Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well my internet is down. However the WiFi is on. I can post but can't get to my photos . I can't figure out how to get to them from tablet or phone..

Bugster2

Bugster2

How can your internet be down but your WIFI on? It doesn't make sense.

Barbara101

Barbara101

That's what I thought. Lol. Laptop says no internet access.

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 12187667_10200888344448821_4536557569854373850_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ok got the app for PB . I don't have a clue how I got this on here!!!!!

Niagara Visitor

Chicken breast and a whack of sprouts for me today.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I love alfalfa sprouts but I am now afraid to eat them because of the E. Coli. Bean sprouts are ok 'cause they get cooked but sometimes I just want those alfalfa sprouts but I resist the urge.

58November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Niagara Visitor

Bugster2 wrote:I love alfalfa sprouts but I am now afraid to eat them because of the E. Coli. Bean sprouts are ok 'cause they get cooked but sometimes I just want those alfalfa sprouts but I resist the urge.

Mine were Brussels sprouts!

59November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good looking stirfry! What did you do? Leftovers and fresh-cooked shrimp to turn it into a 'new' meal?

I was impressed with myself tonight. My flatbread/pizza on the grill came out just as I hoped it would and the Greek salad was a perfect side. I called one of our neighbors and invited her to join us. She said it was better than a bowl of cereal she had planned....LOL. Seriously, she was really happy with the meal. Even Mr. Amazing said it was good ~ not too heavy, nice thin, crispy crust and not much sauce on the dough. Of course, Greek salad is one of his favorites so I had that going in my favor for a good review from him. I made my usual dressing but added just a touch of honey to take some of the acidity out of the lemon juice. Amazing how just a minor change can really improve a dressing.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 11.03.15

60November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:07 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks great Beth..Last time I made pizza like that on the grill, I burned it up lol..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nothing really creative came to mind, but it was a good supper after a busy day.....

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 11.04.15

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 10991248_10205215990352695_3885536168158641781_n

balsamic onions gravy..Chop.. mashed cauliflower..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks like a French Onion Burger....YUM!

Niagara Visitor

I just finished a great dinner of freshly caught (this morning) Lake Erie perch and a yummy salad of tomato, cucumber, onion, radish, green pepper and avocado. I am going to try to learn how to post pictures, it was so pretty, and sooooo yummy.

Fisherman son is taking advantage of the lovely fall weather and going out with his boat as long and as often he can before he has to store it. There's enough perch for tomorrow too.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm green with jealousy! That is one thing I so miss from living in Ohio very near Lake Erie. The perch! It's so sweet. And there's nothing to compare.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had pop corn chicken nuggets from kfc chicken place. Mashed potatoes and pepsi which I didn't eat. I did sip that pepsi, and OMG....it is so sweet! I can't imagine how anyone can consume all that drink, and Tina said there is a larger size they offer.

Tina had two pierogi and Gabe had meat balls in sauce / corn / and tater tots.

67November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Niagara Visitor

[quote="bethk"]I'm green with jealousy!  That is one thing I so miss from living in Ohio very near Lake Erie.  The perch!  It's so sweet.  And there's nothing to compare.  [/quote

Come for a visit, Beth. Danny will give me some perch!

68November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Apple%20custard_thumb3

Dessert...

69November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Apple%20custard_thumb3

Dessert...

Looks good Barb. Made me think of.....remember a baked apple with cinnamon and sugar inside the apple??

My MIL used to bake the apple in a pie crust shell. I forget what they call them, but they were so good!

70November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:13 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Apple dumplings.

71November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:47 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Apple dumplings.

That's it! thanks bugs. I don't know why, but apple Betty was in my mind, but It just didn't jive with the dumpling word.

72November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:02 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

well I went with the plain apple.

I am watching everything I eat..NO sugar. No white flour..NO NO NO fast food.......

I am going to live the rest of my life,issue free..Food health issues..By eating the right foods that will not be hard..

It is about life choices and I choose to go out healthy lol..

73November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks good Barb. Made me think of.....remember a baked apple with cinnamon and sugar inside the apple??

I made them last week. Stuffed apples..Truvia not sugar..

74November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:14 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Took a small pork tenderloin out of the freezer.Bag of broccoli slaw for a side.and I have a few asparagus.Maybe something else to go with.. Will grill it..

75November............ what's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:18 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

So, Barb, if you wanted baked apple would you use rolled oats? Are they a healthy(er) choice because they are a whole grain and have the fiber and bran? The filling could be rolled oats, butter, Truvia & cinnamon?

How about making it into a sort of casserole with the sliced (peel on) apples on the bottom and then that same mixture on the top?

Would those be fairly healthy choices? Or would I be sabotaging Dane's efforts for low carb by even suggesting this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum