Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner??

+5
Barbara101
cookingirl
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Barbara101

Barbara101

SOooooo! Maybe I

WILL try to make a (If I May call it?) "Shepherds Pie!"

seems some folks call it Cottage Pie too.

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 2787578702   something weird going on with my laptop..gets super hot on the bottom,shuts itself down. Deletes stuff I save..I have to click 3 or 4 times for pages to open.Turns stuff all blue. No scratch

OH & photobucket has totally changed.I have to go all around my elbow to get it to open..PIA..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 2787578702   something weird going on with my laptop..gets super hot on the bottom,shuts itself down. Deletes stuff I save..I have to click 3 or 4 times for pages to open.Turns stuff all blue. No scratch

OH & photobucket has totally changed.I have to go all around my elbow to get it to open..PIA..

Do you know how to do a hard drive disc check and repair?? Sound like the pathways are corrupt.
If that doesn't work, then may have a bad chip on the mother board.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Do you know how to do a hard drive disc check and repair?? Sound like the pathways are corrupt.

huh? September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 2876911673    you do know who you are talking to , right ? Ms Dumbass of laptop.

Guess a trip to repair shop is in order.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Do you know how to do a hard drive disc check and repair?? Sound like the pathways are corrupt.

huh? September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 2876911673    you do know who you are talking to , right ? Ms Dumbass of laptop.

Guess a trip to repair shop is in order.

Oh No!..... September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 1450907917

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm and Barb did me in with their pics of family pot roast night.  That's all I've been able to think about.  My tongue was ready for it and I did not disappoint!

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 092214PotRoast

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 092214

I am SO stuffed ~ ate too much, but it was such a good meal. We ate the fatty side of the chuck roast and the leaner half got sliced up thin and put into a casserole dish with the rest of the potatoes and carrots (the onions get chopped up and stirred into the gravy) and it's all covered in gravy. In a couple days we'll have the leftovers and it will be just as good as it was tonight.

That's what I love about our little forum here. When I don't know what to fix, someone gives me an idea or I'll go back over the month and look at the posts ~ suddenly I'm hungry for what someone else made!

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 Jucylucy01

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper = pumpkin soup DD made....then a burger on the grill on light buttered toast, and a slice of LOL ( Land O Lakes ) cheese.

Dessert.... the mommy made rice crispy treats. OMG.... every time I pass by the pan, I take a piece.

And those take a little piece ones surely add up. The pan is 1/3 gone already.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The pot roast looks lip smackin good Beth.
I love the carrots roasted like that. ummmmm

Barb... those onions on the beef burger look so good.

We had burgers tonight, but on mine, I refrained from adding onions.
Tomorrow AM I see the DR for measurement for cataract lenses.
I don't want to have the onion burps while she sits in front of my face looking into my eye's.

Hmmm.... I could always wear my snorkel mask, and that would direct the burps to the back of my neck.

NormM

NormM

Cassie made dinner tonight. She did a crusted chicken breasts, green beans with mushrooms and a spinach salad with raisins and sugared walnuts and bleu cheese . She also served some corn that I made a few days ago.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Cassie made dinner tonight. She did a crusted chicken breasts, green beans with mushrooms and a spinach salad with raisins and sugared walnuts and bleu cheese .  She also served some corn that I made a few days ago.

It's nice when someone else (Family Cooks) cook dinner.

Like today DD made pumpkin soup, and she added a few potatoes diced to the soup. It was so good. I finished my bowl with a few leftover breakfast biscuits.

I was semi -full but then I made some grilled square burgers. Square??
Yes!.... Only because no rolls, and just some nice thick sliced white bread.
That way, the square burger fit the toasted bread perfectly.

Actually, meals now, are cooked by doing Two different meal plans.
Tina;s 90 YO uncle lives with us, and he is a diabetic. Meals for him have to be cooked differently. Plus +++ He is a Very Very fussy eater. He won't cut his meat, and it has to be soft and mushy for him. He won't eat pork, because he says pork has worms and parasites. Yet , he will eat a ham sandwich.

If bread is too soft, he say's it's doughy, and it will stick to his heart.
Mayo in potato salad he says, is poison. ( He remembers the TV saying Mayo at a BBQ is dangerous, and can cause salmonella poisoning.)

SO, it is hard to cook for someone like that. His wife was to blame, and she catered to him like a Mommy with a new baby boy!. He was her baby boy!
They had no children.

NormM

NormM

After dinner, Cassie said getting married is like winning the lottery: You get relatives you didn't know you had wanting invitations to the wedding.

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:After dinner, Cassie said getting married is like winning the lottery: You get relatives you didn't know you had wanting invitations to the wedding.

Is the wedding in November?

NormM

NormM

November 8th at 5pm.

The Vox Theater
1405 Southwest Blvd.

If coming from the south, take I 36 to exit 233A, turn slight left to Southwest Blvd. ramp, Turn right at light onto Southwest Blvd, Drive under Overpass. The Vox is on the left.

Last edited by NormM on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 Bakedmanicotti

Dinner made.Now just to wait.. Manicotti

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 Bakedmanicotti

Dinner made.Now just to wait.. Manicotti

Oh! Boy! wow!!! ..... Gettin out the first one is the trick and invitation to keep
pulling out more! They look awesome! bounce

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:November 8th at 5pm.

The Vox Theater
1405 Southwest Blvd.

If coming from the south, take I 36 to exit 233A, turn slight left to Southwest Blvd. ramp, Turn right at light onto Southwest Blvd, Drive under Overpass.  The Vox  is on the left.

I went to the theater web site. Very Nice. I'm sure you all will have a great time there.
There was an old theater in Morristown, NJ called the "Community Theater".
I worked in the theater and did a retrofit to adapt the old Air Conditioning system to use modern new equipment. I was amazed at how the theater was so majestic in its time.
They received grants to restore it, and all that could stay, would be just cleaned and still left in tact.

The theater had been empty and closed for years. I have a piece of it. It is a huge mercury Heavy Brass Thermometer that was mounted way above the ceiling above the seating area in the end of the Cat Walk. I guess one of the theater operators, had a person that adjusted the A/C manually with levers and old knife switches to keep the theater cool.

The theater is in use today, and it is all live plays and entertainment.

I just love seeing all the old buildings like that....

NormM

NormM

To be honest, I had not seen the theater until you said it was on line.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh! Boy! wow!!! ..... Gettin out the first one is the trick and invitation to keep
pulling out more! They look awesome!

heheh I could have cared less how it looked.I just took a big spatula to it. September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 11 1223290054

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, Barb, what in the world made you think of making manicotti??? LOL

That looks fabulous. I'll just bet it was a yummy supper and will be a great lunch tomorrow.

I went with Lyn & Barb down to Orlando today. Lyn had to take her car in for service so we spent the day down there. Had a ball.

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:To be honest, I had not seen the theater until you said it was on line.  

That is too funny....father of the groom ~ what ARE your responsibilities???

Our church was in the middle of a major renovation when our oldest was planning her wedding. The only place they could have had their ceremony and reception was in the gymnasiam with the basketball hoops in place.

So she decided on an old refurbished Catholic Military School (is that an oxymoron?)....

http://www.nazarethhall.com/

They had a small chapel upstairs and the reception was in the old dining hall on the main floor with a massive amount of old leaded glass windows. They also have an outdoor grotto to use for outdoor weddings, and Dane's niece had her wedding there. It's pretty amazing when they take the time to restore some of the old buildings. No such quality in stuff built today.

NormM

NormM

Father of the groom only has to show up for the wedding, go to the reception and shake hands with the new Mrs. Matthews, eat some food and take my ex wife back to the airport.

Oh, did you know that the only ones who are allowed to wear light gray at a wedding are the groom and the father of the bride?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Father of the groom only has to show up for the wedding, go to the reception and shake hands with the new Mrs. Matthews, eat some food and take my ex wife back to the airport.

Oh, did you know that the only ones who are allowed to wear light gray at a wedding are the groom and the father of the bride?

and take my ex wife back to the airport.

Sounds to me, like punishment after having a good time!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Norm, you must be SO looking forward to that! (Sorry....I just couldn't resist....)

The wedding venue is very nice. I can hardly wait for pics of the wedding.

NormM

NormM

She wanted to get here the morning of the wedding and go back the next day.  The plane arrives at 5am on Sat. and someone would have to leave here at 4 am to pick her up.  We thought we'd talked her into coming on Friday night but then she called back and said she'd take a taxi here on Sat morning.  40 or so minute ride in a taxi?  I hope we finally succeeded in getting her to come Friday night.  We thought she would stay in a motel but she wants to stay here. Cassie's brother from New York and his fiancee are probably going to stay here too and Cassie and Charlie will not be here Sat. night. Just me. We may have some people sleeping on blow up mattresses.

PS Charlie's mom and I have always been civil to each other. It was the #2 wife that only lasted a year and is someone I don't want to ever have to see again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum