Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wish I had the energy to make that.. November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 3593629538     November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 4137497845

bethk

bethk
Admin

It wasn't all that much trouble....I looked on Foodily.com for a recipe that sounded good to me, one where I had the ingredients in my refrigerator and pantry, and then made some adjustments for my taste.  I had a bone-in chicken breast thawed for our supper so instead of grilling it I just poached it for a while and then shredded the meat.  I had a can of green enchilada sauce and the green chiles so the rest was easy.  The enchilada crema was just sour cream with an equal amount of green enchilada sauce ~ it was really good on the rolls.

Here's what I based it on:

Chicken Enchiladas
(Southern Living)

These easy, cheesy chicken enchiladas come together in a snap and are faster and way more delicious than fast food.

• Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients
• 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained

• 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
• Vegetable cooking spray
• 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
• 1 (8-ounce) bottle green taco sauce

• Toppings: diced tomato, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives

Preparation
Stir together first 4 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Coat tortillas with vegetable cooking spray.

Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Stir together sour cream and taco sauce. Spoon over hot enchiladas, and sprinkle with toppings.

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 12196268_10104348421001352_8026983056797079517_n

I am lazy today..Grilled shrimp and veggies..All of 15 minutes..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 12196268_10104348421001352_8026983056797079517_n

I am lazy today..Grilled shrimp and veggies..All of 15 minutes..

Looks good! It must be cool there by now? huh?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Great story, Lore!  Amazing how our memory gets a bit muddled over time, or is it our taste?

With all the talk about tamales you guys got me thinking about something Mexican.  Chicken Enchilads with assorted toppings:  Extra green sauce, Cheese, Black olives, Enchilada Crema, Tomatoes, Avacado & Green Onion.  Side of Mexican rice to go on the side.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 11.02.15%20a

My loaded enchilada:

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 11.02.15

Wow!... now they look good! I would do beef or pork for me though!

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:It wasn't all that much trouble....I looked on Foodily.com for a recipe that sounded good to me, one where I had the ingredients in my refrigerator and pantry, and then made some adjustments for my taste.  I had a bone-in chicken breast thawed for our supper so instead of grilling it I just poached it for a while and then shredded the meat.  I had a can of green enchilada sauce and the green chiles so the rest was easy.  The enchilada crema was just sour cream with an equal amount of green enchilada sauce ~ it was really good on the rolls.

Here's what I based it on:

Chicken Enchiladas
(Southern Living)

These easy, cheesy chicken enchiladas come together in a snap and are faster and way more delicious than fast food.

• Yield: 4 servings

It does look very easy! Copied for our next meal!

Ingredients
• 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained

• 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
• Vegetable cooking spray
• 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
• 1 (8-ounce) bottle green taco sauce

• Toppings: diced tomato, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives

Preparation
Stir together first 4 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Coat tortillas with vegetable cooking spray.

Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Stir together sour cream and taco sauce. Spoon over hot enchiladas, and sprinkle with toppings.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks good! It must be cool there by now? huh?

86` today.. November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 1297124391 November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 2787578702 November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 1562938848 November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 1562938848

33November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 pm

NormM

NormM

A long time friend in Seattle posted a picture of a new Nordic loaf pan. It is for quick breads but since the French bread i made the other day was gone after two days, I decided to make some more today. While the bread was rising I went to Williams Sonoma and liked the pan enough to get one. I know it isn't for yeast bread but I put one of the loaves in it anyway. I also wanted to try an Italian meatball recipe and so we had the meatballs, bread and a salad for dinner tonight.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 DSCN3108_zpsygvezkid

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 DSCN3111_zpsa9aeq85z

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 DSCN3113_zps440d4p7t

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

34November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

What a great idea Norm. I wonder what other pans would produce a beautiful loaf like that. It seems that your yeast dough could work in any pan. I have seen a pan that makes the loaf look like a challah without actually braiding it.

35November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:27 am

NormM

NormM

I was thinking this pan might be a good one for Challah.

36November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:35 am

Niagara Visitor

It would be great for Challah. I have a baking pan which is shaped like a rose. It's difficult to get the cake out sometimes.

37November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:A long time friend in Seattle posted a picture of a new Nordic loaf pan. It is for quick breads but since the French bread i made the other day was gone after two days, I decided to make some more today.  While the bread was rising I went to Williams Sonoma and liked the pan enough to get one.  I know it isn't for yeast bread but I put one of the loaves in it anyway.  I also wanted to try an Italian meatball recipe and so we had the meatballs, bread and a salad for dinner tonight.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 DSCN3108_zpsygvezkid

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 DSCN3111_zpsa9aeq85z

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 DSCN3113_zps440d4p7t

Delicious looking Norm. Just the way I eat my spaghetti. Not a lot of sauce. Tina likes hers, swimming in sauce!....
BTW.... the bread slice is only half buttered. On a diet?.... LOL
And that bread.....Oh Ho Ho Ho ....It's making me drool! Ummmm....nothing like home made bread and butter.

38November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:52 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today, we had salmon patties, potato auegraten sp?
and carrots. Pickles on the side for me!

bethk

bethk
Admin

The Nordic pan makes a beautiful loaf.....but it's rivaled by the equally (or more) beautiful loaf you formed on your own. Now you have me checking to see if I have any yeast.....

40November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:00 am

NormM

NormM

Jimmy, after the butter softened a little more, I spread it over the rest of the slice.

Beth, even though I use a sour dough starter, after the sponge has bubbled up and added flavor, I add some bread machine yeast with the rest of the flour. No need to take a chance it won't rise or will take hours and hours. That has happened sometimes with the sour dough starter by itself.

41November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have so many bits of leftovers so dinner will be a stir fry or plate full of leftovers..

42November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm going to make flatbread on the grill and have it with an arugula salad w/homemade dressing made from one of my Myer lemons (that I grew all by myself!).

43November............ what's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Norm, where did you get your starter? Did you start it yourself or did you order it?

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have 3 lbs of plum tomato starring at me.. Guess I will make sauce.. For what? IDK.. I am not eating any pasta..

NormM

NormM

Bugster2 wrote:Norm, where did you get your starter? Did you start it yourself or did you order it?

I once had a starter from San Francisco that I kept for a couple of decades. When it finally bit the dust, I decided not to get anymore but about two months later a friend sent me some from King Arthur as a Christmas present along with a crock for keeping it. That is the one I have now and it's about two years old. During the summer I keep it in the refrigerator and let it go dormant. There can be up to 6 months that it just sits there before I wake it up and start using it again.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:I have 3 lbs of plum tomato starring at me.. Guess I will make sauce.. For what? IDK.. I am not eating any pasta..

You can make it and put it into 4 oz. containers and then reheat for chicken parm. Don't need pasta for that (unless you want it). I've not been breading my chicken cutlets lately, just pounding and (maybe a dusting of flour, but not necessary) a quick saute in evoo. Melt some moz on top & some of the sauce. Salad along side. Dane's been happy with it.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I didn't know you could let them go dormant.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Good idea..

NormM

NormM

Bugster2 wrote:I didn't know you could let them go dormant.

You can freeze it too. Heat is what kills it.

Bugster2

Bugster2

You learn something new every day. The trick is remembering it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum