
It feels like a snake crawling around through my intestines.

Bugster2

Bugster2

It's funny. A person can function ok with a bad cold, an allergy, aches and pains but when it comes to a gut issue, it is really hard to function, especially if nausea is involved.

91November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:It's funny. A person can function ok with a bad cold, an allergy, aches and pains but when it comes to a gut issue, it is really hard to function, especially if nausea is involved.

So true!... It really is at a stage where if the pain and burps and seeing green, gives relief by just
sitting a certain way, or holding the head forward, then that's the way it is to be!
Like Tina said just a few minutes ago,"Hon, do you want a pillow for your neck?"
I said,"No....the neck pain takes the pain away from the stomach pain!" LOL

92November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh Jimmy, that sounds bad. Go to the ER. I know you won't.

93November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Gosh Jimmy, that sounds bad. Go to the ER. I know you won't.

Barb, this is something that happens sometime. I relate it to change in the weather / season. ....... or my favorite.... " diverticulitis". LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

I relate it to your eating habits.. Crying or Very sad

I know several folks who have that and they have to be very careful with the diet..

Niagara Visitor

Perhaps your gall bladder?

96November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:36 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, please take care of yourself.
This seems to happen quite often. Please contact your doctor. It could also be related to the medications you are now taking..Too much change at once and stress related.
Or a side effect from one of them.
((hugs))

97November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:44 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Yesterday went out with a friend for a late lunch/early supper at a great Italian Seafood Restaurant. They have regular Italian food along with fish specialities. They are expensive, but we splurged--or so I thought.

It was an early b-day celebration for me and a late one for my friend. I was shocked when Marie picked up the entire bill.

On to food: I had veal marsala with homemade rigatoni. So good. I have not had veal in about a hundred years; marsala in about 50 years--(ha ha).
It was melt in your mouth perfect. The marsala was the best I have ever had. The pasta, oh--the pasta---so soft, but al dente...yum!

My friend had 2 huge crab cakes which were a special appetizer. That along with the pesto aioli sauce along with fresh italian bread, dipped in the EVOO mixture made up her meal.

We both had 2 drinks.

Had such a good time, chatting with the waitstaff also. Only a bartender and a waiter...they were so nice.

At the end, they brought out a cake with 2 candles--one for Marie and one for me....

I have leftovers for tonight!!

98November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That sounds absolutely wonderful, Cookingirl!

Since I'll be on the road tomorrow for a week, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" a little bit early....

Have a great one!

99November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:19 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, please take care of yourself.
This seems to happen quite often. Please contact your doctor. It could also be related to the medications you are now taking..Too much change at once and stress related.
Or a side effect from one of them.
((hugs))

Thanks cookingirl. I know there is a stress factor involved.
Also.... I previously had IBS.
The gastro dr. wants me on probiotics; which I started, but then stopped.
I don't think its the drugs, because this has been happening last year way before the new meds.
The only diet change is way more fiber that I had previously eaten.
Maybe it's the seeds in the whole grain stuff??? I do have diverticulitis.

100November............ what's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:26 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Maybe it's the seeds in the whole grain stuff??? I do have diverticulitis.

No shit..lol skip all grains..Except maybe oats..I know you will not tho..

I have issues with a new med..So now I take loperamide 2 to 4 a day..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum