Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner??

+5
Barbara101
cookingirl
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

What a surprise snack I just had.

Ready for a late bedtime snack. Oooops!.... darn, no peanut butter.
Toddle downstairs to the store room pantry...and grabbed a Skippy peanut butter.
Lathered about 3 Tbs. on bread, and the first bite....yuck!
It said 15% reduced fat. It doesn't even smell or taste like peanut butter.

Boy! the monkey's would be peeved off with this fake peanut butter.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lathered about 3 Tbs. on bread, and the first bite....yuck!
It said 15% reduced fat. It doesn't even smell or taste like peanut butter.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 411572088 Hate that low fat anything but PB is super bad.I do not even like the natural or organic ,DD buys the honey one omg good ,sadly I can not eat it with all that sugar.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Way to go, Imelda! Funny how all three of us were on the same wave length!

Lore - it sounds like you will continue to have great crowds of visitors even when the farm is being cared for by that nice young couple who purchased it from you. It's not the location, it's the occupants (and their guests) who 'make the place' ! Enjoy your condo and all the benefits (especially when the snows start to fall).

Jimmy, I'm with you and Barb. The low/no fat varieties of most everything I've had turn me off completely. Oh, I suppose if I really had a need to change my diet I could get by, well, maybe not ~ maybe I'd just cut way, WAY back on my portions of the 'real' thing.

Sometimes, especially here in The Villages, I've noticed the no/low fat and no/reduced sugar products are the only ones on the shelves. I know I've often had to forgo purchasing Dane's French Vanilla Coffee Creamer for that reason. He only drinks one cup of coffee per day and he wants the full fat, full sugar variety. It's all a personal choice. I also have trouble with finding 'regular' jams and jellies - the low sugar varieties abound here. I don't use it often, but when I do, I want the old fashioned kind I've eaten my entire life.

Niagara Visitor

Thanks, Beth. Don't even get me started on all the low fat either. Most of the low fat salad dressings end up being full of sugar and additives, and other stuff I can't pronounce. We all have to learn to eat less in volume, but eat the good stuff.

I love to eat a few peanuts, and that's what I'll eat when I want "natural". They haven't removed the fat from them yet, have they?

Bugster2

Bugster2

I would prefer to have a small dose of vitamin G than all the low fat foods I can eat. I wonder if 1T of "real" peanut butter has less or more fat than 4T of low fat peanut butter? It would be interesting to compare low fat vs. regular when you cut back on the quantity of the regular fat item.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I would prefer to have a small dose of vitamin G than all the low fat foods I can eat. I wonder if 1T of "real" peanut butter has less or more fat than 4T of low fat peanut butter? It would be interesting to compare low fat vs. regular when you cut back on the quantity of the regular fat item.

I'm a 4 Tbs. peanut butter user on each slice of bread + that dug out finger full as a super thrill of gluttony ! September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 2876911673

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today will be Salmon patties. ( canned Alaskan Salmon + onions and bread cubes and 1 egg.

Potatoes au' gratin and beans.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brisket here.   Funny to, I never buy this cut of meat.It was on super sale so I figured oh heck why not.I can alway grind it up some & give it to my 'girls'..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Love, love, love brisket. I use to do a Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith) recipe. Took forever but was the absolute best brisket sandwich I ever tasted. It got roasted at 450° with a bunch of vegetables for an hour (I think), then it got simmered in water/broth with the vegetables until falling apart tender. Cooled down in the liquid and then sliced thin - put on toasted sub buns with melted mozzarella.

Fabulous flavor.

I've got a steak salad planned for tonight.....I asked Dane if that was OK with him and he actually said it sounded wonderful. Phew! Now he won't pout....

LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, don't save any of the extras for me. Salmon is not a favorite of mine....I don't even like the smell of it cooking when I make it for Dane. But you enjoy.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I bet you could make a good Philly cheesesteak with some of that leftover brisket.

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Jimmy, don't save any of the extras for me.  Salmon is not a favorite of mine....I don't even like the smell of it cooking when I make it for Dane.  But you enjoy.

Not  a fan of canned but I really like wild fresh caught..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, don't save any of the extras for me.  Salmon is not a favorite of mine....I don't even like the smell of it cooking when I make it for Dane.  But you enjoy.

I don't like salmon either, but for some reason the canned salmon I will eat. If it has spine bones, I like it even better.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

don't know why, but I' craving canned sardines, cooked in spicy tomato sauce and eat it with warm rice. I cooked it before and I know Dirk was not really excited about it, but he did not object either, so today, I'm making him fresh baked Ciabata bread, he will have salami and cheese sandwich and he does not know yet, I bet he will smile from ear to ear when he sees it lol!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 LY8YRz

Salmon patties....

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 RoastBeef

Beef roast.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 RoastBeef

Beef roast.

Tina said...beautiful!..... Crock pot??....

One thing though. For me...no touchy touchy tomatoes and peas.

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes crock pot. browned the meat. stuck it with garlic gloves, 1 can beef broth & package lipton soup mix,, pepper. then I made gravy from the beef juice.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:yes crock pot. browned the meat. stuck it with garlic gloves, 1 can beef broth & package lipton soup mix,, pepper. then I made gravy from the beef juice.

Wow!... Bet it was tender?

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here's my steak ready to put on my salad....

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 SteakSalad

Steak Salad for supper....

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 092914

Barb - you can let the peas touch the potatoes all you want. I LOVE to eat peas or corn that's been spooned on top of my mashed potatoes....actually, just about any vegetable with a mashed potato base. Good stuff, Maynard!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

aw.. all dinner meals look so good and delish September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 3593629538

Jimmy... that was a well fried salmon patties, not greasy, Barbara and Beth.. beautiful color on your meals

here is my Sardines cooked in spicy tomato sauce, it was so good.. I had to have the second plate Razz

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 54-1

I baked fresh Ciabata bread for D's sandwiches.. he loves them.. he ate 2 sandwiches, meaning 4 slices of bread, 12 medium sizes hard salami, 4 slices of Habareno cheese and bunch of spinach and tomato
September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 1838020472

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 14 56-1

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, you are the only person I know who can make canned sardines look good! I'm glad you were able to have that meal that took you back to your childhood.

And I can truly understand why Mr. Dirk was smilin' and chewin' and smilin' some more! Great looking bread and sandwich. Great job!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Everything looks wonderful.    I have to buy my bread now ..My breadmaker went belly up.

Y'all can have all the fish in cans you want,,Pass..lol

Bugster2

Bugster2

I agree about the fish in cans except for tuna. I think I have opened one too many cat food cans and it has turned me off to fish in cans.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks Great Imelda. I love the hot sauce sardines.
It's amazing how people aquire a taste for certain things.

I started with anchovies placed on trays of antipasto. If one could get past that, I guess then any canned fish would be easier to accept.

I don't like the skinless and boneless sardines...They have to have the fins and tails. Weird.

Mackerel is good too! ....

And our fuss ass cats will not eat any human edible canned fish! .... Will not eat fresh or cooked shrimp...or any fish. They have to have their stinky cat food canned fish >>>):>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum