Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration

+4
cookingirl
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Huh!
I had a 1/2 of Tinas omelet. Then 4 Entenmans doughnuts ../. (sp?? IDC)

I grabbed a slap sandwich. A slice of cheese, and slapped into a folded slice of white bread.
Two chews, and a swallow with a gulp of water. Just like in jail! hahahagaha.
I was busy today breaking down a pallet of 1 - 1/2 tons of wood pellets.
I set DD's aside for her to pick up in her truck, and humped the rest under the deck for our use..

It's 12:10 AM now, and I am hungry!... Maybe I will cook my omelet for breakfast later, and the smell of it cooking will make me full! I don't think so!... It would be like giving a monkey a banana, and telling him No No...eat that tomorrow!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 10417460_431442427011619_2266690087492465949_n

Nachos... geek

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftovers was vetoed so we went out for a sandwich and now are on our way to a meeting....

way too busy to be retired. Phew!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's off with his Tuesday golf scramble group.  They will stop for a (very) late lunch, early supper after they are all done on the links.

I think I'm going to warm up the last of the beans, oh, I mean, black eyed peas and greens from New Years and have a couple soft boiled eggs on top.  It's been probably a year since I had that.....guess who would NOT like it?  

So many people don't like to cook for themselves but I really kind of like getting to eat the things only I like and not have to worry about making a second meal for him or just probably not eating some of my favorites and making a meal both of us will eat.

He got home just as I was dishing up my supper.....he had country fried steak, mashed potatoes & gravy and spinach. Boy, was he happy when he saw what I was eating! LOL

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 010615

NormM

NormM

I was thinking about making chili tonight but Cassie suggested Pork Bulgogi so that is what I made along with some Korean spinach. The rest is store bought.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 DSCN2154_zps91c6267a

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 DSCN2155_zps42e760da

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks good, Norm. What do you do with the seaweed? I've only seen the bulgogi eaten with the lettuce.

Bugster2

Bugster2

For some reason it was 80 degrees here today. Funny 'cause we had snow just last week. I made a chuck roast with gravy and pan fried potatoes and carrots. We like 'em with a nice brown crust.

For dessert I made root beer floats that were spiked with caramel Bailey's and vanilla vodka. Our roomie and my DH thought they had died and gone to heaven. It was so good.

NormM

NormM

We use it as a wrap like lettuce or just eat it plain.  We like the kind that is seasoned and like to munch on it like crackers.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth and Norm, the food looks good!
Bugs... the chuck roast and the crisped potatoes and carrots sound delicious...

We had burgers tonight...with as seen on TV .... the pocket burger maker. N O T !!!

What a PITA$$ that contraption is... I was ready to flush that down the toilet.
The beef sticks to it unless you oil the living heck out of it. Then it doesn't seal after the meat is oiled.
I made two, and they are the last two I make in the rest of my life with that contraption.

Tina bought them for stocking stuffers for me and the kids. hahahah...I cannot wait till DD tries to make burgers with it. I wouldn't want to be near her when she throws it across the room. LOL

GD and DW had the stuffed burgers with mushrooms and onions, and cheese.

I made Gabe and me just a plain ole cheeseburger. Cheese and onions on top.

We all had frozen Orida oven baked french fries. Good!!

Tina made two apple pies for dessert. DD was to stop after work to pick up one, but that never happened. I had two small slices of the pie. Tina really came out above and beyond with these pies this time. Perfectly cooked apples and no runny water in the bottom. Yummm!!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I use to make stuffed burgers all the time to put on the grill in the summer. But I just did two thin patties that got the edges pressed to seal. Half the time the stuff inside would get too hot and when you bit into it the thing would sort of EXPLODE and spurt hot juices all over the place.

I'll be like you and stick to my stuff on the top. Thank you very much.

But, I would love to have a slice of Tina's pie. That sounds good to me right now.....breakfast apple pie. Yum.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jambalaya with sticky rice:

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 010715

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 428621_240310759395779_1795260305_n-1

Enchiladas

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

made sloppy joes tonight. Ate too much, and stomach pain now. not good.

cold here... 4 degrees at 1:30 am. Tomorrow sounds like a good soup day.

We shall see....

Niagara Visitor

-10C here right now, it has been much colder. I've had a beef withdrawal which I fixed up last night with a great Sirloin strip steak, some sauteed onion and portablla mushrooms. Yumm, Yumm!

Tonight it's going to be some chicken livers with onions and peppers served over quinois. Yumm again!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, dear, Lore ~ WAY, WAY too cold for me anymore. I was chilled with our 30° weather this morning. It did warm up in the low 60°'s this afternoon so I have nothing to complain about (especially since Dane was able to go golfing as he had planned....).

Tonight I wanted to use up the river shrimp I cleaned the other day. No way am I going to waste something that takes me so long to prep!

Spaghetti with shrimp.....did a sauce of white wine, a bit of chicken stock, parsley, thyme, red pepper flakes & butter. It was pretty good. Dane even did a second helping ~ that doesn't happen all that often!

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 011814-1

Niagara Visitor

I'm not thrilled with the cold either, but, my condo is warm, I have a pool I can swim in pretty well any time, and I don't have to go out to work. No complaints here!

I just finished my chicken livers, they were soooo good. I just sauteed some onions, then added some yellow and red pepper pieces, some snap peas, spiced it up, added the chicken livers, and let it all simmer for about 40 minutes. I thickened the liquid that developed,and ate it ove some quinoa that I had. I think rice might have been better, because the quinoa is flavourful on its own, but that's what I had.

The chicken liver package was $4.12 and there's enough for tomorrow! What a deal for a yummy meal.

cookingirl

cookingirl

It was 0 degrees when I woke up at 8 AM this morning... I stayed in most of the day; just went out to dump the trash and warm up my car..Tomorrow is a warm up! It is supposed to  be 27-35 degrees tomorrow!!!
wow--what a difference a day makes! But we will have a lot of snow showers/flurries/squalls tomorrow morning!...
It is now an official 17 degrees!!!!!!!!

I had some leftover pasta/sauce/meatballs today...
It was a nice warm meal.
It was nice and cozy in this apartment..--for a change.... I hung up some really heavy insulated drapes..My cousin helped me hem them yesterday.. It was nice and warm in here...
Artie enjoyed his new large Cat Tree...(Christmas gift)....so I am grateful.....just have to work on health insurance now--a very long story

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 User56875_pic5990_1407116683

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

all beautiful meal pictures... your pasta and shrimps look so good Beth January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 3593629538  

my Photobuckets is full, so I signed up another account now Razz  

here ware some of our dinner meals..

Chili beans soup with beef

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 5_zpsfe725425

fish sandwich with salmon patties ( I hope I don't double posted it )

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 7_zpsa13f82a3

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 8_zps1b60442d

Dirk grilled a good steak

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 6_zpsb1744876

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 Parmchicken

Can you believe I have never made chicken breast with mayo & parm ,bread crumbs. Till now... January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 3470128989

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:
Can you believe I have never made chicken breast with mayo & parm ,bread crumbs. Till now... January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 3470128989

Where were you in 1965??? LOL Looks great, and something I haven't made in YEARS!

We had leftovers of the pork loin w/hard cider gravy. It was still good as 'do-over'.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 010915

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:all beautiful meal pictures... your pasta and shrimps look so good Beth January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 3593629538  

my Photobuckets is full, so I signed up another account now Razz  

here ware some of our dinner meals..

Chili beans soup with beef

fish sandwich with salmon patties ( I hope I don't double posted it )

Dirk grilled a good steak

Your meals all look great, Imelda. Bet Dirk isn't looking forward to you being gone for a month, even if it is to visit with your mom. But he'll be glad you get to go even if he does have to fend for himself some of the time.

I have a message that my photobucket acct. is 52% filled so I think I have some time before I have to do another account. Actually, I'm considering just going in and deleting a number of the pics that aren't all that good anyway.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 Parmchicken3

Taste great,, January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 2599281016 .  I will be making this again..

NormM

NormM

Temperatures have been down in the single digits. Car wouldn't start, kitchen cold water line froze up. It started running later and everything was OK. Plumber who didn't charge anything said the pipes I have are very unlikely to break. They expand instead. He told me to put a return air vent in the ceiling where the pipes are so some warm air can get in there.

I made chili tonight.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 3 DSCN2167_zps7bdf68eb

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Every ones meals look great. Nice pork Beth!
Barb....the chicken parm looks good. DD has a recipe from her old boyfriend that we call Pauls Chicken.
Believe it or not.... I will eat it. It's fried chicken breasts, breaded ....then in the oven in a pan with 2 jars of parmesan cheese and heavy cream....then she bakes it. My pieces they cut 1/8" thick so I will eat it. It has to be good for me to eat like two or three slices. It is definetly a heart clogger with all that cheese and cream.

Been MIA a few days. Severe stomach / chest esophagus spasm's. GERD. felt better today for the first time in days. That Zantac is really fast working. Kills the pain in like 30 minutes.

Had German Pork sausages that Tina braised with onions. Had that with sliced fried potatoes and applesauce. Jimmy and wife stopped by after work to eat also.
So far...So good.... no pain. I better get to bed, because the relief without pain is making me think of food food, and more food.

'"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum