Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration

+4
cookingirl
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 12]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The ying yang looks good bugs....
The shrimp and broc looks great Barb...

I am going to have Lobster bisque that DIL made, and I froze. We had it for Christmas eve; so
i wasn't going to waste it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

ying yang...ooo laaa laaa....ting tang...walla walla bing bang....~~

As a youngster.....I thought that was the stupidest song...

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:ying yang...ooo laaa laaa....ting tang...walla walla bing bang....~~

and how do you feel about it as a oldster.. affraid   January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 2876911673

Barbara101

Barbara101

Geeze Louise, Barb....your 'leftovers' look just as good as the original meal. Nice

Ha funny but I eat shrimp so much,it really is common,then the grilled thighs,broccoli  just broccoli altho  I did use lots of lemon ,,so good.

But what did me in was the fresh made sausage..OMG  January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 652761166 January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 2599281016 January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 2599281016 January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 2599281016

Bugster2

Bugster2

Niagara Visitor

I have friends coming for a quick overnight on their way home from Jamaica to BC via Toronto. They requested a German meal, so it's red cabbage, home fries and Schnitzel. Black Forest cake for dessert. No, I did not bake it, the grocery store does a real good job of it.

There will also be a nice tossed salad, not German, their salads are not as nice as mine!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh Thanks bugs.... now I am trying to get it out of my head.
I keep think singing it.... LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:ying yang...ooo laaa laaa....ting tang...walla walla bing bang....~~

and how do you feel about it as a oldster.. affraid   January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 2876911673

As an oldster....I wish it was on the radio and I could go back to the period bounce Even if it means having Biff beat the living heck out of me!.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 Butterflied%20chic6

Boid ready for grill//Good rub down & stuffed under skin. Butter,garlic,thyme.salt /pepper..cooling in fridge for the past 3 hours..

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's a good way to let the flavorings to really sink into the chicken.....good idea!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 Butterflied%20chic

done, right before dark.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yum, Barb....looks perfectly cooked. Love the even cooking when you take out the backbone.

I did some chicken breast cutlets w/sweet chili dipping sauce, fried potatoes w/onions and fresh green beans.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 012215

Bugster2

Bugster2

I had the cravings for Honey Baked ham so tonight will be ham on croissants with Dijon, gherkins, swiss, lettuce and tomato. Roomie declared last night that she won't eat any meat or carbs for now. We'll see how long that lasts when she has to start cooking for herself.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Every ones meals look delightful. Even Barbs smashed flat chicken. I'll bet it cooks well done like that?

The chili was good .... and I had two bowls with a few crackers.

Tina had ice cream with pineapple sauce on top.

I just came in from burning a load of pigs feet on the outdoor grill. Jeepers....I looked like a cave man cooking on the deck all bundled up. The grill would only get to 400 degrees with the 28 degrees outside temperature this evening. It's working; the feet are nice and charred.
Tina wants to cook them tonight slow and low on the cook top. Poor thing found she had not enough fresh garlic, and so she ran to Weis to get some.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I read that a snow storm was moving in your area. Better make sure your kitchen is fully loaded.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I read that a snow storm was moving in your area. Better make sure your kitchen is fully loaded.

Bugs.... we are ready ...
We are supposed to get 2 to 4 inches of snow / ice / rain mix on Saturday.
Good that it is on the weekend so that the kids don't have to be in the morning crazy idiot traffic getting to their work places.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I could never live in a place that snows. I couldn't drive. I would kill myself. I was watching the news where an SUV was driving down the street, hit some ice, turned sideways, and slid that way down a whole block before smashing sideways into a building. Not good. I could never drive in Europe either. Driving on the wrong side of the road. I would forget and hit someone head-on.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I could never live in a place that snows. I couldn't drive. I would kill myself. I was watching the news where an SUV was driving down the street, hit some ice, turned sideways, and slid that way down a whole block before smashing sideways into a building. Not good. I could never drive in Europe either. Driving on the wrong side of the road. I would forget and hit someone head-on.
tongue

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I write but nothing sticks to the post?????????

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 Vesuvio2

Saw this recipe for a chicken dish called Vesuvio  ??

First step,, fry up a mess of potatoes that make a mess...

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's sister is here for a couple days of respite so I did the ribs I seasoned earlier in the week.  I was going to cook them on Tuesday or Wednesday but when she said she was coming to visit I tossed 'em back in the freezer for a couple days and had them tonight.  They were pretty tasty, along with some roasted cauliflower and a tossed salad.

for whatever reason my photobucket account is saying my pic is deleted.....even though I can see it. I'll try to add it later.....

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 Vesuvio6

HA oddly enough I had chicken thigh..Tastes really great. I will make this again..Maybe with Ore Idas lol.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am about to make "Beth Burgers".....
Nice plain burgers with ketchup. Maybe cheese burgers.

Ooops.... hahahaha...forgot this was still open. Ate the burgers...yum!
All cleaned up, and ready for the snow!

bethk

bethk
Admin

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 8 012315

tryin' for the pic to show up again.....

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had an Indian spice rubbed chicken and baked zucchini sticks. One Indian and the other Italian. Strange combination but I wanted to try some new recipes. The Indian chicken was excellent, the zucchini was over-cooked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum