Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

251JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:43 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I never, ever cooked salmon. I am guessing on the grill, and finished in a wine butter sauce in a pan to keep it moist????? I am NOT a Salmon Eater... ( like Beth ) .

I think you mean Barb.. lol you cook it just like any other white fish.Never breaded ... maybe 3 minutes a side,depends on how thick it is.Bake,broil,pan, grill.

Last edited by Barbara101 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

252JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:51 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I got 300 strips.WHY? I used to have to fight them(medicare) to the death to get 50, Now they let me have that many with no flap?????

Beth don't go to wal mart.I waited one time 2 hrs then I said hey I got to go.I called & called.2 days later they had it. That's when I found out Publix had the same meds for no charge & much cheaper.Kicked wm to the curb never to return.

253JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:11 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

when I was DX type 2, I had no idea what to do.So I basically did nothing.I could hardly stick my finger to test.Then one day I was up to 400. I thought well that is not good. I went to the ER.Man they rushed me right back,that even scared me lol How fast they where on the ball.Bunch of needle sticks took blood,hooked me up to some kind of drip??? had me hooked up to all sorts of machines ghezz.5 hrs later my ## came down. I was released. Never gave it another thought till I got a invoice that was paid for $7k. JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 2855670339 JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 652761166 
I had medicare & medicaid..I have never paid for any tests or drs zip zero.Till I got dropped by medicaid due to now I have to much SS.

I need to find a doc who does not charge $190 for a 10 minutes visit.I am fixin to go to a walk in clinic today.My blocked tear duct in back.Seems I get it every month now.Same eye same place.Eye doc said no more meds I need to go have it lanced by his surgeon..OH HELL NO!!!!! So lets see if I can get antibiotic from the walk in place.Just imagine a pea size lump on your upper lid.That eye will water to the point of messing up my vision.I am freaking falling apart........

254JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I never, ever cooked salmon. I am guessing on the grill, and finished in a wine butter sauce in a pan to keep it moist????? I am NOT a Salmon Eater... ( like Beth ) .

I think you mean Barb.. lol you cook it just like any other white fish.Never breaded ... maybe 3 minutes a side,depends on how thick it is.Bake,broil,pan, grill.

Thanks Barb....

BTW.... I thought it was Beth who at one time said she didn't like salmon?
You don't like it either??..... Wow!

255JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

BTW.... I thought it was Beth who at one time said she didn't like salmon?

Oh No.. I love it. Wish I could have it every week.

256JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:BTW.... I thought it was Beth who at one time said she didn't like salmon?

Oh No.. I love it. Wish I could have it every week.

Gabe is gonna get his salmon tonight one way or another...haaaaaa

257JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

For some reason I got it in my head I wanted creamed ham on toast for supper. What's with that? Creamed ham is a cool weather comfort food....and it's definitely NOT cool weather right now.

Must have been seeing the package of chopped ham in the freezer.

Oh well, it's gonna be quick and easy.

258JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:05 pm

NormM

NormM

When I was in the hospital for two weeks, they flew me in a helicopter 120 miles, from Junction City to Kansas City. Cost $12,000. I could fly to Tokyo and back 5 times for less than that.

Three days in the hospital with a broken leg: $16,000. I could have stayed in a hotel in Jamaica for over 2 months for less.

Thank goodness insurance paid almost all of both of those bills.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

259JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Wilkbroc6

260JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Wilkbroc6

L00Ks great Barb....

I cooked today for Gabe. He didn't know I could cook. hahahahaha

Tina and Son and DIL at the Yankee / Red Sox Game as I type.

Gabe loved the Salmon...did it browned in a pan, and then wine lemon butter to make a sauce. Sweet Tater Tots, and peas.

I had two sausage and peppers and onions on two long rolls.
Hit the spot...

261JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

NormM wrote:When I was in the hospital for two weeks, they flew me in a helicopter 120 miles, from Junction City to Kansas City. Cost $12,000. I could fly to Tokyo and back 5 times for less than that.

Three days in the hospital with a broken leg: $16,000. I could have stayed in a hotel in Jamaica for over 2 months for less.

Thank goodness insurance paid almost all of both of those bills.

My sister's college roommate, the one who was in the hot air balloon accident, was flown home in a private jet with a medic on board. Thank heaven her husband (he died in the accident) took out travelers insurance. I can't even imagine what the bill must have been.

262JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:06 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie just told me the helicopter cost $20,000, not $10,000.

263JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks Jimmy.Glad your salmon turned out.
I finally found the pasta with the hole in it. lol.Colavita brand. Boy it is good.Forgot the name  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 2855670339   JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 1223290054 

264JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:I finally found the pasta with the hole in it. lol.Colavita brand. Boy it is good.Forgot the name  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 2855670339    JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 1223290054 

Is it buccatini? (spelling might just be wrong...but you know what I mean)

I really like it, too. And toasted bread crumbs on pasta is such a treat. Makes a big difference for such a minor ingredient. Good looking meal.

265JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Peanuts, and Popcorn, and Cracker jacks.....at the Old Ball Game.

Tina this eve at the Yankee / Red Sox Game in Yankee stadium.

hahahahaha..... She'll kill me if she knew I posted this...

Waht the heck...we all scoff down pop corn...

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Bxs5l

266JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I did some 3.4 oz. burgers on the grill ~ would call them 'sliders' but that's the size I like. Just enough to fill me without being too much.

I did want to 'saute' some onion but put it in a foil packet on the grill instead. Dumb idea. I got charcoal circles instead of golden onions. Oh well, that's the way it goes!

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 062814

267JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh Boy!

Beth Burgers.......

I love chared onions; as much as charred blackened toast.

It's funny. Tina likes cooked onions fried & caramelized, and I like them Just sweated to soft.

Usually, I fry the onions beforehand, and keep them in the fridge to use.

268JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 166045_628045630557045_809813585_n-1

it has been one of those days. Only pizza will do..

269JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OOoooooooooo!!!!!!! Pizza Yummy Yummy!!!

Lookie Goodie Barb

270JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper flunked today....

Just had the remainder of a ham & Cheese hoagie Tina picked me up for lunch.

It wasn't a happy meal, but I did manage to eat it, and not complain.

No dessert... maybe a pb&j b-4 bed time.

271JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It is one of those acid days for me. Been taking Pepcid, Maalox, Pepto and milk with not much relief, so I am not hungry tonight. My DH, Roomie and I went down to Laguna Beach and went into the shops. Ran into a couple of crazies who were yelling to no one in particular. My DH and roomie went to a restaurant on the sand which was nice but the meal, not so much. DH had a burger that cost $13 and was not very good. Roomie had eggs benedict that was only middlin". I didn't eat and was glad I didn't because the bill came to $40. I don't like spending that on crummy food. We came home and went to bed for a nap. No one wants dinner tonight.

272JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:It is one of those acid days for me. Been taking Pepcid, Maalox, Pepto and milk with not much relief, so I am not hungry tonight. My DH, Roomie and I went down to Laguna Beach and went into the shops. Ran into a couple of crazies who were yelling to no one in particular. My DH and roomie went to a restaurant on the sand which was nice but the meal, not so much. DH had a burger that cost $13 and was not very good. Roomie had eggs benedict that was only middlin". I didn't eat and was glad I didn't because the bill came to $40. I don't like spending that on crummy food. We came home and went to bed for a nap. No one wants dinner tonight.

Sounds like an expensive chitty day bugs.

Tina had that this afternoon. She swears by Zantac for relief. Especially at night when asleep. She has to sleep in the recliner too; so the g e r d doesn't back up and choke her. pale  No 

bugs.... ever get the thyroid function tested?

273JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:19 am

NormM

NormM

Cassie and her brothers went to Texas for their sisters daughter's first birthday. Charlie wanted to try a new take out restaurant but the GPS told him he was there and there was nothing there but a culvert so he got some pizza for us and we ate it while watching Cross Bones on TV>

274JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Cassie and her brothers went to Texas for their sisters daughter's first birthday.  Charlie wanted to try a new take out restaurant but the GPS told him he was there and there was nothing there but a culvert so he got some pizza for us and we ate it while watching Cross Bones on TV>

Darn it Norm... Did he check the culvert???

Maybe there was a bag of money hidden in there? hahahahaha

So? How was the pizza??

275JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 11 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:47 am

NormM

NormM

Pizza was OK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum