Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 13]

76JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Within 5 seconds...Tina changed what's for supper....

She wanted Pizza. So thin crust large pizza pie was the order from take-out.

Inspiration comes from the strangest parts of the brain.....glad it involved no intense work for either of you.

77JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Tunawhitebean2

Lunch ..Will be dinner too.

78JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

looks cool and refreshing, Barb.

Is that the oil packed tuna you found?

79JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes Italian olive oil.I put the juice over the dogs food & give the can to the cat.Oh man they love love it.

Sad thing is I checked the can for info. Starkist. No I hate that brand of tuna.

80JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We have some friends coming for supper. I've got a rack of ribs low & slow in the oven to steam and (if there is no huge thunderstorm....) I'll brown & caramelize on the grill. Otherwise, they will go under the broiler. To go with the meal I've got baby Yukon potatoes to smush & brown, creamed corn and cucumber salad with sliced tomatoes (from my patio pot).

I'll try to remember to take a pic to post later. But I'll most likely forget all about taking the camera out.

Oh, and I made some cream biscuits for strawberry shortcake for dessert.

81JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina Made Susans Meatballs.

Ground Beef... mix bread cubes, egg, a whole med. onion pureed, and s & p.
Fry to just brown, in shallow cooking oil...lay in a glass baking casserole, and cover with a can of Dark Cream of Mushroom soup adding a 1/3 c. of water to thin a little. Bake 350 uncovered 1 hour.

Had peas (canned baby ones. And Mashed Potatoes. pig  pig 

She also baked a Blue Berry Pie....Just pulled out of the Toaster Oven.

Has to set and cool. That's OK....I will wait.

I forgot to add the pictures.....silly meee!!! Also, I added the beans with onions and tomatoes Tina made the other day; they are Greek Style.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Jfmfa

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 9qvo

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 F6ru

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FORGETFUL JIMMY)

82JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our neighbors were thrilled with supper. They are heading back to Minnesota tomorrow for a couple months and would have had to go out for supper since all the food in the house has been used up (anticipating being gone for quite a while). The creamed corn recipe was from the cookbook I purchased at one of our favorite restaurants nearby, The Cotillion Southern Café in Wildwood, FL. The owner is just the sweetest lady you'd ever want to meet. She published a cookbook of the dishes served at her café.

My ribs got well done and were just about falling off the bone - so they didn't cut apart all that nicely. But, they must have been pretty tasty because no one complained about anything.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 061014

83JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Our neighbors were thrilled with supper.  They are heading back to Minnesota tomorrow for a couple months and would have had to go out for supper since all the food in the house has been used up (anticipating being gone for quite a while).  The creamed corn recipe was from the cookbook I purchased at one of our favorite restaurants nearby, The Cotillion Southern Café in Wildwood, FL.  The owner is just the sweetest lady you'd ever want to meet.  She published a cookbook of the dishes served at her café.

My ribs got well done and were just about falling off the bone - so they didn't cut apart all that nicely.  But, they must have been pretty tasty because no one complained about anything.  

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 061014

We do the ribs in the oven, low and slow from now on. Just like you do Beth.

The meat falls right off the bones, so what I will do the next time, is when they are half done, I will slice them and just throw them back in to continue baking slow.

The next door Neighbor brought over three riba the other day, and they were tasty, BUT...Yeah...BUT ...they were tough, and we felt like turkey buzzards tearing off the flesh.
They were done, but they boil the ribs and then throw them on the grill. They come out tough and chewy.
Next time I do the ribs... I will send some over to the neighbor, and watch, I'll guarantee they will want to know how I cooked them.
LOL.... pig 

84JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I plan on ribs myself.Doing them in the slow cooker.So I will see how that works out..Jimmy how big was the pie to fit in a toaster oven?

85JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

all ya'lls food looks great.. JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 3593629538 

86JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:19 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I plan on ribs myself.Doing them in the slow cooker.So I will see how that works out..Jimmy how big was the pie to fit in a toaster oven?

Barb... it's a 9 inch pie, and Tina layed that in a glass 10 inch pie plate to catch the bubble ooze drips.

87JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:18 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks. I was not sure if it would bake right,seeing it is so small in there.All my pie pans fit.I also have a muffin tin that fits too.Sure as heck going to try this out... JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 3267860543 

heat index yesterday 110` more for the rest of week. 85` when I went to bed at 11. Staying the heck indoors...

88JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:19 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
We do the ribs in the oven, low and slow from now on. Just like you do Beth.

The meat falls right off the bones, so what I will do the next time, is when they are half done, I will slice them and just throw them back in to continue baking slow.

The next door Neighbor brought over three riba the other day, and they were tasty, BUT...Yeah...BUT ...they were tough, and we felt like turkey buzzards tearing off the flesh.
They were done, but they boil the ribs and then throw them on the grill. They come out tough and chewy.
Next time I do the ribs... I will send some over to the neighbor, and watch, I'll guarantee they will want to know how I cooked them.
LOL.... pig 

I like when the rib meat is tender but still has to be pulled off the bone a bit....not gnaw off, but still a bit of pull.

Normally I will take my rack of rib, pull off the silver skin from the back side and put my homemade rib rub seasoning on both sides, wrap nice and tight in plastic wrap and into the fridge for a day or two. Then they go on a foil lined sheet pan (no clean up required) and I pour about 1/2 c. of Coca Cola over for steam and to tenderize. I tightly cover with another piece of foil so the steam stays put. Into a 300° oven for 1 hour, maybe 1 - 1/2 hour and then turn off the oven until I'm ready to brown 'em on the hot grill. On to the grill to get a bit of crust & a brush w/Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Take 'em off, let 'em rest 5 - 10 minutes, cut into pieces and serve.

Never any complaints from the Peanut Gallery.....

lol

89JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It was cocktail time ~ first time this year we've had the roasted tomato/mozzarella bruchetta.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 CocktailTime061114

And supper was a simple braised chicken & vegetables over noodles....

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 061114

90JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Greekbruschetta2

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 2876911673 JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 2876911673  what a hoot.

91JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barb, your bean salad looks divine.  Perfect for a hot summer day.  It's hot as blazes here, but it's always so much hotter where you live.  We just started hitting the 90s last week and, of course, the heat index is hovering around 100 each day.  The older I get, the harder the heat is to take.  Brian?  He's the opposing from me -- he loves the heat and sits out in the shade of the blood orange every day, looking over his garden, the birds and the squirrels.  The heat plays hell with not only my allergies but with my auto immune disorder.

And Beth, I know you were excited to make your roasted tomato/ mozzarella bruchetta.  They look divine, as usual.  

For dinner last night, we had chicken scallopine (with a fair amount of Romano mixed in with the bread crumbs), and a tomato casserole (several layers of sliced Creole tomatoes covered with a bedcrumb mix made from about a half a stick of butter, lots of garlic, a minced shallot and, of course, bread crumbs (I use Progresso Itlian crumbs for this)).  We also had a Creole tomato and baby Romaine salad with a Champagne vinegar vinaigrette.  Yummy!  Shades of summer.

92JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Peppered ham sandwich for supper. Tina and GD had hot turkey sandwiches.

Dessert was blueberry pie.

93JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:Barb, your bean salad looks divine.  Perfect for a hot summer day.  It's hot as blazes here, but it's always so much hotter where you live.  We just started hitting the 90s last week and, of course, the heat index is hovering around 100 each day.  The older I get, the harder the heat is to take.  Brian?  He's the opposing from me -- he loves the heat and sits out in the shade of the blood orange every day, looking over his garden, the birds and the squirrels.  The heat plays hell with not only my allergies but with my auto immune disorder.  

And Beth, I know you were excited to make your roasted tomato/ mozzarella bruchetta.  They look divine, as usual.  

For dinner last night, we had chicken scallopine (with a fair amount of Romano mixed in with the bread crumbs), and a tomato casserole (several layers of sliced Creole tomatoes covered with a bedcrumb mix made from about a half a stick of butter, lots of garlic, a minced shallot and, of course, bread crumbs (I use Progresso Itlian crumbs for this)).  We also had a Creole tomato and baby Romaine salad with a Champagne vinegar vinaigrette.  Yummy!  Shades of summer.

Sounds like summer has arrived, Crybaby. We've had storms blow through once or twice a day and the temp drops so it's been comfortable, although pretty humid and very wet. I was able to dodge the raindrops to brown the ribs last night but today I decided a stovetop meal was a better idea.

I'm getting hungry for one of Barb's special squash & tomato casseroles. I'm wondering how it might be if I layered the zucchini, tomato, dried bruschetta toasts and mozzarella....just thinking that one through.

94JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 pm

NormM

NormM

I put the "country ribs" in the dutch oven and there were only 5 pieces. I went to another store and got another chuck roast that was the same size but wasn't cut up to look like boneless ribs. The roast was $7.00 and the ribs at the other store was $12.00. I cooked it with onions, carrots, mango and potatoes and some bbq sauce. It was good but nothing I plan to make again.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

95JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Norm, sounds like a really expensive 'pre-cut' pot roast supper.....

96JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Realsimple4

97JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Beanspotatoes3

98JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:38 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made beef cubes cut small with stewed tomatoes and onions.
She braised that for a couple hours. It was so tender.

I ate it with 3/4 of a small roll, with 1 tsp. of butter. Gotta cut the carbs....and fats.

Now I am going on a adventure researching carbs in green beans / cabbage / and garden greens.
Tina said she saw on line that these veggies can only be eaten 1/2 cup at a meal.
She can't find the site again, and I don't save her browsing history.

99JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:57 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jana mentioned free cookbooks on Amazon Kindle for PC's. I was looking briefly at what was available (only a couple of pages on Amazon) but I did notice that there was a free low-carb cookbook(s) that had good ratings. Might want to download some of those for free to get some ideas and info.

100JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:11 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am most likely the only person that does like my kindle.I still prefer books.I do keep it charged,just in case lol. but I so dislike the thing.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum