Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner??

+5
Barbara101
cookingirl
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper today can be... Leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes...
Leftover Salmon Patties...
..............................................OR..................................................

Something New. It's amazing how the tongue drools for something like meatloaf, and the next day, it's like... Ughhhh...Meatloaf again??? Naaaa! Hmmmmm!!!!! ... Ya can't give it away!! You know how many people cringe at the thought of eating meatloaf?? ...

I have sliced thin 1/8" sandwich steaks in the freezer. We make what we call Italian Steaks

We get the old Cast Iron pan out, and pre-heat it, and in a little oil, we fry the steaks with Italian seasonings and a dusting of garlic powder. We just eat that with a knife and fork, and buttered or oven heated / toasted garlic bread.

It's such an easy meal for us. Gabe (the uncle ) can't eat that because he has to chew. He does have some missing teeth, but he said if he eats on the other side, his jaw gets tired! hahahahaha
He has no trouble with hard cookies or potato chips though. L O L ...
He can have stuffed cabbages and a sweet potato in the microwave.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:aw.. all dinner meals look so good and delish September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 3593629538

Jimmy... that was a well fried salmon patties, not greasy, Barbara and Beth.. beautiful color on your meals

here is my Sardines cooked in spicy tomato sauce, it was so good.. I had to have the second plate Razz

I baked fresh Ciabata bread for D's sandwiches.. he loves them.. he ate 2 sandwiches, meaning 4 slices of bread, 12 medium sizes hard salami, 4 slices of Habareno cheese and bunch of spinach and tomato
September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 1838020472

Yeah! They were nice and crispy on the outside.
Tina fried them in the stainless steel electric skillet, and she dusts them with flour and shakes off the excess before she fries them golden brown.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was just trying to think of something I wanted to fix for supper....I looked back on the forum and scrolled through what everyone has made this month. (Can you believe September is over???)

Nothing grabbed me and said, "COOK ME !!!"

So, I started to review some of my favorite blogs....suddenly, there it was! Supper.

And it couldn't be simpler or easier....

Beans & Franks.

That's what my mouth is watering for. What a simple person I am. Doesn't take much to make me smile.

Barbara101

Barbara101

How funny and here we go again.My neighbor DD & her brother moved in with her.

I told her I would grill hot dogs for her lol.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Too funny.

I'm gonna take my big old fat all beef Fresh Market hot dogs (paid a ridiculous price for 'em...tasty but NOT worth the price they charge...) and stick a bamboo skewer right through the middle.  Then I'll spiral slice 'em so when I put them on the hot grill they will get all charred and crispy edges...ALL OVER.

Here's a video of what I do - and why.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyieI2bxyIk

I know Mr. Amazing won't want any bun since I'll have the Bush's Beans.  But I am thinkin' I'll make a small side of my grandma's sweet/sour raw onion relish to eat with the beans.  It's just chopped onion with a good splash of her vinegar syrup (equal parts sugar & cider vinegar heated to boiling to dissolve the sugar, then cooled and stored in the refrigerator in a Mason jar).  The onion relish is a childhood memory of one of the many sides Grandma always went to the trouble to add to the table, even for everyday meals.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had them years ago (Franks & Beans ) ... and once we had some at a BBQ, and they were the little baby franks that people wrap in the Blue Can Rolls.
Mom said, I am making you kids franks and beans!" and we said,"Oh Boy, ma, are we gonna have the little baby franks like we had at the BBQ last week?"

She said, NO, we will have little hot dog pieces, I'm not spending all that money on special size franks!" They were good, but we liked the little franks because it had two ends (////) !

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth... Great tip with the spiral cut video! Thanks!

I'm sitting here baby sitting and waiting for Tina to come home from the hair dressers.

Bugster2

Bugster2

We are going to give the spiral cut dogs a try. Looks really good. It will be interesting to see how a turkey dog will do.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:We are going to give the spiral cut dogs a try. Looks really good. It will be interesting to see how a turkey dog will do.

You won't know until you try....I would think they would do fine.

But if not.....IT'S NOT MY FAULT !!!

Hahahahahaha.

Actually, I think they taste better with all the crispy edges. You just have to leave 'em on the grill longer than you normally do. At least that's been my experience.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper wasn't a beauty, but we both were happy with the result....

Spiral Cut Hot Dogs and Beans w/Onion Relish.....

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 093014

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 10402930_10205194560086817_4627852209507702137_n

Grilled dogs.   I ate one... Well maybe 2.. September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 3921676023  I grilled them more,I do not like soft bacon.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Your spring dogs and oink dogs look great girls.

Gabe had a meatloaf sandwich...Tina had a mashed potato bowl with gravy.
I had the rest of the corned beef on rye with mustard.
Dessert will be later. English muffins toasted, with butter and peach preserves.

NormM

NormM

We had steamed shumi sp? They are dumplings which was ready made=frozen- from the Asian Market. We had beef, shrimp and crab kinds along with rice, Vietnamese fish sauce and miso soup.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

NormM wrote:We had steamed shumi sp? They are dumplings which was ready made=frozen- from the Asian Market. We had  beef, shrimp and crab kinds along with rice, Vietnamese fish sauce and miso soup.  

Do you like those Shumai Norm? I love them, I like to eat them at Chinese restaurants that serve DimSum, they have fresh shumai, mostly pork and shrimps, but mostly I made my own

NormM

NormM

Yes Shumai it was. I thought it was part of DimSum but it was the first time I'd had it. Cassie and Charlie had had it fried before but we steamed it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I have a bag of them in the freezer. They are just plain, but I like them with just Chinese dipping hot sauce.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Yes Shumai it was.  I thought it was part of DimSum but it was the first time I'd had it. Cassie and Charlie had had it fried before but we steamed it.

They are little pirogi's like. When we have regular pirogi's or Tina's home made ones, the kids like them fried and crispy. I just like them boiled with minced onions fried and butter sauce. Then loads of sour cream on the side.

NormM

NormM

I tried a new recipe caled Vaca Frita or Cuban Shredded Beef. It turned out to be a beef version of carnitas.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 DSCN18932_zpsabb359d5

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I tried a new recipe caled Vaca Frita or Cuban Shredded Beef. It turned out to be a beef version of carnitas.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 DSCN18932_zpsabb359d5

That looks good Norm!!....
I was a little confused when I got this notification, and September threw me! I thought I was in the twilight zone! hahahahahaha

NormM

NormM

My mistake. I posted in the wrong month.

Barbara101

Barbara101

thats ok. Half the time I do not know what day it is..I think it is Friday & it is Wednesday.. September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 15 2855670339

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum