Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration

+4
cookingirl
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

cookingirl

cookingirl

I made a new soup. It is from Alton Brown on the Food Network.

It is called Christmas Soup~~~~~don't know why, but may be because of the colors in it..
Real quick and easy to make.

It had kielbasa, red kidney beans, garlic, kale (I used baby kale), baby red potatoes and chicken broth...the flavor enhancer was a touch of red wine vinegar at the end...
Delicious!!

I had enough for 2 meals and put some away in the freezer.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Is that Artie???  So cute.. cat

Oh soup sounds good..

cookingirl

cookingirl

Yes, Barbara....finally!!! that is Artie.......Artie is a cutie....but he can be the opposite also..especially when he wants attention...he hates to have me talk on the phone!!! He jumps everywhere is not allowed---as in on top of the entertainment center, sniffing the 46 inch TV....

It took a while for me to figure out about changing my avatar....but I did it this morning!!!

The soup was good..a 'keeper'.. do not know how it will stand up to freezing...but no loss, no gain..

This Sunday or Monday, I am planning on making Norm's, John Madden's stew...
It is the kind of weather up here where I need hot comfort food...especially if I stuck in the house watching the snow and cold....I try out just half a recipe on things....

cookingirl

cookingirl

still can't upload pictures from my Macbook pro laptop...sigh

Barbara101

Barbara101

cookingirl wrote:still can't upload pictures from my Macbook pro laptop...sigh

I am so lame with this stuff.DS keeps telling me to get a Ipad..????? I must say my iphone takes great pics,if I can figure it out lol.Pics on other sites look so good when I view them with my Iphone too.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookingirl...the only way I know of to download pics to the forum is via a photo sharing site like Photobucket. But, like Barb, I'm not all that good at it. I can only do it one way and am really crappy at trying to talk someone through it, espcially since I have a PC and don't know squat about Apple products.

Interesting you can upload to Facebook and not here....I don't understand how that all works.

(that's how come I KNEW that was a pic of your sweetie, Artie!)

Barbara101

Barbara101

Interesting you can upload to Facebook and not here....I don't understand how that all works.

That is the easy part.I got that right away.I also downloaded instagram but I forget to use it.

when you take pic with your phone,you hit FB icon & asap your pic is on your page,

Then if I want to use it here I have to right click & put it on my Pic folder on laptop Then download to photobucket,,whew.

bethk

bethk
Admin

HUH?

Boy, you lost me.

I'm a visual learner. If you would stop by and show me, I could do it (more than likely). But if you tell me about it, well, it's as if you're speaking Greek. Now days it's a learning disability. When I was in school it was more, "What's wrong with you? Aren't you paying attention????"

LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 12 Scalloped%20ham%20and%20potatoes

leftovers..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftovers coming up for me, too.

Pulled a frozen casserole of cabbage rolls out of the freezer......found some mashed potatoes to reheat in the microwave and a couple servings of salad in a bag in the vege drawer.

He's not having cocktails but I am.....Bloody Mary (time 2) and maybe I'll be putting supper on the table.

LOL

Niagara Visitor

Posting here from my uncle's place. We just finished the rabbit dinner, oven roasted potatoes, broccolli, and coleslaw.The consensus was "delish" but to me, I've done better.

The problem for me was that I couldn't find a roasting pan that is as good as my Magnalite professionl one that I have, and I had to make do with putting the rabbit into a pyrex dish. It never browned.

Uncle is happy, there are leftovers for tomorrow, so all"s well that ends well, right?

NormM

NormM

I got some chicken piccata at Sam's (Family size) and made asparagus with hollandaise and a salad with romaine, leaf lettuce, strawberries, cucumber, hard cooked egg, bacon, and pecans. Dressing was with lemon juice, white wine vinegar, sugar, oil, poppy seed and sugar.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:Posting here from my uncle's place.  We just finished the rabbit dinner, oven roasted potatoes, broccolli, and coleslaw.The consensus was "delish" but to me, I've done better.  

The problem for me was that I couldn't find a roasting pan that is as good as my Magnalite professionl one that I have, and I had to make do with putting the rabbit into a pyrex dish.  It never browned.

Uncle is happy, there are leftovers for tomorrow, so all"s well that ends well, right?

The difference in opinion comes from someone who doesn't get a meal like that on a regular basis...'Uncle' was probably very happy to have you come and cook for him. When the weather is better and you are able to get him to your house you can do it all over again and make it perfect.

It was nice that you went to cook and have dinner with him.

Niagara Visitor

Thanks. Yes, the three that were here all said it was great. But, once you have done YOUR dish in one particular pot, then you become a little more discerning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum